I've been adopted again! Kind of long,(sorry) & picts! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What a lovely girl, I am so glad you were able to find a solution that let her stay with you. Angel brought her to you for a reason. 
Thank you. I agree!  I think it's just a matter of nothing else has been said. Maybe he was in a bad mood that day! Whatever it was, I am SO thankful it has remained quiet!  

I am also extremely grateful for all of my friends here who prayed on it with me!! 

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sammy looks so happy! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Lana!
Funny that picture with her tung out was the last one
I posted, because I was just cracking up.
She ate some of her dinner, & wanted to go back out. I usually always give her a kiss before I let her out, so standing behind her, I lifted her little head back with my hand under her chin, so I could kiss her head, & her tung was just sticking out a little. I didn't expect to see that, & was so darn cute, I just started cracking up.
I'm sure she was thinking, "whats so funny mamma?" [emoji]128516[/emoji]

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, yesterday, this I sent my sister & a couple of friends this text;

"Happy Valentine's Day, to all my Aunties!" [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]
"Mom put this stupid ribbon on my head, ( but only for the picture, thank goodness!) What are we gonna do with her?
I mean, really?! Oh well, I guess it's OK, I know she loves me a lot."
:lol3:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL that first pic, someone is not impressed with the bow 
  Hahahah, YEP! You got it!!   She must've been thinking, "Really?!  This mommy,...I tell ya!"   

I just couldn't help myself!  

LOL! Thanks you guys!  As Eric said, Nope, she was NOT impressed!  

• Margd

• mazie  
    "She looks soo cute!! Just like a little valentine."
  •  

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has a beautiful coat, I see she has a red undertone just like my little guy. I really notice it in the sunlight

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Angels Mommy!!!

I'm so glad that sweet Sammy is in your care.  This is terrific to see her enjoying her new home and your company.  I agree with the others.  The red hue's are gorgeous against the black.

Best to you both always.  Hope

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Angels Mommy!!!

I'm so glad that sweet Sammy is in your care.  This is terrific to see her enjoying her new home and your company.  I agree with the others.  The red hue's are gorgeous against the black.

Best to you both always.  Hope

Aww, thanks Hope! :)
She's a sweetie. Sassy, but sweet!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly, I was wondering if Sammy has changed personality wise since you had her? 

Hi Eric,
Umm, had to think about that one. I don't think so.
I think we have just gotten to know each other better.
She has learned to trust me, etc.. gives love ...On her terms of course, but I can usually talk sweet to her, asking "who's a sweet girl, who's mammas baby?" And she will lift her head up, or back to me for kisses. She has finally started blinking back.
I think we had our first "blink off" as I call them w/ each other last night. :lol3: talking soft, & sweet to her the whole time.
Lots of slow blinks back & forth. :)
She definitely says "noooo" in her little sassy voice. I think that's the only word she knows. Lol! At least Angel also said, " maah"
...And I'd say, now put two of those together, & you'll be saying mamma! :lol3:
She's not as passage as Angel was. I've tried to do a nail trim, & she is having a fit before I even touch her. I just wanted to trim the bery tips a little so she doesn't snag when kneeding, or snag my clothes. I still want her to have defence, since she goes outside.
She loves outside. She usually only stays out & about for a couple of hrs or so, at the most. She is usually up on the porch waiting for me when I get home from work in the afternoons.
She stays up here a lot & just naps in her bed out there.
I always make sure she is in by sunset, so she's not out after dark. That's going to get harder when it stays light out longer.
Hopefully she is learning that sunset means it's time to come in, by association. She is usually ready for dinner around 4:00, (breakfast is usually around 7). It's not been getting dark now until about ten till 6:00, so she has had time to go back out after dinner. (While when it was dark earlier, she was in for the night when she came in to eat). She usually stays in her bed napping after dinner, so I bring her in when it's time. She did scare me on Valentine's night. She had left the porch, & hadn't come back yet, & it was getting dark. She finally came up at about 7:20, so I was glad for that. I'd been praying she'd come home soon.
So, will have to see how it goes as the days get longer. She will definitely not be out after dark, so like I said, hopefully she is associating sunset w/ time to come in. "Fingers crossed, prayers up" as I like to say! :)

Oh, I finally made her dental appointment. It's for this Wednesday the 22nd. I will have to use care credit to make the difference of what wasn't raised, but glad it will help some.
I just wanted to make sure I got in for dental month for the 10℅ discount. It will also be time for another advantage multi that day, & having an extraction, not sure, was trying to remember, ( when Angel did) but will probably have an antibiotic too.
So, say prayers for her on Wednesday. Poor baby will not understand why she isn't getting breakfast, & why she can't go out. Praying she doesn't pee in the car because of that.
I may try to take her out on the harness, but don't kow, it didn't go well last time I tried, & don't know if she'd pee for me.
I did pick up some Rescue Remedy for her yesterday, I think we're both gonna need it! [emoji]128539[/emoji]

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly, I hope you are well. How is our little Sammy doing? Has she been going outside lately? I would think with the nasty weather we have been having lately she would be happy not going out. BTW did she get the dental work done?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi Kelly, I hope you are well. How is our little Sammy doing? Has she been going outside lately? I would think with the nasty weather we have been having lately she would be happy not going out. BTW did she get the dental work done?
Hi Eric, Yes, Sammie had her cleaning & extraction. I thought I had posted on here, but I guess I only posted on the new kitty needs dental work thread. Anyway, she did fine.

No problems. Follow up was 2 wks later, & all was good. 

Yes, with the cooler weather you would think she would want to stay in more, but that little girl loves to go outside. Of course it's not as cold here as in other areas right now, but we did have a cold snap, & I think the last of it is tonight, going down to 28.  Last sunday I awoke to it snowing!  So of course I made her stay in. She didn't like it, but I tried to give her more playtime , & she did settle down a little. It finally stopped at 3:00, & stopped raining at 4:00, it had been doing both. So she finally got to go out after 4:00 for a little while. She didn't use the litter box all day! I guess she really doesn't like to unless she HAS to.... Little stinker! 

As long as she stays in the sun, she stays pretty warm. She likes to go out so much, that when it was raining the other day, she insisted on going out. She kept meowing & pawing at the glass door, so after enough of that, & it slowing down a bit, I said fine, if you want to that bad!  Well, she just sat in front of the door by the railing, looking out at the rain. My mom said she just wants to know she can still go out. When I keep her in, you'd think she thinks I'm holding her prisoner!  She's snoozing up on her tree now, after some dinner. Nope, now she just came & jumped up on the back of the couch. .......Kitties!

As for me, well, a lot has gone on this week. I hadn't been feeling great, just kind of "off." A little headachy & a couple of slight/barely dizzy spells.( maybe more light headed??)

I take meds for high B.P, so I checked it & it was on the high side for me. My norm is usually around 117/70"s.  It was running upper 120's/80's, then 135/85. Then Tuesday night, I really didn't feel well, & it was 143/92!

So after having a T.I.A (mini stroke) 12 yrs ago, It scared me a little. I called my parents, & my dad didn't like those numbers either, so he came & took me to the ER to be on the safe side, & get checked out.

They did blood work, urine, & a head CT scan, & all came back OK. so not sure why it was up so much. I hadn't been really stressing over anything. 

(Just had a friend lose his sweet kitty Mon. & had to take him out to my vet's, where she was to see her & say good-by, she was very sick. It was hard & i cried almost as much as he did, since I was just doing the same 13 months ago). I posted about it on the "what's on your mind" thread. I think it's on pg.40.

So the ER doc thought that since I was on such a low dose (25 mg. of Atenolol 1x/day) that I could double it & do 25 mg in the am, & 25 in the pm. Which is what I did because it was so high.  

So after going in around 11:00pm, I got home at 2:20.  I stayed home yesterday, but did work today, & am tired. I have a small job tomorrow, then I am done for the weekend.

I plan on resting a lot this weekend!  Lots of Netflix & hulu & napping!  

I am also waiting on my NP  that I usually see to call, to fill him in & discuss the dosage I am now doing. I left a message today, so hopefully he will call tomorrow. I tried to get in w/ him earlier when I started feeling thais way, but they were booked until almost the end of April! My apt. is April 28!  ....Crazy!!  (but it's the only place I know that works on a slide scale).  

Anyway, I am doing a little better, but still a little off & not feeling 100%, & tired.  So I am interested to see how I will continue to feel on this dosage, or if he will want to try another med. We tried another one once, & was so long ago, I don't remember why it was, but for some reason, I didn't like it, so went back to the Atenolol, since I had been on it for years before. 

So, please keep me in your prayers. It is no fun feeling like this, not very "clear" or just "off".

(Thanks for listening!) 

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, I hope you get to the bottom of what is going on.  Thanks for the Sammy update

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Eric! I feel much better today. Pretty good actually! Must have just took the new dosage of my b.p. meds a few days to regulate. Hopefully, I will keep feeling this way.
I actually came home & did some cleaning while listening to music!

Last edited: