I've been adopted again! Kind of long,(sorry) & picts! :)

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi :) happy you got a new kitty he looks like a sweet heart. Black cats are IMO one of the sweetest cats ever besides ginger kitties. I'm new here so I don't know if you know this and I'm not trying to nit pick it's just hydrangea's are poisonus to cats. I just wanted to tell you in case you didn't know. I hope your kitty takes good care of you ^-^ and I hope you both have long happy filled years together

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Opi, Thanks! Sammie is a girl.
(I originally thought she was a boy, not letting me get a good look, but after going to the vet, confirmed she's a she. )
The hydrangea is a memorial for Angel.
It sets up on top of another pot, but she doesn't eat plants anyway, so she's fine. Labor day wknd was 1 yr that she's been here, & has never bothered it. (I do have the poisionis plant list). I don't have any plants in the house either. Thanks for your concern though.
Yes, Sammie can be sweet, but I think she's more sassy! LOL! I do miss my ginger boy though! He was the sweetest!
Sorry it took a couple days to respond, I'm still not getting notifications in my email.
So frustrating!

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
No problem :). I would keep an eye out just in case cats are very curious creatures. She may not eat plants now but one day she might think to try and munch on some greenery. I once had a big black kitty Armon still living and I love him to death just lives with my mother ATM. Anyway he showed no real interest in greenery either until one day I brought a wild plant home. I was interested in botany and was studying edible wild plants in my area. I brought the wild plant to raise and see if it was one of the edible plants I was looking for. Everyday it kept looking stranger. The leaves kept disappearing and I figured it was bugs that were already on the plant when I brought it home. On like the 3rd or 4th day every leaf was gone Lol I was so puzzled. I examined the plant and then discovered the mystery. I saw the plant had been munched on by a kitty. Armon had decided to aparently have a snack Lol. I was a bit concerned for him along with angry. He never touched my bonsai but that new plant made him go rabbit. Thankfully he never got sick or anything so I unvoluntarily found out it was non toxic for cats Lol xD. So my point is just be careful Sammie might get curious.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, will do, trust me, I'm a bit of a
" hover mommy," but I don't think it will be an issue, if it hasn't by now, & it's been over a year. (& Been there the whole time, as well as brought inside for the winter). In fact, besides the cat grass I plant for her, I tried planting some cat nip as well, & she wasn't interested at all. She's not even interested in the dry stuff.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Eric, Hi! we are doing well. It's been a rainy day here today, so I've kept her in.
She spent most of the day sleeping, & I relaxed & watched some Netflix. :)

I loved the pictures of your new boys & Midi! :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol: Hi Eric! Yes, we are both doing fine. Just working a lot. My schedule has finally filled up. :thumbsup:
Here are some pictures of Sammie. :dancingblackcat:
As you can see, she's not missing any beauty sleep! LOL!
IMG_20180414_153937400.jpg

IMG_20180304_172639269_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180323_223815.jpg

This was her "playing peek-a-boo" with a squirrel.
IMG_20180405_091637876.jpg

IMG_20180405_091650269.jpg

IMG_20180405_091653034_HDR.jpg

And a rare moment she sat with me...as long as she's getting scritchies that is!
IMG_20180403_121223006.jpg

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the beauty sleep is certainly effective, what a beautiful girl
:blush: Awww, thanks. She is a little cutie.
I do try to brush her at least every other day, if not every day. She doesn't love it like Angel did, but she'll tollerate it for a little while.
I'm especially trying to do it more now that she's really shedding her winter coat. I got 3 brush fulls yesterday! Probably would've gotten more, but her patience was running out! :bigeyes:

I was out doing a little gardening this morning, prepping to plant next weekend, if the weather is good, & got this shot of her.
IMG_20180422_110020084.jpg

Then later, I had this little visitor.
"Have you any more almond's me lady?" :lol:
IMG_20180422_111927810.jpg

IMG_20180422_112006846.jpg