Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We did manage to get the yard mowed yesterday, so that's done for another week.
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed down, emptied the dishwasher (Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap)
  • Working on my second load of laundry
  • I'll spend the afternoon picking up black walnuts today....there are tons of walnuts on the ground and we never use them
  • The girls need claws trimmed and Tabby needs her ears cleaned
  • Manicure tonight.....and I need to trim my own claws!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had five days in row of intense yard work. I don't know if my body can take another day of it.

- if my legs don't protest too much, I'll go for a walk.
- definitely do a quick straighten around the house
- laundry

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I awakened around 1:30 or so when a loud motorcycle went down the road. And never really got back to sleep well after that, so I'm pooped.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, grabbed my shower
  • Hair appt tonight
  • If I get home before 6:00 from the hair appt, we'll grab a few groceries. I need to stop at Sally's for a bottle of nail polish extender (you pour a couple drops into the bottle of nail polish and it's supposed to stop the polish from thickening up and becoming unusable)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, some general clean-up, grabbed my shower
  • Must run to Target to pick up prescriptions and go to Sally's (didn't make it last night)
  • Scoop the boxes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, sorted laundry, scooped the boxes, general clean-up, grabbed my shower
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and moved more of the (newly bought) 9-grain cracked wheat cereal mix in bags from the freezer to the storage bin it'll be stored in. i also ran a load of assorted pieces of bedding in the washing machine, and ran it through the dryer. i'll fold that and put it in the closet later this morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • I have yet to get down to Target/CVS to pick those meds up. Rick has a bowling meeting tonight; maybe I can run down then. (Then again I could just wait til Friday night, too, at this point)
  • A quick vacuum about the house

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We got up this morning and I tottered out to the kitchen to fix breakfast for the kids. I said that I wasn't walking this morning. Rick said we weren't going to work today. Well, you don't have to tell me twice!
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, need to scoop boxes. Rick hit the couch to take a nap
  • We're going to Trader Joe's, to Home Depot, and to a couple places to look at stone for a patio in the back yard. Hit the butcher to buy a nice turkey breast for Saturday.
  • :sigh: I really need to go to Target to get those meds

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After the cats were fed, I went back to bed for a bit and then got myself ready for another PT session. I set the washing machine to start a load while I was at PT. I saw a cormorant bird basking on a fallen tree in the river :) I decided to walk to PT and back. I stopped at the supermarket on the way back and originally planned to buy just dish soap and juice but ended up with several other things :rolleyes: I ran another load of laundry when I got home. I think a nap is calling me now :D I do need to run a basket of papers through the paper shreeder and organize my desk a little. And the mice need their box cleaned out tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I went back to bed again this morning, Got up at 5:00 to feed the kids, said the heck with it, and tumbled back into the bed. When I awakened, Mollipop and Muffin were both tight up against me and Tabby was sprawled out at the foot of the bed. So then I lay there for a while, just enjoying being comfy with the girls.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed (Rick scooped this morning)
  • Errands and I need to buy two cans of nonfat evaporated milk
  • Must brine the split chicken breasts and get them ready for smoking
  • Vacuum, a quick Swiffer, wipe the kitchen and the bathroom
My sister and BIL are coming for dinner tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already washed the dishes, baked a tray of carob shortbread cookies ('slice and bake' -- and i just needed to pull out a 'log' of the dough from the freezer to thaw yesterday afternoon; used the toaster oven to bake them, was quite cool during the overnight), made a loaf of bread machine bread, scooped the litter boxes, and took out the trash.

later this morning i'll work on the budget for a while.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The cats allowed us to sleep in this morning until around 5:30 or so.

When we were at Lowes yesterday, we found some pretty Shasta daisies in the "hospital" cart (that's what we call the carts where they put flowers that aren't in the best of shape). They were 50 cents for a 4-inch container, so we bought ten containers. We're going to plant half of them in the flowerbed in the back yard and the other half in the front yard flowerbed to fill in some bare spots. They're perennials, so if they "take" and do well, they'll come back next year. And while we're doing that, we're going to plant grass at the top of the driveway where Rick dug out those spreading juniper bushes.)
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed down, scooped the boxes
  • I have a ton of laundry today -- four loads -- and I don't know where it all came from
  • Mow the yard
  • We're going to visit with Rick's mother later on this afternoon or early evening

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've got the dishes washed, and the litter boxes scooped. later this morning, i'll slice the loaf of bread machine bread i made during the overnight last night -- i like the loaves to sit out for up to 24 hours, to cool and to get a nice crispy crust on them.

other than that, i'll read, play some computer games, and possibly watch a tv show or a movie.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I awakened to the sound of somebody kutzing up a hairball this morning. It was time to get out of bed anyway, so I just got up, cleaned the hairball up, got dressed and took care of breakfast. Rick has a vacation day today, but he has a horrible sinus headache and has been down for the count since yesterday afternoon.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, grabbed my shower
  • 6:30 vet appt tonight for Mollipop, Tabby and Muffin
  • Depending on what time we get back home, must grab a few groceries

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped boxes, and grabbed my shower
  • Must give Clarence a bit of a wash during my lunch break today; he's going for his paint job tonight! He's also getting a new dashboard put in.
  • Groceries tonight.....til we got home from the vet with the girls and had to deal with getting The Beast calmed back down, we decided enough was enough. For some reason, she was really stupid last night. When we got home she was jumping around in the living room window and screaming at the top of her lungs. Rick said he wasn't dealing with her more than once a night, so we'll go for groceries tonight. I'm sorry, but I'm at the point where I really despise dogs.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Boy, that was a short night. Both Rick and I were tired this morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped boxes, grabbed my shower, stopped for gas on my way into work this morning
  • We are going to order the blinds for the kitchen tonight. The sale is only until the weekend and I want to get it done. We keep talking and talking and talking about the blasted blinds and I'm tired of talking.
  • Trash night
  • Laundry night

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We actually managed to order Roman shades for the kitchen....after about a year of discussion, looking, more discussion and more discussion. Should be here in about two weeks. We decided to go with Levolor. Now onto something for the bedroom and then for the living room. By that time the new window and the sun tunnel should be installed in the bathroom and then it's back to the drawing board for that. :sigh:
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, a quick clean-up in the kitchen, grabbed my shower
  • Rick has an eye appt at 4:00 for new safety glasses; I'm going along to see what frames they have that I might like
  • Til we got home last night, it was after 8:00, so no laundry. The piles are sorted and I'll start on laundry tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've got a batch of pork fried rice made, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and took out the trash. shortly, i'll grab another jar of milk from the freezer and put it in the fridge to thaw.

later this morning, we'll be celebrating the girls (DeeDee and Punky's) birthdays -- they were born just one week apart, and they enjoy celebrating together. they're 2 years old now! i've got to get the camera's rechargeable batteries charging shortly too! will try to post some pics tomorrow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom a very Happy Birthday to both DeeDee and Punky!
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, started the dishwasher, Rick will scoop when he gets back up from his nap
  • Will take some butter out of the fridge later on to make snickerdoodles and apple crumb bars tonight (Rick leaves next week for a week in Vegas and he'll need his snickerdoodles. The apple crumb bars are to take to his mom tomorrow when we visit.)
  • Vacuum, a quick Swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
  • If the weather holds this afternoon (and we don't see that happening), mow the buckhorns. Rick no sooner got the mower started last night than the rain came.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've got a batch of pork fried rice made, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and took out the trash. shortly, i'll grab another jar of milk from the freezer and put it in the fridge to thaw.

later this morning, we'll be celebrating the girls (DeeDee and Punky's) birthdays -- they were born just one week apart, and they enjoy celebrating together. they're 2 years old now! i've got to get the camera's rechargeable batteries charging shortly too! will try to post some pics tomorrow.
Happy birthday to DeeDee and Punky. I used to have a feral I named DeeDee but later I found out that she belonged to a neighbor down the street.

Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.