I've been adopted again! Kind of long,(sorry) & picts! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! @dustydiamond1 ! Can't believe I'm 48 now! Time is flying!!
:lol: Yeah, I call that her little bikini patch. LOL!
She was just so funny that day. The more I talked to her in that voice asking her if she was play, play'n. Telling her she was a silly girl, she just rolled around more, like yes I IS a silly girl! :lol::kneading:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also thought I'd show you guys a great birthday gift I received.
Saturday, I went to a movie & dinner with a friend of mine. She surprised me with a really nice
painting of Sammie on a 8x8 canvas! She had a local pet artist she knows, paint it from a picture
I had sent her of Sammie! I was really touched!
Here it is, she did a really good job. Looks just like her!
IMG_20170820_103629983.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow. That is gorgeous. I love the orange background. Sammie is a Halloween poster girl.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Thanks. It's actually more of a yellowish color, then on the left side it looks a little more toward orange. I guess it's the lighting. I didn't have any wall space to put it on the living room, so until I figure it out, I just put it up on the shelf above the TV. I have little white lights tacked up underneath the the top in there, so it's lit at night. I also have a strand going down each side of the side shelves. I threaded them through speaker holes cut in BK of the top shelf. Otherwise, it's just too dark, & you can't see anything on any of the shelves at night.
IMG_20170820_183249509.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lovely spot for it. And, yes, it does look more yellow in that shot.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, so I got some new pictures of Sammie a couple of weekends ago.
She was out playing, having a good time, rolling around. I'd say to her, "are you playing?" ..and she'd roll around, then I'd say it again, & she'd roll some more. She was having fun, & I love the look of joy & bliss on her face!

"WhooHoo!"
IMG_20170812_124914080_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170812_124818059.jpg

"Peek-A-Boo!"
IMG_20170812_124906994.jpg

"Oh, Hi Mommy, You still take'n pictures?"
IMG_20170812_124808434.jpg

IMG_20170812_124806097.jpg

........AND THAT'S MY GOOFY GIRL!! :lol:
This Labor day weekend will be her gotcha "day." Hard to believe it's been a year ago already, since she showed up on my porch & I called her my little porch panther. LOL!
:think: Hmmm, or should I say, It's my gotcha day! :lol: (It was the same w/ Angel). Must be my porch being up high.
I will say this, This neighborhood has "given" me two good kitties. :lovecat2::bigeyes:
(Funny, both were 5 when they came as well, as the vet's best guess for age).
Neither one are, or were counter surfers, don't jump up on tables, etc.... I even remember when Sammie first stayed the night with me. When I went to bed, she sat in the doorway, as If asking or waiting on permission to come in. As soon as I patted the bed, & said, "come on, you can come up." she did. :) :bigeyes:
I never expected just 7 months after losing Angel I would have a new baby again, but I'm glad she came & choose me.
She's sweet & sassy, that's for sure!

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweetheart that little girl is. :redheartpump: Those are wonderful photos of her - they capture perfectly her happiness while rolling around in the grass. Cat playing in leaves.gif

It's interesting how after Angel passed away you had a part-time kitty for awhile, just enough to take the edge off the lonliness of a home without Angel. :catrub: Then, when you were ready, along came Sammie.​

Black cat leaves tracks.gif

It's odd how these things work out. Heh. What will you do if the universe decides you are ready for another cat? Your porch seems to have a good reputation on the feline grapevine. :lol:

animated-cat-image-0110.gif

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! "Her roal sassiness" is lounging & baithing out on the porch right now. :lol:

@mardg, LOL! Yes, that does seem to be the case. Yes, I haven't seen "miss calico" in a long time.
I finally got to meet "her humans" when some neighbors were out watching the eclipse. I asked where she had been because I hadn't seen her, & she said they try to keep her inside. So that's good! I was glad to hear that, & that she's ok. I'd love to see & speak to her again, & maybe get her email to send her some pictures I have of her here playing, and share with her how she helped me through that time. :)

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a sweetheart that little girl is. :redheartpump: Those are wonderful photos of her - they capture perfectly her happiness while rolling around in the grass. View attachment 194438

It's interesting how after Angel passed away you had a part-time kitty for awhile, just enough to take the edge off the lonliness of a home without Angel. :catrub: Then, when you were ready, along came Sammie.​

It's odd how these things work out. Heh. What will you do if the universe decides you are ready for another cat? Your porch seems to have a good reputation on the feline grapevine. :lol:

I've had the feeling for a long time that Miss Calico will become Kelly's (angels momny) cat. Angel introduced her to his mom, but brought Sammie to her because she had no home, whereas Miss Calico does. But we don't know what the future holds, so I wouldn't be surprised if Angel decides his mom needs another little girl, and brings Miss Calico to her permanently

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but that will not be happening.
I finally met her owners, & asked where she'd been, & they said they try to keep her inside, so that's good. Besides, I can barely afford one! Plus, the one time she came up on the porch when Sammie was there, she saw her & chased her off!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things indeed do, happen for a reason!;) Thanks for sharing the latest pics on that happy girl!:bigeyes:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Eric!
Really stressing out about the storm out there right now. Praying we don't get it.
I'm in an old house, & if the storm stays as strong as it is now, I don't know if this house would make it. I don't know what I'd do, where I'd go having Sammie. The fact that she does go out will make it even harder. IF we had to go anywhere else, don't know where, ..she'd have to stay inside. She's already been meowing at me all day to go out, even though it's raining!
Please pray our home will be safe!
If it's bad, we will go to my parents, who are in a brick house, but really don't want to have to do that. It would really be hard on Sammie. But just want a home to come back to if it's bad. I'm so full of anxiety right now!!!