Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by AbbysMom, Jan 1, 2019.

1. AbbysMom

AbbysMom Thread Starter At Abby's beck and call Staff Member Moderator

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    No matter how bad your day may be, there is always something beautiful happening.

Let's hear something positive going on in your life. Something as small as a good cup of coffee, a sunny day or a phone call can be a small positive in your life. Remember to keep it positive. :heartshape:

My husband just moved the pole with the bird feeders on it away from the bush. This will make it a bit harder on those pesky squirrels to eat all the seed and scare the birds away.

2. neely

neely TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    @AbbysMom My first positive post of the day is a big shout out to you for initiating this new thread on the first day of the New Year! :thanks:

Question - do the same rules apply as in the MegaPawsitive thread, e.g. posts must be a minimum of 15 words and you cannot have two consecutive posts?

3. AbbysMom

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts

4. neely

Dec 22, 2005
    Alrighty then - We are going to visit a close friend today who volunteers at an animal shelter. She has 3 cats of her own and just adopted a dog on Dec. 30. We are going to meet the new furry resident and bring toys and treats for both feline and canine. :bluepaw:

calico man, lizzie, PushPurrCatPaws and 6 others purraised this.

5. Furballsmom

Furballsmom Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    Speaking of coffee, I add cream 'n sugar to mine and sometimes there's some adjusting required to get the taste just right.
    I got it on the first "go" this morning. As mentioned, it's a little thing, but a nice way to start things off :)

6. AbbysMom

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I'm not going to lie, my coffee was pretty meh this morning, but it's a coffee my husband bought because he thought I would like it, so it's the thought that's positive. :thumbsup:

Another Cat Lady, calico man, neely and 4 others purraised this.

7. betsygee

betsygee Don't believe everything you think. Staff Member Moderator

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    I checked the mail last night and there was a refund check for a little over $200 from the hospital where hubby had his surgery last year. All the good luck foods I'd made for New Year's Eve--lentils, greens, Greek vaselopita cake, and grapes for midnight--must have worked. :lol:

8. Tobermorey

Tobermorey TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    I brought my hummingbird feeders in last night because it was supposed to drop to 23°, and the juice will freeze below about 27°. It was 26° when it started to get light this morning, but I knew the little hummers would need their energy as they came out of torpor. I could hear them as I hung the feeders in the front and back of the house (reduces territorial disputes :)), and before I made it back inside, they were at the feeders. It always puts a smile on my face to see them.

calico man, kittyluv387, neely and 5 others purraised this.

9. Graceful-Lily

Graceful-Lily TCS Member Super Cat

May 30, 2016
    Orbiting the Earth. . .
    Hill's Science finally sent the refund cheque after giving me the round around for weeks. I'm also getting GST. . . or HST, I don't know what it's called. Tax money anyway so I'll be able to pay off my visa.

neely, lizzie, foxxycat and 1 other person purraised this.

10. Furballsmom

Furballsmom Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    Oh, what a nice reminder! I was thinking about my feeders last night, --why I'm not even sure. I have weeks and weeks to go and can't put them up until April, but it was enjoyable to think about, and here you are @Tobermorey , talking about the lovely little darlings today :)

tinydestroyer, NY cat man, lizzie and 3 others purraised this.

11. sivyaleah

sivyaleah TCS Member Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    I've been home for 5 blissful, restful days. Caught up on some much needed sleep - my husband got up to feed the kitties and put up coffee every morning :hearthrob:

NY cat man, Furballsmom, neely and 3 others purraised this.

12. foxxycat

foxxycat TCS Member Top Cat

I had a restful few days with no work. Other than 4 hours yesterday but it went by fast. I'm chugging away on another puzzle...this one is a bit harder than the bird one..i just finished the sky and have to finish the driveway and rocks. Honeybee only came up once to meow at me to open the door for her...

She was back inside in 5 minutes. It's cold blustery outside. It was around 45 but the wind was whipping!

Here's the Princess Honeybee on the puzzle

20190101_121934.jpg

13. lizzie

lizzie TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 29, 2002
    missouri
    Right outside my picture window in the dining room is where my bird feeder and suet feeder are,so every morning I sit at the table and have my coffee (that my awesome hubster makes for me!)and watch my birds.And my cats...oh yes..they do too.It's a peaceful time even though they're at the window going bonkers.Doesn't seem to bother the birds,but it sure does my heart good!

calico man, Furballsmom, neely and 2 others purraised this.

14. Lari

Lari TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 18, 2017
    I'm working on a puzzle, too, but the box is hidden away in the closet because my dad told me when I was little looking at the box art is cheating. :rolleyes: it will be buffalo when it's done - a gift from my future MIL.
    20190101_204650.jpg

Tried an Italian place I hadn't been to before today, which was pretty good. So far it's a nice start to 2019.

15. jcat

jcat Mo(w)gli's can opener Staff Member Moderator

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    Our tenant's dog was frightened by more fireworks late yesterday afternoon, slipped her harness, and ran off. Luckily she was found half an hour later, cowering in a woodshed.

The good thing is that fireworks are only legal on December 31st and January 1st.

I've just had some delicious handmade oatcakes for breakfast a friend sent from Scotland.

Furballsmom, neely and artiemom purraised this.

16. AbbysMom

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I got the outside Christmas decorations down and some of the deck furniture in before the rain comes tomorrow morning.

foxxycat, NY cat man, Furballsmom and 2 others purraised this.

17. neely

Dec 22, 2005
    I'm home with another migraine but not as bad as earlier in the week. The positive in this is that Carleton has had me all to himself today and wants to play non-stop. :dizzycat:

foxxycat, NY cat man and Furballsmom purraised this.

18. kittyluv387

kittyluv387 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 10, 2015
    I slept in until 11am yesterday. Yeah it was nice lol.

19. rgwanner

rgwanner TCS Member Alpha Cat

Feb 1, 2017
    Atlanta
    I just found out that one of my foster kittens was adopted. I was not sure which adoption center she had gone to but an adoption counselor I know, knew she was mine and sent me the pic. She got a forever home for Christmas.

20. Lari

Lari TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 18, 2017
    The couple penciled in for the 2:30 slot on our wedding day has actually cancelled and chosen another venue, so we get 2:30 instead of noon after all!!!! That'll be so much better and I'm so happy about it.