Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
agreed- she sure is the most active and an inspiration to the rest of us.
Yesterday-swept and mopped my work area-cranked AC still sweat like crazy-air heavy and hard to breathe-listened to music on youtube=got more cds to order.

drive home-uneventful.

last night I went to bed at 7pm. fell asleep reading-hot and tired-air so heavy I was having a hard time breathing. set AC on 70 and dropped off to sleep before I could say good night to Jon.

this morning meds for both girls, scoop boxes, shower and at work.

this morning got a few things here to take care of then poke around with some small tasks.

tonight I am hitting the garden if the air is lighter-the weeds are taking over my side garden and the clover is a bear to get rid of=I took a peak at it this morning-I am embarrassed that my yard looks like a hobos. I got some serious work to do-not sure when I will have time. I want to get to the gym this week after work-then cook dinner- just doesn't leave me much time...maybe I will find someone to pay to help me but I fear they will pull the babies out and not know the difference between weeds I want gone and perennial babies I am trying to grow...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! But not really.

You see, a lot of you guys are already retired. We are still working. So our weekends are full of doing stuff that you'd be doing throughout the week. It's still the same stuff, just at difference times!

I really hope that when we're retired, we'll be able to get more stuff done during the week days, so we're not so busy during our weekends and can actually enjoy Saturdays and Sundays!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
rainy day here!

- eye test
- catch up on receipts and bills
maybe renew my drivers license

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work this morning. Rick is off today and was snoring on the couch when I left the house. I did manage to get the yard mowed (but not trimmed) before the rain hit last night. Rick spent his Sunday afternoon getting the last stump out of the area at the top of the driveway; I think he's going to burn brush today.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, grabbed a shower (Rick emptied the dishwasher and will scoop)
  • Haven't made it to Staples, so heading there tonight before we hit the grocery store.
  • Grocery night

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never got to the garden last night-I stopped at two walmarts and found a new phone..spent two hours trying to figure out how to set it up. I still need to transfer my minutes from the old to new. the data runs out on Friday or sat=so will officially switch then-they make you download an app which if you don't have cell service then it's impossible. Good thing I have wifi at home...got to use facebook on it and take some pictures of the cats LOL.

this morning-
meds for both cats- raining out so no one got to go outside.

Today I need to call mechanic=check engine light on-need to get repaired before leave for vacation-don't want to be at the mercy of an unknown mechanic if you know what I mean.

Then book closet after work to drop off more books- I keep finding good deals that I can't pass them up-let's hope the summer folks eagerly buy them up since the competitive thrift stores jacked their prices up--hoping they come back and spend!

I have no clue what to do about dinner-last night I put together a salad-ate some of it..was not satisfied. I don't want to have left overs hanging around=another thing to prepare for-no extra food rotting in the frig.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I got up early, had tea with Vincie girl on the deck.
Put a load of laundry in.
My helper will be here at 3 to do chores and errands I am unable to do.

This summer has not been enjoyable. I love being outside but we have had dew points in the 70s
some days have been record breaking. I have cabin fever in the summer but being outside in the
heat and humidity for any length of time has been awful I am lucky to have central a.c.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm tired this morning. Tabby presented me with two hair balls and the resultant piles of puke as well, so I was up cleaning in the hallway and the computer room during the night.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, grabbed and quick shower
  • Must scoop the boxes tonight
  • A quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen as The Beast is really shedding
Our dewpoints have been horrible, too, and I keep wondering when we moved to the tropical rainforest! I love being outside, but lately, it's been ridiculous. The water level in the pool is above the skimmer now....unheard for this time in summer; usually we're adding water to the pool by now. Last night made for interesting driving coming home from work in the downpour. Traffic was not good anyway at rush hour and in all that rain, well, that just made it ten times as bad. I was glad to get home. I'm talking cloudbursts. Really ugly. Lots of wind, thunder, lightning, and tons and tons of rain.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't get to the book booth-it was DOWNPOURING like crazy=so went to store and got mac n cheese n bacon..that was dinner..got some salad veggies-and forgot them this morning.

Scooped boxes this morning
meds for both cats.
Too hot for Honeybee to sleep on me again-she's been sleeping in the other room with Jon..usually in the window seat.
Will stop tonight to unload books..got to get the truck emptied out.
Found a new gym to try out-going to make some phone calls today to find out more info--it's a 30 min HIIT type workout kick boxing. With a speed bag and other equipment-kind of pricy but maybe this fall I will try it out. Need to get my endurance back up.
Need to sweep the kitchen floor-looking messy this week with honeybee tracking dirt and leaves from outside.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my first time posting here. I don't do all that much.
Got a perm.
Went grocery shopping.
Cooked and ate the last of the zucchini.

Muffy

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- Allergy shots
- pick up the branches I clipped late yesterday
- maybe clip a few more

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, separated two piles of laundry, grabbed my shower
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Made a few phone calls.
Artie meds.
Washing bedsheets, mattress pad
Post office
a few errands
make a salad for supper
morning stuff.
make some chicken for supper

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my first time posting here. I don't do all that much.
Got a perm.
Went grocery shopping.
Cooked and ate the last of the zucchini.

Muffy
welcome to the Name Three Things thread!

not much going on here today. i've already scooped the litter boxes, and taken the trash and recycling out.

later today i'll make a couple phone calls. then i'll read, play some computer games, and probably watch some tv shows or a movie for a while.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, grabbed my shower and I'm going back to bed. I've had a headache now for two days and enough is enough.
  • When I get back up, I'll do a quick vacuum and Swiffer about the house
  • Scoop the boxes

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today is over so I will write three things I did.
I went with hubby first thing this morning to his eye doctor appointment.
We went to Wal Mart after the eye appointment. I wanted to buy a spring form pan so I can make cheesecake.
I picked the blueberries off our bush out back.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back at work.....but I'm not happy about it.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes, and grabbed my shower
  • Amber Louise has a vet appt tonight and she knows it. On Wednesday, we had a message on our home machine reminding us about Amber's appt and, evidently, she heard the message. She's been gone ever since; she won't eat, she won't come out at all. She's hiding out under the couch; when I lifted the couch skirt up to check on her, she was there. And she hissed at me. She knows. And she's not happy. Brat
And that will be it for us. Vet appts take forever.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday:
meds for cats
shower for work
pumps to the vets for laser therapy for arthritis=she was mad at me-saw me coming and ran. that's the hard part. not being able to coax her into the cat carrier-she ran out yesterday on deck and we played dart around the deck until she got into the woods-did a pee and I slowly got up to her, pet her and praised her for being a good girl..then picked her up to go to vets.
made an appointment for another vet where we will be next week-laser therapy twice a week if it's not too expensive. Now pumpkin will hide Sunday because she hates the carrier..but at least I can keep her inside so she's not out running around but I think if I don't let her out-she will know something is up. So if she's sleeping on the deck in the sun-she won't go far. Just have to play it by ear. Fun times!

tomorrow=unload books to the shop, empty truck, vacuum and wash windows and get ready to go away.
pack clothes and make a list to make sure I have everything-and not overpack.

Sunday morning-scrub the house- vacuum and mop the floors, clean bathroom so it's ready for me when I come home. and off we go. So ready to get out of town.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- mulching. Lots of mulching.
- scoop the litter boxes
- straighten the kitchen

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I did something this morning that I hardly ever do....after giving the kids their breakfast and emptying the dishwasher, I went back to bed. And managed to go back to sleep! I slept until 8:00....unheard of for me. I woke up with Muffin nestled against my side and my arm wrapped around her. Mollipop was up on my pillow with her paws in my hair. It was a good morning. I was so tired; when I told Rick I was going back to bed, he was shocked.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, took a morning snooze, and am drinking my coffee now (Rick is drinking iced coffee and will scoop boxes when he's finished)
  • Lowes for a water filter for our Samsung fridge
  • If the weather holds, Rick and my BIL will be taking Rick's mom's recliner chair from the assisted living facility to her room in the nursing home. That's if it doesn't rain today.
  • While they're doing that, I'll probably mow yard

Status
Not open for further replies.