My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Noise complaints can be filed but they either result in “Turn it down or we’ll be back”. Or.... your neighbor over there wants you to stop! No. These days officers are under funded and short handed. Better to wait until they are sober and try to reason with them. Or.... hope they move. I have the sounds on video though. Audio.
Absolutely exhausted. Hoping for good news soon but I may be quick to post until I get rest. I still have to get Flowers settled in since she prefers the cat room. Gotta bring in another big cage for her to use as her bedroom! Lol That way I can close her door if I open the cat room.
Please be careful around those neighbors, they may not be reasonable people when sober. Bring someone with you if you feel you absolutely must speak to them. I am praying that Thrasher is safe and that you are kept safe as well. I hope this is all over soon and Thrasher returns home soon. 🤗

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cat had blasted out the greenhouse door! I can’t be positive but I think it was Thrasher.
I hope it's her! :crossfingers: I know I was relieved when Demi poked his cute little head out of the woods when he escaped. At least when you set eyes on them, there is hope.

all their backs turned but the calico
Love her colors. 😻🌈

I can't even find Lelia's hiding places in the house and you're searching a huge area.
This makes me wonder if maybe Thrasher could possibly be in the house, stuck in a closet or somewhere? Maggie is still rather feral and she doesn't have much of a voice, so she probably couldn't tell me if she was stuck in a closet. She is so quiet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote PRECIOUS babies! Thanks for giving us the treat of seeing the 12-day kittens. May they thrive in loving care!
Jcatbird Jcatbird Your intuition is true. May Thrasher soon find her way to the safe haven she knows and the love that is there for her.
Yeah, the noise laws are supposed to make it possible for people to live close together in some semblance of peace, but unfortunately that's the way the cops treat the matter here, too. I always tell them do not contact me and do not identify me, but once they came banging on my door and would not stop until I opened it and talked to them, telling them I had specifically stated do not contact/do not ID. They don't care. And as for lives of all kinds, just about, they are cheap. We have to care about ourselves and for one another. You are doing what everyone around you would be doing, in a caring society, because you must. *PRAYERS* continuing.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, very late, I felt sure it was Thrasher I saw come in the greenhouse to eat. I went just to the door to call her but had to ask Mr. Possum to eat further over. He did. I left the door open to her room and food as well as heat. Something did eat and it appears it was a cat. No Thrasher in sight. It rained buckets all night. So, I went out and the greenhouse floor is flooded. I scared another cat out when I entered. I also looked in the shed where I found the neighbor cat huddled. Fed them both elsewhere. Then I built a walkway from the entrance the cats use, some privacy shelter with things Thrasher is used to and put a large open carrier with special food and water up high. I shook the treats. Nothing. I called. Nothing. I retreated to dry off, eat and then I will go back out and construct a feral shelter by the back door like I used to have. If it will stop raining for awhile to drain the greenhouse floor, it would help. The inside kitties know that there is stress. BJ has stayed in a box all night. Usually he sleeps with me, Muffin, Thrasher and Kodiak or Flowers. Cats don’t like change. I have had to move everything around. Kodiak is the only one who slept with me. Whistle is in my lap now and Bsnjo was earlier. Lady came and snuggled just a bit. Gotta run. Much to do and I am starving. Gotta charge my camera monitor too so I can carry it around with me.

The babies were a , much needed, smile. Of course the calico would be getting photo time! Lol

No chance of Thrasher being inside. She would have made a fuss by now or I would have found her. All furniture moved and all cabinets open. Everything is open. You should see this place!:eek: Just in case, I will keep things open until I know I have identified her outside. Thrasher has never been one who didn’t come for food. She just isn’t inside. I wish she was.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy looks like she just killed a might leaf! Victory and now the clean up.

Still pouring rain. I rigged up two quick feral shelters outside the cat room. One for Mr. Possum if he comes out and one for Thrasher to come closer to home. Also, in the same spot she originally learned of safety. These are not great ones but they should hold for now. Dry, food and shielded from wind.
Time for me to get a bit of shuteye before feral cats feed at night. I’m hoping to spot her tonight. Still looking inside as well. Nothing is impossible.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy looks like she just killed a might leaf! Victory and now the clean up.

Still pouring rain. I rigged up two quick feral shelters outside the cat room. One for Mr. Possum if he comes out and one for Thrasher to come closer to home. Also, in the same spot she originally learned of safety. These are not great ones but they should hold for now. Dry, food and shielded from wind.
Time for me to get a bit of shuteye before feral cats feed at night. I’m hoping to spot her tonight. Still looking inside as well. Nothing is impossible.
May you get some good rest and some good food before resuming your vigil. And may Thrasher COME HOME NOW.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Panic time. I found my heavy front door ajar this morning. Muffin, Precious and Lady we’re out. Lady on the garden and the other two sitting by the door and frightened. I got them in and secured the door. I did a head count. One is unaccounted for. Thrasher.
Oh dear, my heart is pounding as I read your post as I was busy in the weekend and did not stop by. I just hope Thrasher is safe and for you, please do take care while out searching for Thrasher especially bending low under the timbers and bushes and I'm afraid that you'll meet a poisonous snake or a mad animal.

I hope that Thrasher is safe and will return home soon

Prayers for both of you
69406126413f78ee75d1dd3d15e772eb.jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 BellaGooch BellaGooch Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose M maggiedemi tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 tabbytom tabbytom Maria Bayote Maria Bayote C Cat Grrl
Hang in there until the Thank you and all the others holding up hope and sending out prayers and hugs. I am still searching. I slept for a few hours and I am back out and looking. Not a creature is stirring outside except for the possums. I will go out very early in the morning and put fresh food. It appears that something did nibble a little food in the cat room. If Thrasher is near, the feral shelters are something she will have to investigate. New is not for cats but this may lead her back. It will take time and patience.
Something just bumped the greenhouse. Something is in there but I cannot see! It could be anything but I can now see just the edge of it’s back. It is eating out of a carrier. I called out to Thrasher and all the kitties over the microphone and it did not run away. My heart wants me to go and look but I have to wait until it finishes eating.
Patience, patience. I don’t want to spook it. Whatever it is , I need it to get used to eating there in safety. Trust.
The kitty pool is in the greenhouse now but hidden behind some of the throws we use. It is nice and dry there.
Whatever was eating just left. Now I can go to see if it was possum or raccoon.
Cat! I don’t think one of the neighbor cats or a wild one would eat from a carrier but who knows. Tomorrow I will put the food dish a little further back into the carrier. The footprints along the edge are just muddy cat litter but they aren’t possum!
Huh. Just saw a possum at the opposite end of the greenhouse. As soon as I spoke ( microphone right beside him) he left. Sorry guy!
BJ has come out of his box.

I guess we are long past due for a smile post. I’m sorry I have been neglecting that but I wanted to post sort of a “how to” on searching for a missing cat. I want to emphasize that I take care while searching and am very familiar with the terrain. I wear protective gear while searching. Thick boots, pants tucked into the boot top to prevent ticks, long sleeved shirts and layers of jacket and coat, thick leather gloves and a cap. I carry a phone, flashlight, pocket knife, small amount of energy food, water and I let someone know where I am going. I have walked this area for many years and would tell anyone doing this to always be prepared. Most people searching for a cat will be in more residential areas but all should let someone know their route.
Kodiak continues to steal my heating pad at every opportunity.
156105F3-7690-41B2-9269-F632218BFFBD.jpeg

Whistle has discoverEd another large carrier has been moved into the hallway.
37C22CF9-965C-45A8-A1D5-E8340F1AB3BC.jpeg

He likes being on top of things so this suits him. He has a cat’s eye view of the room.
DAEC9E4B-55D2-4C0F-BA56-859986938BC2.jpeg

Lady. Still on her spot on the arm of a sofa or planted squarely in the middle of it. She has not asked to go outside (sounds like rain!) but she did call at the front door again.
0AC904B1-BB33-4C85-AFB0-70C1815C4143.jpeg

Bj in his box.
DA1ADFAA-AAFD-40FE-A3A6-F910683850AA.jpeg

I mentioned a can of chicken and he peeked up a bit.
5E656E9F-E83A-4EE1-BB70-E2C82927F87E.jpeg

Banjo is on top of the new crate that I brought in for Flowers.
B08FA5BB-AAE4-4206-9358-37FBA931790E.jpeg

She really wants to go back out to the cat room and was trying to scoot out so, for her safety, while the cat room is open to outside, she is staying in her new house. BJ went in to visit with her and I sat with them. She is purring and okay with being in here for now. This is much like her house in the cat room anyway. Just that the crate door is closed right now.
AC55A322-4709-41AA-96F5-86F910568278.jpeg

BJ came to get some petting.
4559285B-E647-4AF7-B58C-DA003B79A81B.jpeg

He gave me head butts.
1EE4F01A-F306-478E-977F-6022AF0F80CE.jpeg

They are all due for snuggles since I have been so busy.
0907F015-7AE3-4595-ACDE-DF93D2DF8441.jpeg

He’s taking full advantage of it too!
1B2E49B0-2B7A-41C5-8929-80B149D39105.jpeg

Mitsy came to join in.
9B090E87-B733-4BBD-B707-9C87E5395717.jpeg

Snuggle fest!
07E1B41E-A1B6-40C5-9087-96DF2591D368.jpeg

Aww! Kitty kisses. I love the extended paw! Finally a smile from BJ.
C830552C-FD25-4B31-A5DB-274F9C188D42.jpeg

One kiss isn’t enough?
BE298049-0210-4CAA-B66E-11F34EE54EE7.jpeg

Well BJ.... I guess you need some extra attention. Okay.
590C2C50-D210-4A13-941D-415A1B84A335.jpeg

Let me rub against you too. Kitty petting kitty.
85F7604E-5A6C-4CF9-8D0C-9ABF911D09AA.jpeg

Ohhhh! Mitsy perfume!
9B2E3A2F-D35E-49B0-B1FE-8D233BBBDB84.jpeg

Fresh!
E8B84E2A-512F-43F2-BA7F-7AAFF87CF112.jpeg

Heh heh heh. I love the ladies.
CB94AB8B-76CC-475D-954A-EE1F3797D26C.jpeg

For the purrfect ending tonight, we have the tail of Mr. Possum!
E76FA60D-8CF1-47CC-9217-BDD0F6B02852.jpeg

Again, thank you everyone for your support and as the Clowder and I continue our vigil.:kitty:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep hanging in there. I wholeheartedly hope that was Thrasher. I’m glad to hear that BJ is out of his box, and it is always nice to see the clowder’s sweet faces.

Tell everyone hello.

Stay optimistic. Thrasher won’t forget about all of the love you provide her, and all of the friends she has.

I’m very glad that you’re prepared while searching. I’m sure a lot of people- myself included!- feel much better knowing that you’re well prepared. Please continue to stay safe.

I’m still praying, of course. I wish I could give you a big hug. Virtual will have to do.
:hugs: :grouphug2::hearthrob::hugs::grouphug2::hearthrob::hugs::grouphug2::hearthrob:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.