I've been adopted again! Kind of long,(sorry) & picts! :)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Honeybee did that once. She came in with eye totally shut. I had some triple antibiotic left over so squeezed some in her eye-went to work=had Jon take Honeybee to vet=by the time her noontime appointment=her eye was all better!! they found no scratches and nothing else wrong. so I think she scratched her head and got her eye...saline wash works good and if you have kitty eye ointment you can put a bit in there for overnight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Honeybee did that once. She came in with eye totally shut. I had some triple antibiotic left over so squeezed some in her eye-went to work=had Jon take Honeybee to vet=by the time her noontime appointment=her eye was all better!! they found no scratches and nothing else wrong. so I think she scratched her head and got her eye...saline wash works good and if you have kitty eye ointment you can put a bit in there for overnight.
Yes, I am glad I have the saline on hand now. I haven't had any eye drops in years!  I used to always have some Neo Poly drops for Angel, but after the first two years he never needed them again. (the last 4 yrs).

After being on lysine for years, that did the trick!   So people can say lysine doesn't work if they want, but I know it does!!! I saw proof many times, & after staying on it everyday he never needed eye drops again!!  

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is true. Pumps hasn't had another eye infection either. They are dry but no puffiness. I wipe them with a damn papertowel every morning as part of our pilling routine which she HATES. She is wonderful with pillig and opening her mouth but wiping her eyes makes her ticked off something fierce!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww she is adorable 

Thanks! Yep, I call her my little munchkin! :lol3:
Even though she's technically not a munchkin, I was so used to Angel being so long, & tall. Her little legs are so short, so she's my little munchkin cutie! [emoji]128157[/emoji]

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why our cats have reward birds and ones to actually chase. We let them chase da bird and run around. Then when they're done and just want to chew on one, we give them one of the old birds that has already been shredded by their play. Supervised of course, but them they have something to chew and lick. 

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sammy is so lucky she found you for a mommy.  Love the white patch of fur on her belly.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sammy is so lucky she found you for a mommy.  Love the white patch of fur on her belly.  
Aww, Thank you!  She's a sweet girl, but definitely a sassy one too!! She's not as tolerant of me doing things to her as Angel was.  She still goes outside too, (I made sure to get her microchipped!) 

so I don't cut her nails, but just wanted to try & trim a tiny, tiny bit, just barely the tips, because of when she kneads, especially on my bed!  I don't want my comforter torn up, so I put one of those thin throws down, on the side she sleeps on, but I still worry about them going through. I can hear them snagging. 

I've managed to get 2-3 of just the tips off in the past, but tried yesterday, & she would not let me at all!! I stopped before she got me!   

I also have tried brushing her teeth, because when I took her for her boosters, had them check her teeth, because she has stinky breath, & she needs a cleaning & an extraction, so I'm trying to fundraise for that. But she doesn't really like me doing that either. I haven't tried the kit I used to get Angel at Pet Supermarket that's malt flavor. He liked that one. Maybe she will too. I was just trying a pet one I saw at Home Goods on sale, so thought it was worth a try anyway....

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good luck with Sammy's nails.  My Ruby also hates getting her nails trimmed. So I feel your pain, literally, when those sharp tips make contact with human skin.

And I can't even imagine trying to brush Ruby's teeth! I fear blood would be shed, and it wouldn't be hers.   

Ruby's not a terror, btw.  She just hates being picked up or restrained. She's the sweetest lap cat though and whenever I sit on the sofa, she's curled up on my lap a minute later. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee doesn't tolerate nail clippings either. The vet does it and she shakes and looks scared. but if I do it she growls and bites me. I can do like one claw. I try to wait until she is sleeping and sneak in but I only get 2 done..so I guess I can do it this way but she goes outside so I like her to stay sharp so she can defend herself.

Suprisingly she allows me mess around with her mouth. I can open it and peek inside. but not for long. She allows me to run my finger around her gums too. but not for long. she growls first then tries to bite me. but I do it with treats. The vet can do anything to her but the groomer forget it-she turns into SHEDEVIL cat!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Honeybee doesn't tolerate nail clippings either. The vet does it and she shakes and looks scared. but if I do it she growls and bites me. I can do like one claw. I try to wait until she is sleeping and sneak in but I only get 2 done..so I guess I can do it this way but she goes outside so I like her to stay sharp so she can defend herself.

Suprisingly she allows me mess around with her mouth. I can open it and peek inside. but not for long. She allows me to run my finger around her gums too. but not for long. she growls first then tries to bite me. but I do it with treats. The vet can do anything to her but the groomer forget it-she turns into SHEDEVIL cat!
Isn't it interesting that their owners can have a bugger of a time getting things done on their cats, ie. nails clipped, but the vet can do anything they want and they will stand there ever so docile. 
  Go figure!

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, Yea, I think I will just be leaving them alone for now.
She doesn't sleep deep enough to try & sneek a clipping or two in. She'd immediately pull her paw back, if I took it to do that.
In fact, thinking back to one of the first times she came in the house, she was laying on the floor, & I just gently slid my index finger toward one of her paws, on the floor, nice & slow, & she quickly reacted & got my finger! I was like, "wow!" She was fast! I just wanted to see if she'd let me touch her paw, not even really, just make contact. Nope! She is much better now, but there's always a part of me that's Leary.
One night she surprised me. She was laying in the chair, so I keep an old blanket there now, & I was just reaching to straighten a part of it for her & she "tagged" me then too! [emoji]128558[/emoji]
I said, "heeey! Mommy was just fixing that for you, I wasn't going to take it. That was not nice young lady!"
Sooo....Maybe another time. Later, much later! [emoji]128539[/emoji]

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely girl, I am so glad you were able to find a solution that let her stay with you. Angel brought her to you for a reason.