It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I sat drinking my coffee this morning,I heard a rustle noise in the kitchen.My wild child Donnie had gotten out his tool belt and figured out how to get in the trash can and retrieve the red and black pull strip from a new bag of cat food.Well,we had a free for all in my house!The strip is a 2 parter,so both pieces went flying all over the downstairs and they all had so much fun...even my Mystery,who thinks she's more dignified than the rest (ha ha)went flying across the livingroom floor!Made my day!

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did someone mention shots of our 'barn kitty' at work? Well, here we go, along with shots of the golf course taken as I rolled along in my utility cart, holding the camera off to one side (some pics are lopsided, LOL).

IMG_5312.JPG IMG_5313.JPG IMG_5311.JPG IMG_5309.JPG IMG_5310.JPG IMG_5295.JPG IMG_5296.JPG IMG_5283.JPG IMG_5284.JPG IMG_5282.JPG IMG_5285.JPG IMG_5293.JPG

Wait, maybe I'd better post the course pics separately, so I don't go over the limit if there is one... back in a flash! :hyper:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to focus a lot on the bad because depression doesn't exactly put a spotlight on happy things.
Same here, but I try to find something positive to post about my day.

Coyotes don't bother people, do they?
I heard that if you feed coyotes, they lose their fear of humans, and sometimes attack them. Mostly they just stay in the woods. But they are a danger to outdoor cats unfortunately.

apple cider, and candy corn.
Sounds yummy.

shots of our 'barn kitty' at work
Awww, she's a Calico! I love her, such pretty colors. I like the pic of her sitting in the golf cart.

My positive for today is I went for my walk a bit earlier at 2pm today and it was much warmer and the wind wasn't as fierce.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, some of these shots are of fringe areas and cart trails we use in the "course of our work" (pun intended, LOL), and some are lopsided because I was watching the trail and just holding the camera off to one side, but y'all can see that it's a beautiful setting, far from any traffic, noise, etc., very peaceful & quiet which is just the way I like it. My utility cart is a forest green Yamaha electric cart, while the white "golf cars" you see are gas-powered... I like my quiet Yamaha cart, it's fast enough and it runs smoothly. Here we go:

IMG_5286.JPG IMG_5287.JPG IMG_5288.JPG IMG_5289.JPG IMG_5290.JPG IMG_5291.JPG IMG_5320.JPG IMG_5321.JPG IMG_5322.JPG IMG_5323.JPG IMG_5324.JPG IMG_5325.JPG

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@

Is your feral friendly? Can you pet him?
Yes, he is friendly. Him and the other 4 cats that showed up at my back door were all ear tipped. Two died and the other two disappeared but Tommy stayed and he now sleeps with me. I need to get him to a vet for his shots and a check up but I don't know how to get him into a carrier.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The maintenance shed and its interior, where I spend much of my day:

IMG_5292.JPG IMG_5297.JPG IMG_5298.JPG IMG_5299.JPG IMG_5300.JPG IMG_5301.JPG IMG_5302.JPG IMG_5303.JPG IMG_5304.JPG IMG_5305.JPG IMG_5306.JPG IMG_5307.JPG IMG_5308.JPG

Barn kitty could have it worse, LOL... it's not a bad place to work, the peace & quiet alone make my day, and of course I have the barn kitty to keep me company now and then (a fringe benefit). Gotta run, the library is closing on me... CHEERS!!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I put out sunflower seeds and peanuts for the squirrels this morning and the tiny red squirrel found them first. The grey squirrels bully him and he usually can’t get close to the treats but they haven’t discovered what is out and he has has been able to eat without being chased away.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally broke down and took the air conditioner out of our bedroom and put the storm window back on.I guess I have to admit it's not going to be warm enough to need it anymore.It all went without a hitch though and everything is put away til next spring.Sigh!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The maintenance shed and its interior, where I spend much of my day:

View attachment 305011 View attachment 305012 View attachment 305013 View attachment 305014 View attachment 305015 View attachment 305016 View attachment 305017 View attachment 305018 View attachment 305019 View attachment 305020 View attachment 305021 View attachment 305022 View attachment 305023

Barn kitty could have it worse, LOL... it's not a bad place to work, the peace & quiet alone make my day, and of course I have the barn kitty to keep me company now and then (a fringe benefit). Gotta run, the library is closing on me... CHEERS!!!
Spending your day in a beautiful setting, fixing broken stuff and tending to a cat. Now that is a perfect job!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found this story in MSN. YAY Denny's in Oregon!!
What a sweet boy. I would definitely go to a restaurant that had a cat. Bless those people for caring for him.

My positive for today is that I thought it would be too cold for me to take my walk. But there was no wind, so it was actually pretty warm even though it was only about 51 degrees. :thumbsup:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Made it through my first week of work at the course, and already the shop or maintenance shed looks 100% better. Had the place to myself for much of the day, so I focused on general cleanup and tossed heaps of junk we no longer need, old corroded stuff and trash just cluttering up the joint. Cleanliness and organization are the hallmarks of a well-run shop, and this crew we're putting together (myself included) are all on the same page, we're gonna streamline everything and better organize it to make the entire operation more efficient.

There was junk in that shed that had been around since dinosaurs roamed the earth... now it's in the dumpster where it belongs. Barn kitty kept me company for a couple hours this afternoon as I carried out today's mission. Now, TGIF!!! I'm so READY for a cold beer at my house, and I don't have to get up early manana so I'm gonna share quality time with the kittehs!!! Might even stay up late tonight and watch a movie, I've been going to bed early all week to adjust to my new schedule, LOL.

Y'all have a great weekend, I'm looking forward to mine even though I'll just be puttering around the house, kickin' it with the kittehs and enjoying this fantastic fall weather. Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell ya about the surprise I had yesterday morning while rolling out the trash bin: I always check the handle of the bin before I lay a hand on it, there are scorpions in this area so it pays to be observant. No scorpions this time, but as I neared the curb a big ol' tarantula dropped from the front of the bin and crawled off, LOL.

MEH, HE WASN'T POSING ANY PROBLEM SO I BADE HIM FAREWELL... WOULD'VE SNAPPED A PIC BUT I WAS ON MY WAY TO WORK. THIS IS ARIZONA, BABY, TARANTULAS ARE PART OF THE PROGRAM!!! :yess:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Finny ate raw today after sticking his nose up at it the first time I introduced it to him. He ate his and Teddy's spoonful up like no tomorrow. As long as it agreed with his tummy and there's been no vomiting since, I'm excited to add raw at least to his rotation. Teddy is gonna have to be won over.

Status
Not open for further replies.