Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've got almost everything needing doing done already. i've washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash, pre-measured out for a batch of nanaimo bars, and sliced a loaf of bread machine bread. later this morning i'll make a couple phone calls. this evening i'll make the nanaimo bars -- they're made using the stove top, no oven used.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's supposed to be low humidity, so I should go outside and do yard work

Straighten out the kitchen

Scoop the boxes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm back to work; Rick is taking a vacation day. He's taking The Beast to the vet (for the second of two booster shots) and then he's working outside. Many, many moons ago, I planted four spreading junipers in the area at the top of our driveway. They became mature and they were beautiful. But they've been getting old and scraggly and they're not the type of bush for pruning. So Rick started digging them out yesterday and, man, that is a job and a half. I took one out a couple years ago and thought I was going to die til I got the thing out. The roots are huge and far-spreading. I had to use a pick-ax to get the thing out of the ground. Rick's got his work cut out for him, that's for sure.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, and grabbed my shower. Rick made the bed and emptied the dishwasher and he will scoop boxes when he gets up from his morning nap.
  • Planning Commission meeting today after work. I'm hoping I don't have to do because I've not really anything to discuss. What that usually means is that I go to the meeting and when they get to subdivision reports, I pop up and say, "I got nothin'! See you next month!" and leave. :) I'm going to see if I can just bag the meeting because.....I got nothin'!
  • Groceries tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already made the nanaimo bars, washed the dishes, and scooped the litter boxes. later today i'll take the trash and recycling out, portion (in groups of 4) and freeze the nanaimo bars, and make a couple phone calls. i'll also move a jar of spaghetti sauce and some meatballs to the fridge to thaw.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
-pick up my car from the shop.
-work on a shipment of inventor that I'm ending to a fulfilment center
-water the plants ( especially the outdoor plants)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Medicate Artie
Breakfast for both of us.
Artie Sub-q's
Make a phone call.
wash a sheet
Attend a Funeral this morning
get more food for Artie. takes 30 minutes to get to store, so an hour roundtrip travel time.
wash the bed cover sheet--poopy
home...
perhaps pick up a salad for supper. I think I will be too tired/rushed to make one.
another phone call

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
No meeting for me last night....:woohoo: And I don't think there will be one in August either. :woohoo: again. It's a rainy morning, but we need the rain, so I'm not complaining. Would have been a good morning to go back to bed though and perhaps sleep in for another hour or so. I keep :yawn:
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, scooped the boxes, and grabbed a shower (Rick emptied the dishwasher and he made the bed)
  • Must pick up a bag of potting soil sometime today
And I think that's pretty much it

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I planted four spreading junipers in the area at the top of our driveway. They became mature and they were beautiful. But they've been getting old and scraggly and they're not the type of bush for pruning. So Rick started digging them out yesterday and, man, that is a job and a half. I took one out a couple years ago and thought I was going to die til I got the thing out. The roots are huge and far-spreading. I had to use a pick-ax to get the thing out of the ground. Rick's got his work cut out for him, that's for sure.
Ugh. I dug out a bunch of them when we moved here. They were all along the front of the house. I've got another that I just decided a week ago that I am going to get rid of, but we are so far behind in the yard that I think I'm going to save it for the Fall or Spring.

- Must go to a grocery store today
- Get Trash and recyclables together
- figure out meals for the next few days.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- Abby is headed to the vet this morning for ehr B-12 shot
- I forgot to get a few thigns at the store so headed back today.
- I may start cutting the kale down in the garden and prepping it to make soup.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, scooped the boxes (Rick emptied the dishwasher and made the bed)
  • Must call for appt to change the oil in the Tucson
  • Must call for vet appts for Amber, Mollipop, Tabby and Muffin (I think Amber has a UTI)
  • Trash night
  • Laundry night (two loads)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff
Regular Artie meds, and sub-q's
Pick up Artie meds
Get a ton of stuff at Trader Joes..
decide on something for supper.
That will take up most of the day
wash a few clothes.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already cooked the pasta and mixed the spaghetti sauce in with it, washed the dishes, and scooped the litter boxes. later this morning i'll take out the trash and recycling. and that's it for me for today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I came "this" close to a day off work, but alas, here I am.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, general clean-up, grabbed my shower
  • After work, must take the Tucson to the garage for an oil change
  • A quick vacuum about the house tonight, scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've got the dishes washed, the litter boxes scooped, and the trash and recycling taken out. i paid a bill, and organized a chewy order. i've also got a 'test' jar of salsa in the freezer, to leave in there for a couple weeks and see how it 'holds up' to freezing. i'm pretty sure it'll do fine, and i'm not picky as long as it doesn't turn into liquid when thawed.

later this morning i'll get a loaf of bread machine bread going. and i'll likely need to take a bag of trash out too.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
wow those junipers sound like a pain! Have Rick tie a chain around them and hook up to truck and pull them out. So much easier on his back. We did this in Manchester with these stupid box bush type things..used a v6 truck and it worked like a charm. So much easier!

Jon put the dryer back together Monday after the other thermistor came in-he had it together in half an hour-then the sensor wasn't working for wet clothes-so I put it on timed dry.
Then he took it apart on Tuesday to make sure the circuit board was connected-he wasn't sure where some wires went since I took those apart=everything was fine-so just ran a few loads and eventually it started working again. He told me don't do that again-I said no there's enough junk in the landfills-it was only $250 in parts-and the motor is only a year old so will run it then buy a speed queen dryer even though that is $800 but I hear nothing but good things about that brand...or I will find an old maytag dryer like I had growing up-you couldn't kill those!

The heater coil was the culprit. It was burned up and broken-he also bought a new metal elbow for vent since they don't recommend plastic flexible vent hose=it's a pain to install but I told him it's so much safer-no danger of fire with lint backed up in it-the tube was 5 feet too long=the elbow cuts all that out. I will search for a flexible 4" metal pipe in my yard sale travels-people throw away stuff all the time.

yesterday went to a small shop to buy books onsale for my book booth and thinking about selling on Amazon. I used to sell on ebay years ago-just need to buy bubble mailers and make room for listed books on the book case=it has always been my dream to have all my books on amazon but I would have to come up with some label/inventory system and I just don't have time for that. Found out 2 major thrift chains jacked all books up to 80% off list price=so I have to raise my prices-and so far they are still selling-some grumbling but I compete with Annies and Salvation army/goodwill. So alas...my goals changed for book selling.

priced/drop off books last Friday and this Tuesday. will go tonight if not raining.
vacuumed the livingroom Monday night
Cooked sloppy joes sunday night-just finished up last night
tonight cook sausage and spaghetti sauce.
scoop boxes/ meds for cats.

Work this weekend so not much time for anything other than price and drop off books tonight. this weekend will be a long one if they let me come in at 3am.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We can't do it with the truck and there's a big silver maple in the immediate area, not to mention some pool piping. We had talked about doing it with the truck before, but he doesn't think he can get the truck in there well enough to maneuver around everything.

Good for you guys, getting your dryer working again! Kudos! As for Speed Queen, I have a SQ washer that I love, love, love. When our dryer bites the dust, we'll go with a SQ dryer, too. I have blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 to thank for the Speed Queen suggestion; she told me about them when our washer died. Best suggestion ever. :thanks: blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, general clean-up, made the bed, grabbed a shower
  • Pick up the Tucson after work; Hannah is in the garage for an oil change (and I think, new brakes; I have a sneaky feeling the garage is going to be calling me this morning to tell me that she need brakes....there's a funky noise in the rear of the car when I go around corners. We'll see.)
  • Scoop boxes tonight (since I'm on the treadmill longer, I don't have time to scoop in the morning, so I have to do it at night now)

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I love mine too. I would give away most anything except my SQ washer and my Kitchen Aid mixer.

Today I have an eye appointment for yearly checkup. I need to catch up on filing paperwork and a bit of ironing.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Winchester Winchester what about the ride on lawnmower? some kind of chain saw? Sounds like a real b. anyone got a bobcat they can come over and help pop those babies out? what about a longer tether? doesn't have to be right behind it-make a collar and have the vehicle 10-15 feet away? sorry=hate to see you guys kill yourselves pulling out a plant! Got to be a way to kill it so it comes out easier? drive a copper stake into it?! I heard this kills trees-but I could be wrong..sorry!!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Had PT earlier. Then went grocery shopping at both the independent grocery store and the chain supermarket. I have the last load of laundry in the wash right now. I'm expecting a phone call this afternoon from a recruiter who contacted me out of the blue about a job opening. Then make dinner.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Paid bills
Drug store and grocery store
Made two huge pots of Portuguese kale soup for the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.