I've been adopted again! Kind of long,(sorry) & picts! :)

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, old houses are more often stronger than newer ones. They used real 2x4's and overbuilt them. I am certain your house will be ok. Midi and I will say a prayer for you and Sammie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Eric! I appreciate that!
Well, not so sure about this one.
It was condemed & had to be brought up to code yrs ago when my landlord did it.
Not certain, but think it was maybe built in the 50's?? Also, my landlord doesn't do any maintenance he doesn't have to. I've had a drip from the ceiling before, & caucked it myself! Told him about it, so hopefully he had the roof checked there. It has been a very rainy summer, & has been ok so far, so as I like to say, " fingers crossed, prayers up!"
If we do get it & it stays a category 3 or less, we will probably be fine & stay here. But if it's a 4, I think we need to leave.
Thanks again!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Eric! I appreciate that!
Well, not so sure about this one.
It was condemed & had to be brought up to code yrs ago when my landlord did it.
Not certain, but think it was maybe built in the 50's?? Also, my landlord doesn't do any maintenance he doesn't have to. I've had a drip from the ceiling before, & caucked it myself! Told him about it, so hopefully he had the roof checked there. It has been a very rainy summer, & has been ok so far, so as I like to say, " fingers crossed, prayers up!"
If we do get it & it stays a category 3 or less, we will probably be fine & stay here. But if it's a 4, I think we need to leave.
Thanks again!
You should be OK. This is the current 5 day tracker. It's headed that way but is supposed to be a cat. 1 by then

:hugs: Hang in there. It's going to be OK. Hopefully it will downgrade before it gets here. We're supposed to get it as a 3 but I will take that over a 4 any day. :crossfingers:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 , Thank you so much! I've been watching the weather, but that does make me feel better! I was also worried because I remember about 3 (?) Yrs ago, I saw about 3 termites on a wall above the lamp & freaked out! Told my landlord, & he sprayed outside around & I think under the house. ( It's on about a 2 ft brick base, but has crawl space underneath. Haven't seen them since, but was cutting some overgrowing plants at the base of my stairs ( cement) & when I pulled it up, saw a bunch!! Sammie was outside, so I came in & sprayed the Ortho home defense all around baseboards, etc.. freaked me out!
So, who knows what's in the walls of this old place! :dunno:
I have just been constantly praying!!
It would be bad if something happened & I had to live elsewhere with Sammie, who would have to be confined to a bedroom if I weren't there.:(:headshake: she'd drive my parents crazy meowing to get out!
I'm just continuing to pray for & over this house!!
Thanks for the support! I'm trying not to stress too much, but is hard when you see what's happened around, & could happen.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I promise you that if the weather is bad, Sammie is NOT going to want to go out!! Animals are not fools. They know when the weather is bad, and all they want when that happens is to be inside, I promise you. Katy loves to go outside as well, but NEVER in bad weather, so relax. :alright:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks mazie, last I saw, we are not even in the cone of the storm, so that's a relief! Hopefully, it will stay that way. I do feel a little better today. I took a video of my place, items, etc.. & pictures, as well as pictures of invoices, or manuals. For my renter's insurance. (Like my sister told me to do. She used to be my agent). So I feel better that that's done. Also got groceries today, & cleaned a little, so I had a busy day off!
As for Sammie, Last year when we had bad weather from the Matthew storm, she had to stay in for 2 days, & did paw & meow at the door, almost the whole time. I guess it's the first time someone has actually made her stay inside when she didn't want to be.
..Weird, she's been whining at the door off & on this WK, after I have brought her in for the night. Now that the sun sets around 7:30, I bring her in by 6:30-7, so I think she's not liking the "new cerfew." She better get used to it, because it's only going to keep getting earlier!
Here's pictures of the house I took today.
...and one of "miss sassy butt!"
IMG_20170907_175448886_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170907_175415763_HDR.jpg

I'm upstairs. There's another apt. Downstairs.
IMG_20170907_175515248.jpg

Last edited:

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your screened porch have a door on it so you can close her in when you need to?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your screened porch have a door on it so you can close her in when you need to?
Oh, my porch isn't screened in. That's just an old bamboo shade I hung out there last year, because the afternoon sun
comes from that direction, and really heats up the porch. This way there is shade for Sammie, when she's out there.
I wish it was screened in, but even if I could afford to do it, my landlord would never go for it, because I would have to add a door, & "technically" that means it's "another room," & would require a permit to do, & that isn't going to happen.

*Oh, just a note; I will not have my computer tomorrow, maybe longer. Someone is going to be working on it, trying to figure some things out. I try to check email from my phone, but sometimes it doesn't connect, or load new mail.
So If anyone post & I don't respond, I'm not ignoring you, I promise.
:)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Eric,
We are doing well. I hope you & Midi are too!
I am very thankful that the storm didn't come this way!! The weekend was really nice, then yesterday we had strong winds, so I brought in all of my wind chimes, & things on the porch in, .. just in case. They said we'd have 25 - 35 mile per hr winds, occasionally up to 50. I don't think they ever got that high, but definitely in the 25-35 mile range at times.
This morning it was pouring sheets of rain!
Sammie woke me up, coming up on the bed around 5:45 & it was raining then, & didn't stop until almost 10:00am. The sun peeked out early afternoon, but more rain was supposed to come between 12 & 2:00, but then clearing, so kept Sammie in until 2:00. So she was inside for almost 2 days. She didn't do too bad. I only had to use a calming treat once. She'd Finally chill out & go sleep, ( or pout, lol) under the bed for a while.
It was supposed to be 100% rain all day today, so I did today's clients house, yesterday, so I was glad I didn't have to go out in that rain this morning! Although, I worked more today at home, than any job.
I put the porch back together, did 4 loads of laundry, vacuumed, & mopped!

Here's Sammie when she finally got to go out. She was a good girl. She was out from 2-4:30, then she was back up on the porch sleeping. Came in for a little din, din, & back out until 6:45. Then she was in for the night, I didn't let her BK out, since sunset is around 7:20 now.
IMG_20170912_171214166_HDR.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi friends, Sorry I'v been MIA for a while. I still don't really get email notices anymore, on threads I was active on.
I've gotten very few, & that's it. Not sure why. All since the new format. As I said a little while back, things have just gotten busier for me, so I haven't really had time to hang out here....which I miss!
Anyway,
Sammie is doing well. Labor day weekend was our first "gotcha day." She had her annual last Friday.
She has maintained her 9 lbs, which is good, because I thought maybe she had gained a little.
I was walking behind her outside one day, kind of "ushering her up the stairs" because it was time to come in, & she was trotting in front of me, & I could just see her little belly swinging from side to side. :lol:
She got all 3 of her shots, & I made sure her Dr. looked at her teeth again, because despite her cleaning & 1 extraction last Feb. her breath is still stinky!! They still look ok, a little tartar was on the back teeth, so she gave me a baggie of Hills T/D for tartar, to help. I had also finally bought some greenies dental treats the week before.
Since I don't feed dry, I just give them as treats. (the Hills), or if she doesn't finish all of her dinner, I may leave a few in a dish for her overnight. They were actually too big, so she wouldn't eat them until I cut them in half.
I've try to brush her teeth, but her mouth is so small, & she doesn't like it. I have a hard time getting the brush in the sides of her cheeks. It just reminds me how easy I had it with Angel! He may not have liked some things, & whined through it, but he let me.
So, I don't do it as often as I should, because I don't want to stress her out all the time. I'm trying to at least do it once a week right now. I even tried what I did w/ Angel. First introducing some of the toothpaste on my finger for her to lick off, before even trying that w/ it on the brush, but she wants nothing to do w/ it! So I just keep trying.
I'm just happy her check up went well! ......Even though she cried/meowed the WHOLE ride there, & back!
BOTH WAYS! Lets just say mommy has a glass of wine that night!!

As for me, about 4 wks ago one of my clients told me that they would be moving for work, so they wouldn't be needing me anymore after Christmas. Things were already tight, thanks to some more dental work I had to have, so I was upset about it. Thankfully, it actually turned out to be a blessing. This summer, I discovered the site Next-door.com.
It's great. You put in your address & it tells you what "neighborhood" you are a part of, depending on how they have mapped it out. It's kind of like a neighborhood email. I love it! So I posted an add the Kelly's Cleaning had openings.
(& the client that is moving posted on hers for me as well!)
I gave some info on my business, also that all of my clients would happily refer me, & that's how I built it, etc..
YOU GUYS, let me tell you, in 24 hrs I had 6 people who were interested! Then two more w/ in a week!!! :shocked:
I couldn't believe it! I wish I'd known about that site almost 5 yrs ago when I started!!
So, now I have 2 new clients, & still have an appt. to give someone an estimate this wk.
I was able to fill both my Mondays (all clients are biweekly, except 1 once/month guy). I hadn't worked Mondays, because most people want closer to the end of the week. Now this next one I am giving an estimate to weds. just wants once/month, since it's just her, (an older lady) & is in the 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom condos I have 2 others in.
Which is fairly easy, since the guest bed & baths rarely have to be done, if not occupied.
So I am much busier, & working hard, but I feel better that things will be better financially!!
I wanted to take all I could fit in & physically do, because I don't want to ever be in that position again, if someone has to cancel. Now, once things get into a regular routine/ schedule, and I see where things are, My focus will be paying off bills! Care Credit is first on the list!!
So I just keep praying that my body will be able to keep doing this work, & try to take care of myself!

I also just had an aunt pass away less than 2 wks ago. her funeral was a week ago last Friday.
She had cancer for a least a couple of years or more. It started out in her hip, then her lungs, then a spot on her brain. They took her off chemo in August, & we knew it probably wouldn't be too long after that.
My cousin called us all the weekend before, and said she didn't think it would be much longer, for everyone to come visit now. I'm so thankful she did, so we had a chance to say good-by. I had just bought a pretty purple mum w/ yellow centers, so I stopped & got one to take her too. She was in & out, but knew we were all there.
When I said good-by I wasn't sure if it would be the last time, or if I'd see her again in hospice, so I gave her a bunch of kisses on her cheek, & told her in her ear that I loved her, & was praying for her, then kissed her on the forehead.
That was a Sunday. Monday afternoon she went to hospice, & by 7:00 that evening my mom was calling me with the news. So she didn't even spend one night there.
She was my dad's sister-in-law. My uncle passed away 5 yrs ago, as well as their sister, in the same yr.
My poor dad just kept saying he was the only sibling left. :bawling: Now my aunt on that side of the family is gone too.
I am thankful that my parents are young for their ages. My dad just turned 72 in Oct. & mom is 3 yrs younger.
They are more active than I am! They are always doing something! I posted family pictures a few yrs ago when we had that thread going, & they still look the same.

So, that's my update of what's been going on in my life! Sorry for such a long post, but wanted to catch you all up.
I miss you guys, & will hopefully find time to come hang out more again! :grouphug: Hugs all around!!!! :)

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi friends, Sorry I'v been MIA for a while. I still don't really get email notices anymore, on threads I was active on.
I've gotten very few, & that's it. Not sure why. All since the new format. As I said a little while back, things have just gotten busier for me, so I haven't really had time to hang out here....which I miss!
Anyway,
Sammie is doing well. Labor day weekend was our first "gotcha day." She had her annual last Friday.
She has maintained her 9 lbs, which is good, because I thought maybe she had gained a little.
I was walking behind her outside one day, kind of "ushering her up the stairs" because it was time to come in, & she was trotting in front of me, & I could just see her little belly swinging from side to side. :lol:
She got all 3 of her shots, & I made sure her Dr. looked at her teeth again, because despite her cleaning & 1 extraction last Feb. her breath is still stinky!! They still look ok, a little tartar was on the back teeth, so she gave me a baggie of Hills T/D for tartar, to help. I had also finally bought some greenies dental treats the week before.
Since I don't feed dry, I just give them as treats. (the Hills), or if she doesn't finish all of her dinner, I may leave a few in a dish for her overnight. They were actually too big, so she wouldn't eat them until I cut them in half.
I've try to brush her teeth, but her mouth is so small, & she doesn't like it. I have a hard time getting the brush in the sides of her cheeks. It just reminds me how easy I had it with Angel! He may not have liked some things, & whined through it, but he let me.
So, I don't do it as often as I should, because I don't want to stress her out all the time. I'm trying to at least do it once a week right now. I even tried what I did w/ Angel. First introducing some of the toothpaste on my finger for her to lick off, before even trying that w/ it on the brush, but she wants nothing to do w/ it! So I just keep trying.
I'm just happy her check up went well! ......Even though she cried/meowed the WHOLE ride there, & back!

As for me, about 4 wks ago one of my clients told me that they would be moving for work, so they wouldn't be needing me anymore after Christmas. Things were already tight, thanks to some more dental work I had to have, so I was upset about it. Thankfully, it actually turned out to be a blessing. This summer, I discovered the site Next-door.com.
It's great. You put in your address & it tells you what "neighborhood" you are a part of, depending on how they have mapped it out. It's kind of like a neighborhood email. I love it! So I posted an add the Kelly's Cleaning had openings.
I gave some info on my business, also that all of my clients would happily refer me, & that's how I built it, etc..
YOU GUYS, let me tell you, in 24 hrs I had 6 people who were interested! Then two more w/ in a week!!! :shocked:
I couldn't believe it! I wish I'd known about that site almost 5 yrs ago when I started!!
So, now I have 2 new clients, & still have an appt. to give someone an estimate this wk.
I was able to fill both my Mondays (all clients are biweekly, except 1 once/month guy). I hadn't worked Mondays, because most people want closer to the end of the week. Now this next one I am giving an estimate to weds. just wants once/month, since it's just her, (an older lady) & is in the 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom condos I have 2 others in.
Which is fairly easy, since the guest bed & baths rarely have to be done, if not occupied.
So I am much busier, & working hard, but I feel better that things will be better financially!!
I wanted to take all I could fit in & physically do, because I don't want to ever be in that position again, if someone has to cancel. Now, once things get into a regular routine/ schedule, and I see where things are, My focus will be paying off bills! Care Credit is first on the list!!
So I just keep praying that my body will be able to keep doing this work, & try to take care of myself!

I also just had an aunt pass away less than 2 wks ago. her funeral was a week ago last Friday.
She had cancer for a least a couple of years or more. It started out in her hip, then her lungs, then a spot on her brain. They took her off chemo in August, & we knew it probably wouldn't be too long after that.
My cousin called us all the weekend before, and said she didn't think it would be much longer, for everyone to come visit now. I'm so thankful she did, so we had a chance to say good-by. I had just bought a pretty purple mum w/ yellow centers, so I stopped & got one to take her too. She was in & out, but knew we were all there.
When I said good-by I wasn't sure if it would be the last time, or if I'd see her again in hospice, so I gave her a bunch of kisses on her cheek, & told her in her ear that I loved her, & was praying for her, then kissed her on the forehead.
That was a Sunday. Monday afternoon she went to hospice, & by 7:00 that evening my mom was calling me with the news. So she didn't even spend one night there.
She was my dad's sister-in-law. My uncle passed away 5 yrs ago, as well as their sister, in the same yr.
My poor dad just kept saying he was the only sibling left. :bawling: Now my aunt on that side of the family is gone too.
I am thankful that my parents are young for their ages. My dad just turned 72 in Oct. & mom is 3 yrs younger.
They are more active than I am! They are always doing something! I posted family pictures a few yrs ago when we had that thread going, & they still look the same.

So, that's my update of what's been going on in my life! Sorry for such a long post, but wanted to catch you all up.
I miss you guys, & will hopefully find time to come hang out more again! :grouphug: Hugs all around!!!! :)

:wave3: Glad things are going so well for you and Sammie, I'm having problems getting alerts too. So sorry to hear of the sadness in your family, a blessing you got to say goodbye. Take care.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the update, Kelly. I've wondered how things were going for you and Sammie so often! It's wonderful that you've gotten so much work, especially after such a scare. I hope that extra massages (for you!) go along with all that added bending over and lifting. :crossfingers:

I think you should give yourself credit for managing to brush Sammie's teeth even once a week. I can't manage even that with Chula and Paul.:paperbag:

I'm very sorry about your aunt passing away but thankfully you were able to say goodbye. :hugs::hugs::hugs: That's so important. My sister has leukemia and will be leaving us soon and as sad as I feel, I feel so lucky to be able to say my goodbyes to her. It makes such a huge difference, both for the loved one leaving and for the loved one staying.

Changing the subject - do you have any new photos of Sammie? I'm not the only one who would love to see them!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 , Yes, It was a blessing to get to say good- by to my aunt. I'm so glad we got that chance!

DreamerRose DreamerRose , Thank you! LOL, a lot of people hare have said that. It would be nice if we all lived in the same city!

@mardg, Thank you! Yes, It is SO nice to finally have a lot of people interested. It will definitely be harder on my body!
I do have someone I trade with, & we are trying to do it on a regular basis, but I could honestly use one every week after what I'm doing! Maybe I will get one in-between at one of the massage schools. If I could find a good student, I'd make a standing appt!! I try to stretch as well, but some days, I am just almost too sore to do much more than a very little. So I take Aleve. I also want to save up for a chiropractic pkg! It will make the fee less that way.
Work isn't always too bad, depending on where I am, but it's everything else on op of it. I still have to keep my place up, do laundry, etc... Today after working, I went grocery shopping, then came home, put it all away, vacuumed, then made some spaghetti & turkey meatballs for a neighbor. She & her brother lived in the house up at the front of the driveway, & he had been sick for a while, & finally passed away a few days ago. I thought it would be nice to take a meal to her.
So I finally just sat down to relax after taking my shower & eating.
I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Yes, spend as much time with her as you can. I'm sure she appreciates you being there.
As for "Miss Sammie," yes, I do have some pictures, but they are on my phone, & i'm on the laptop, so I will have to get on w/ my phone, & post some. :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, and now I can post pictures!
This first one, ..
"Think I'll just stay in bed & munch on some grass.". :lol:
IMG_20171101_160001122_HDR.jpg

Here she was last night, zonked out in the chair.
IMG_20171105_213255234.jpg

This was this afternoon.
IMG_20171107_150818277.jpg

This was earlier this evening. She was so cute the way her little paws were on the sill Usually she is laying up there.
IMG_20171107_171019220.jpg

Today was also the 13 yr. anniversary, since I had the TIA ( mini stroke), so my mom brought me these! So pretty!
IMG_20171107_143916559.jpg

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyway,

u

Hi Kelly, I am sorry for your loss I am thankful you were able to say goodbye to your Aunt and she is not suffering anymore.

I am glad that little Sammie is doing well; and how great is that you have all those new clients just don't overdo it.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Eric,
Thanks! Yes, I know. I was a little worried about that, but I balance out my jobs a much as possible. ( & I've taken my fair share of Aleve!) I have smaller jobs on days between bigger ones, to try to even it out a bit. No way could I do 2 big houses 2 days in a row. I also am keeping every other Thurs off, because it's the day my friend can trade w/ me. This way we help each other! He works at a spa, & is very busy, so he needs it too! ( He is doing somewhere around 7 massages a day! I don't know how, but he does!)
Also, now that I have a little extra income, if I need to, I can get my niece to help me.
In fact she is going to help me these next 2 Mondays coming up. This Mon. I am starting a new clients house, so it will be an "initial clean" which is usually more than usual, but not quite a deep clean. The last time I did one of those I ended up working 5 hrs!!
SO, this time I will have help, & with the two of us, shouldn't be more than 3 hrs.
Then the following Monday I am moving my Thurs clients up, because they seem to always fall on Thanksgiving. They are one of my 2 who are in the historical houses downtown. Then I will do a smaller job that I usually do that day anyway, (after,) so my niece will help me. It gives her a chance to make some cash too.