It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been spending as much time as possible with our daughter since she came in for a visit. Last night when she got ready to go to sleep there was someone cute and furry smack in the middle of her bed. :sleepycat: I guess Carleton was making the rounds and approved of her bed.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive today makes my heart swell!

I'm working on getting Fayola more used to being held, picked up, touched. So, today, I decided to take our rehabilitation to the next level and lock her out of the bedrooms since she doesn't explore the rest of the house.

I held her in my arms but she was scared so I wrapped her in a towel which made her calm down a lot. I was then able to cut ALL of her nails. Front paws and back paws. I praised her lots for allowing me to.

She didn't struggle in the towel too much and made eye contact with me which made her feel safer. I carried her around the house in the towel and talked softly - showing her the kitchen and outside.

I figured she had enough but when I opened up the towel to get her free, she stayed in my lap and purred.

Eventually, she walked around the house with more confidence so I'm super happy!!

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I pulled up to my driveway yesterday afternoon, all four kittehs were waiting out front, guess the little varmints missed me, LOL. I shared some quality time with them last night and this morning, figured I'd stop here at the library on my way into town and post the latest pics:

IMG_5373.JPG IMG_5374.JPG IMG_5375.JPG IMG_5376.JPG IMG_5377.JPG IMG_5379.JPG IMG_5380.JPG IMG_5382.JPG IMG_5385.JPG IMG_5386.JPG

We were watching a movie titled "MIA AND THE WHITE LION" (see cub in Pic #2), I tried to get the kittehs into the flick with mixed results, though Tiger perked up and watched a few scenes, and Phoenix was startled by a loud roar once the movie cub grew older, LOL. Every morning, I make my bed neatly (a holdover habit from the Aaaaaarggghhmy), but by the time evening falls the covers are all wrinkled from cat activity... that's my story and I'm sticking to it, LOL. Got one more round of kitteh pics to post before I hit town... :yess:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Round #2 of kitteh pics:

IMG_5390.JPG IMG_5391.JPG IMG_5392.JPG IMG_5394.JPG IMG_5395.JPG IMG_5396.JPG IMG_5397.JPG IMG_5398.JPG IMG_5402.JPG IMG_5408.JPG

That Tiger sure is a handsome kitteh, and he's growing larger every day... I think he's already bigger than Crackhead, though I haven't bothered weighing or measuring them yet. He LOOKS bigger, he's such a rangy cat and his growth is phenomenal. All the kittehs like hanging out on the east side of our home to catch the morning sun... Boots sprawls on the carpet or takes a camp chair, the others roam around on the concrete slab and occasionally hop onto the view deck. Last two pics simply show my usual chair at the table, it has the best view of the Stronghold through the sliding glass doors. There's Poseidon, God of the Sea, I always put him up next to the chart of San Diego Bay, which also happens to show Coronado, the town of my birth. Military family, not rich, more's the pity... but I keep that chart on the wall to remind myself of all the good times I had sailing my Laser & Minifish, decades of good memories and party voyages, LOL. :cool2:

GOTTA RUN, I'M ON A MISSION TO PICK UP A FEW THINGS I NEED FOR WORK... LATER, IT'S A COLD BEER ON THE VIEW DECK WITH THE KITTEHS, MAYBE ANOTHER MOVIE TONIGHT FOR EASY RELAXATION. :yess:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Round #2 of kitteh pics:

View attachment 305224 View attachment 305225 View attachment 305226 View attachment 305227 View attachment 305228 View attachment 305229 View attachment 305230 View attachment 305231 View attachment 305232 View attachment 305233

That Tiger sure is a handsome kitteh, and he's growing larger every day... I think he's already bigger than Crackhead, though I haven't bothered weighing or measuring them yet. He LOOKS bigger, he's such a rangy cat and his growth is phenomenal. All the kittehs like hanging out on the east side of our home to catch the morning sun... Boots sprawls on the carpet or takes a camp chair, the others roam around on the concrete slab and occasionally hop onto the view deck. Last two pics simply show my usual chair at the table, it has the best view of the Stronghold through the sliding glass doors. There's Poseidon, God of the Sea, I always put him up next to the chart of San Diego Bay, which also happens to show Coronado, the town of my birth. Military family, not rich, more's the pity... but I keep that chart on the wall to remind myself of all the good times I had sailing my Laser & Minifish, decades of good memories and party voyages, LOL. :cool2:
Don’t know who is who but that gingerish tabby had an amazing set of stripes and spots.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tiger is in the pics with my black cat Crackhead, they pal around together... Tiger also pals around with Phoenix, and he's the only cat who routinely rubs against Boots (sometimes she swats him, Boots is a bit ornery, LOL). All the cats get along, but Tiger seems to get along best with ALL the others, if you catch my drift. He's a gregarious cat, LOL... and a handsome little devil too!!! Sometimes he's a PITA, but I'm okay with it, since he's a good boy at other times. He has a wild streak which surfaces now and then, and he's amazingly fit & fast when he rockets around our home or yard.

P.S. It took awhile to get used to the home theater set up in my room, but the bed does NOT block the view of my 65" curved screen, and the leather motorized reclining sofa is supremely comfortable, LOL. I was gonna put the curved screen in the Pool Room, but the 8' table takes up a lot of space, and I couldn't get the sofa in there with it, so I put a wall-mounted 50" or 55" flatscreen in the Pool Room (can't remember the exact size, but it's large enough for watching football while shooting stick, LOL. You can see the flatscreen in the background of those Poseidon shots. I'm off to town, a few short blocks away... CHEERS!!!

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there was someone cute and furry smack in the middle of her bed
How cute! Did he sleep with her all night? :petcat:

All my bills are paid for the month!
That's always a positive! :cheerleader:

cool morning, warm fire, happy cats
That's a cozy scene! :sleepycat:

looking at several Taste Of Home side dish recipes for Thanksgiving
I love Taste of Home! I like that I don't have to buy 20 ingredients just to make a recipe.

Round #2 of kitteh pics:
Love the kitties & the curved TV, never saw one of those before. Cool. 😎

My positive is that I wore 2 shirts on my walk today and I was toasty warm. I remember my sister-in-law telling me that if you keep your heart warm, everything else will be fine. That sounds about right. ;)

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Paid my property taxes today (first half), so they're off my back... I usually pay the full amount for the year and I'm done with it, but due to my recent financial slump I'm kinda juggling bills and taxes. No worries, I'll be in the black soon enough, I'll probably pay the second half early just so I don't have to think about the issue anymore. Hard to beat the inevitable... death & taxes. The good news is that once you die, there'll be no more taxes... no more politicians either, it's a win-win situation!!! LOL. :yess:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get that about not having to drive, I'm so glad I have a short commute... no more big city traffic for this kid. Had a good day at work, found a buried box of "brushes" for the starter/generators on the golf carts, and we need these brush kits badly to fix a backlog of carts with starter/generator issues. I knocked out two brush kit swaps with relative ease, which means two more carts are up and running, with the promise of fifteen more running in the immediate future. The Big Boss and Boss #2 were both happy, which means I'm happy because I get to do my own thing and knock out all the brush kit swaps over the next week or whatever.

We're also reorganizing the shop, which is an absolute nightmare right now, a disgusting mess and the definition of total chaos... reorganization will probably take a couple of months, but at least we're getting started on it. A clean and well-organized shop is a productive shop... in the meantime, I have steady full-time work with maximum gubmint benefits, so no worries. It may be a dirty & greasy job at times, but at least it's honest dirt & grease, LOL. I must admit, I'm READY for a cold beer & a hot shower, this job may mean two showers a day on days with heaps of dirt & grease. Maybe an occasional hot bath to really soak in the suds... scrub brush in the tub area, no doubt.

P.S. I brought barn kitty MuuMuu's bed home to wash & dry it in my laundry machines, it is so dusty the poor kitty doesn't even use it. She'll be happy to see a nice clean cat bed tomorrow, LOL... might even bring a can of cat food as a treat for the sweet little girl. Y'all be good, I'm off to the ol' hacienda in short order to grab that cold beer, CHEERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.