It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
The sun is shining here in the late afternoon in Oregon. The temperature is in the 50s, the humidity is one percent, and a hawk just landed on top of the bird feeder, sending the cats into a total frenzy!

And I’ll be taking homemade cinnamon rolls out of the oven in five minutes. Anyone want one? :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The sun is shining here in the late afternoon in Oregon. The temperature is in the 50s, the humidity is one percent, and a hawk just landed on top of the bird feeder, sending the cats into a total frenzy!

And I’ll be taking homemade cinnamon rolls out of the oven in five minutes. Anyone want one? :)
Yes, please. With plenty of butter and frosting. Yum

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, please. With plenty of butter and frosting. Yum
No frosting but a cinnamon sugar topping. Help yourself, but be careful! They’re hot!

Edit: There were 12. Someone followed his nose into the kitchen and snagged one already. :yummy:
A10EAB59-5B30-4426-9C91-0E7498A2646E.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
two burly men are here tearing out my sixty year old bathroom
Awesome! I love remodeled bathrooms. :cheerleader:

It's snowing like crazy here
Snowing already?! And I thought NY was bad. :fear:

this job may mean two showers a day
I'm fanatical about my daily showers, but so far I only take one per day. :thumbsup:

I brought barn kitty MuuMuu's bed home to wash & dry it in my laundry machines
Awww, that's so kind of you to wash her bed for her. :goldstar:Are you sure her name isn't Mew Mew?

My positive is that I thought my favorite season was Summer, I never paid much attention to Fall/Autumn before. But I'm really enjoying my walks outside. I can feel the sun on my skin, but it doesn't burn me at all, and I don't have to wear sunblock. Nice. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've had a wonderful time with our daughter since she's been here for a visit but it's drawing to an end. We're supposed to get snow today into tomorrow so if her flight is cancelled my positive is that she will be here a bit longer.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Day went well, progress was made on several carts, we even had an afternoon visit from the mayor... I met him when the Big Boy steam locomotive rolled into town, so he remembered me easily enough. He was favorably impressed by the cleaning and reorganization of our maintenance shop, it was a real mess when he last saw it, LOL. The real reason for his visit was probably the upcoming golf tournament next weekend... these tournaments are good for the city and good for local businesses, if golfers have a good time they'll want to return, and the scenery speaks for itself as one cruises the course. So all things considered, it was a good day... :cool2:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My hometown team, the Washington Nats, won the World Series last night. Yeah!!!! That is the first time they have ever won.
My husband and I were rooting for them too! :thumbsup:

We woke up to a snow/rain mix which is supposed to turn to all snow later today. I feel bad for the trick-or-treaters here but no matter how many snowfalls I've seen the first one of the year is always the best. ❄

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it's starting to rain here! :clap: i really do enjoy rain. the sound of it is...peaceful, and i'll have the wood stove going 'low and slow' for kitties and myself.
I miss the wood stove I had up in Show Low, that thing cranked out the heat... it was a large stove, so if I put too much wood in it the house temp would reach 90 degrees. I used to wear flip-flops, shorts and a tank top in my home during the dead of winter, the stove made it feel like Tahiti, LOL. One evening, when I was first getting the hang of using a wood stove, I put too much wood in before going to bed... my room was right around the corner, I was using a view room with banks of picture windows as a bedroom so I could see the forest, right? There was snow on the ground outside, and I was lying there atop my sheets just a-SWEATIN' in the heat.

Eventually, unable to sleep, I had to go get a large fan from a back room and set it up so I could cool off... I remember looking out at all that snow, the temp out there around 20 degrees, and there I was setting up a fan to cool off because my home was too goldurned hot. I distinctly remember telling myself, "THIS IS STUPID"---wasting electricity to run a fan because my wood stove kicked out too much heat, LOL. Later, I learned how to operate the stove more efficiently, and I learned NOT to put too much wood in before bedtime. Meh, live and learn, I still miss that wood stove, it kicked out the most wonderful radiant heat when ya loaded it just right. :yess:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that when I was out on my last walk, the dog 3 houses down only barked at me, he didn't chase me or attack me. It doesn't look like I'll be going on my walk today, there's a storm and a tree out front snapped. :eek2: I'll have to find something to do inside.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a tomato sandwich today!
I have a tomato on every sandwich, or it doesn't seem right. I don't pay attention to the types of tomato though. Next time I'm at the store, I will see what types they have. :think:

My positive for today is that I'm glad to be back inside where it's warm after my hour long walk. 45 degrees is too cold! I think I'll find some other type of exercise to do inside until spring. :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I went to the store I picked up another bag of hazelnuts for the squirrels. They are such fun to watch. Some are clueless and just ignore the nuts, some just sit there and eat and most frantically grab nuts and run as fast as they can to get them buried or hidden before coming back for more. And then there are always a few squirrels that show up after everything is gone, going “huh?”. Kind of like people I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.