My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May the good news about your friend be doubled, with good news soon about Thrasher returning, healthy and hungry! *PRAYERS* for that to be TODAY! BJ and Lady and the entire clowder must be very concerned and directing their energies toward her to bring her home safe, too.
Is that shirt a Pendleton by any chance? I have one very similar but it's a buffalo check, in black and burgundy, very old (so old it's marked "virgin wool"!) that someone gave me. Those are great shirts!
May you have success today!:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The mood with the kitties is definitely different. When you sing harmony but a voice is missing, everything sounds different. No luck today either. Sending out Thrasher vibes in the best way I know how. Calling to all the kitties as I do inside so that she might come to be with her Clowder. We had sun today so maybe when things dry out......

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you feed them, they will come! Early this morning, a cat was in the cat room. Not Thrasher though. Bonjure first alerted me so I looked at the camera. I was followed! The kitty from
the swamp. Maybe he is actually a red fox! Lol

Hmmm. I am welcomed by the aroma of catnip and chicken!
6097B223-7F0C-4654-BEB5-D4D8FADD462D.jpeg

Is anyone here?
BD02420E-4F58-486A-873C-DCE27A047EC0.jpeg

An empty house?
E764106E-2C8A-449B-91A5-59B573783ACA.jpeg

Then perhaps I can do what Goldilocks did and sample the porridge.
AFFC15B1-5F55-4CB3-B345-08F1F1E8F7B6.jpeg

No one is outside either?
3AE0B8AE-A8F9-4895-9B50-E2E989DBAC4E.jpeg

Better double check.
1EEB1FDE-C159-43EF-94E6-250BB93E20AC.jpeg

This meal with a view is great!
79008766-E327-4517-A2A4-964BFA2F630F.jpeg

Not a bad place!
12D9F49E-E640-4418-B778-62C994637326.jpeg

It almost looks like it’s made for a nice Ginger Floof.
46E8AF0D-78F4-4DD4-9F6F-8091A8AABC25.jpeg

I don’t feel guilty at all for eating someone’s supper.
5ABDB79D-3DCF-47B8-AE44-7E93D8F6435A.jpeg

I get the distinct feeling that someone is behind me.
40B6C4B2-8C5D-4D3D-AB52-F239E1000A67.jpeg

Or maybe outside?
839B86F6-158B-4D02-8332-6B6F8B19EF8C.jpeg

Uh oh! Floof tail in order! Now the back and stand on tippy toes!
949337DD-4A12-48DA-BC8A-3459CBEF77F0.jpeg

Don’t be mad kitty! I just borrowed this food!
26B8B773-3B8C-43C5-B8E1-6820173A2324.jpeg

Apology accepted?
34CD13FF-5D40-4EF8-BA43-AB02EEFE2431.jpeg

I went out a side door and when these two heard me coming they stopped arguing and took off. I haven’t seen them again yet. I’ll be watching for them but right now I need them to steer clear of the cat room. I did put some food in another place for them. Beautiful Ginger Floof and sweet faced Tabby!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you feed them, they will come! Early this morning, a cat was in the cat room. Not Thrasher though. Bonjure first alerted me so I looked at the camera. I was followed! The kitty from
the swamp. Maybe he is actually a red fox! Lol

Hmmm. I am welcomed by the aroma of catnip and chicken!
View attachment 374301
Is anyone here?
View attachment 374302
An empty house?
View attachment 374303
Then perhaps I can do what Goldilocks did and sample the porridge.
View attachment 374304
No one is outside either?
View attachment 374305
Better double check.
View attachment 374306

This meal with a view is great!
View attachment 374307
Not a bad place!
View attachment 374308
It almost looks like it’s made for a nice Ginger Floof.
View attachment 374309
I don’t feel guilty at all for eating someone’s supper.
View attachment 374310
I get the distinct feeling that someone is behind me.
View attachment 374311
Or maybe outside?
View attachment 374312
Uh oh! Floof tail in order! Now the back and stand on tippy toes!
View attachment 374313
Don’t be mad kitty! I just borrowed this food!
View attachment 374314
Apology accepted?
View attachment 374315
I went out a side door and when these two heard me coming they stopped arguing and took off. I haven’t seen them again yet. I’ll be watching for them but right now I need them to steer clear of the cat room. I did put some food in another place for them. Beautiful Ginger Floof and sweet faced Tabby!
They are gorgeous. Praying they have guardians, but if they do, they're not good ones for letting them out:sigh:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called out to Thrasher and all the kitties over the microphone
You're really good at this, with all the supplies. All I did when Demi went missing was shake a plate of kibble and tell him to get his cute little butt home. What is the microphone for exactly? So Thrasher can hear your voice better? :hugs:

When you sing harmony but a voice is missing, everything sounds different.
So true! We need all the voices. 🤝

We had sun today so maybe when things dry out......
Hmmm....Is it a bad time for a life metaphor? Cause that's a great one, would hate to waste it. ;)

perhaps I can do what Goldilocks did and sample the porridge.
Oh, I love this story. I wish I was there to hug little Golden Locks and his tabby friend. 😍

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose Thank you so much! I just heard from my friend! Alive and had a titanium rod put in. Sounding weak but still with us. Considering they just survived Covid too, I think they are amazing.
So happy to hear this news about your friend. I was wondering. Sending prayers, hugs, and good thoughts your way. Stay strong and don't lose heart. I have been through this myself and it can be emotionally draining. I know what you are going through. Thrasher knows she has a good life with you. May she get homesick and come home safe and sound. All the best to you and the Clowder. :alright: :heartshape: :catlove:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boris Diamond Boris Diamond Thank you! I hope my little bird flies back to us. I miss watching her flip her toys around like she did when she played with leaves as a kitten.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 They are beautiful. I don’t know if they have guardians but the floof looks healthy.I didn’t get a really good look at the other one. I will be watching and if I see them more, I will go on another

M maggiedemi It took time to acquire the things that help to hunt kitties but truthfully, eyes, ears and patience work best. The microphone is so that I can let her hear me without being scared by noises like opening doors, stepping on beaches that snap or anything else that would scare her before she knows it’s me. I just hope something works.
It’s never a bad time for a life metaphor.
I hope I find that the fox cat was just being wily when he came to snitch some unattended treats. He didn’t get a chance to try out all the beds to see if one was too soft, one was too hard or one was just right.;)

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you. My friend is doing well, all things considered.
I haven’t lost heart. I know because I feel it more than ever. Homesick! That’s just what I hope and that it directs her right back into my arms.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 It’s a very good post! Thank you Universe is right! It’s always a great feeling when we get to post a positive.
I’m going to be greedy though and ask for more from the Universe. Thrasher back in our nest.

Man Discovers Cat Gave Birth to 4 Kittens in Bird's Nest in Ireland

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Boris Diamond Boris Diamond Thank you! I hope my little bird flies back to us. I miss watching her flip her toys around like she did when she played with leaves as a kitten.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 They are beautiful. I don’t know if they have guardians but the floof looks healthy.I didn’t get a really good look at the other one. I will be watching and if I see them more, I will go on another

M maggiedemi It took time to acquire the things that help to hunt kitties but truthfully, eyes, ears and patience work best. The microphone is so that I can let her hear me without being scared by noises like opening doors, stepping on beaches that snap or anything else that would scare her before she knows it’s me. I just hope something works.
It’s never a bad time for a life metaphor.
I hope I find that the fox cat was just being wily when he came to snitch some unattended treats. He didn’t get a chance to try out all the beds to see if one was too soft, one was too hard or one was just right.;)

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you. My friend is doing well, all things considered.
I haven’t lost heart. I know because I feel it more than ever. Homesick! That’s just what I hope and that it directs her right back into my arms.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 It’s a very good post! Thank you Universe is right! It’s always a great feeling when we get to post a positive.
I’m going to be greedy though and ask for more from the Universe. Thrasher back in our nest.

Man Discovers Cat Gave Birth to 4 Kittens in Bird's Nest in Ireland
:redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: this story. Wow, I hope this doesn't become a new trend. Will have to start climbing trees to rescue kitties.😉 Thrasher will return when she decides she has had enough adventures. Come home Thrasher. You are missed by all.:lovecat::lovecat::lovecat:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , I think those cats can tell how kind you are and how much you love cats, which is why they followed you home. I truly think cats know who they can trust, and they have every reason to trust you! I pray Thrasher remembers the trust that she has with you and comes home very soon.

That’s fantastic news about your friend. I’m continuing to pray for a speedy, full recovery for her 🙏

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Thank you. I do love them all. I have learned to tread quietly when walking in their world. I hope Thrasher remembers too.

I’ve been wondering if an outside shelter would help. Somewhere she can get up without a lot of jumping and have a safe place to go that I can put attached to the house. Maybe a second one near where I have thought she might be. If I could build a tunnel out a window, then BJ could be in there to lead her inside. The tunnel is something I can figure out. It would have to be closed with BJ not able to get into the shelter until outside doors to it were closed. This is something I need to do quickly so looking at kits. Does anyone have any ideas about a good catio kit? tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ? Bj is frantic to find her and I think that I could put something by the cat room or even on my front porch. Time will count so a kit is needed. I can’t be making tons of noise either. No saws. No sign of her last night or this morning but BJ seems to be picking up her scent.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bj is frantic to find her and I think that I could put something by the cat room or even on my front porch. Time will count so a kit is needed. I can’t be making tons of noise either. No saws. No sign of her last night or this morning but BJ seems to be picking up her scent.
Is this new, that he seems to be picking up her scent?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Thank you. I do love them all. I have learned to tread quietly when walking in their world. I hope Thrasher remembers too.

I’ve been wondering if an outside shelter would help. Somewhere she can get up without a lot of jumping and have a safe place to go that I can put attached to the house. Maybe a second one near where I have thought she might be. If I could build a tunnel out a window, then BJ could be in there to lead her inside. The tunnel is something I can figure out. It would have to be closed with BJ not able to get into the shelter until outside doors to it were closed. This is something I need to do quickly so looking at kits. Does anyone have any ideas about a good catio kit? tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ? Bj is frantic to find her and I think that I could put something by the cat room or even on my front porch. Time will count so a kit is needed. I can’t be making tons of noise either. No saws. No sign of her last night or this morning but BJ seems to be picking up her scent.
If you search "cat window boxes" you'll find multiple listings. This site has this link which is pretty helpful IMHO:
Window Catios / Cat Window Boxes - Catio World
There are links to prefab and build-it-yourself units of varying sizes. The main page of the site has links to catios of various types and budgets. Amazon has lots. I'm not a fan of amazon but...since time is of the essence...Walmart and Wayfair also list as having window boxes for cats.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I don’t know for sure if it is her scent or him being protective but he definitely knows something. He is our guardian here.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you. Going to start the researching.
Let me know if you want me to continue picking links I think would be of greatest interest. And I don't think it would help in this case, but as I've shared catioshowcase.com before on TCS, I thought I would mention it again. Walmart, Wayfair, and Chewy all list as offering Kittywalk systems, which are prefab but may be too flimsy for your needs.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama I don’t know for sure if it is her scent or him being protective but he definitely knows something. He is our guardian here.
He is the guardian, and I hope he does sense she's nearby, and that either you find her, or she comes home on her own soon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He didn’t get a chance to try out all the beds to see if one was too soft, one was too hard or one was just right.
Awww, now that's a kitty story I would love to see play out in real life. 🛏

I did the same. Another one of my begging, pleading, raised hands prayers. Hope it works, you deserve a miracle. 🙌

I have rescued a black kitten from a nest when I was young. Named her Raven.
I love that you named her Raven. :hugs:

I have learned to tread quietly when walking in their world.
Another life metaphor? Walk kindly & quietly through the world? ;)

I don’t know for sure if it is her scent or him being protective but he definitely knows something. He is our guardian here.
Would BJ let you take him out on the leash to look for Thrasher? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.