It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The frigid cold has come to an end, thank goodness. I'm craving tacos; seems there have been many posts mentioning them and I feel I could eat 10 right now for breakfast. My helper will shop this morning and I'll get my fix. :clap::cheerleader:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sophie is so cute. As soon as my alarm went off this morning, there was a little tapping on my arm. She does this all the time. She'll wait until she thinks I'm awake to ask for pets. Lily stays with me all night but Sophie does not. When the alarm goes off, she comes in for attention. If I reach for the snooze button, she smacks my hand. No snoozing. Get our breakfast! :angrywoman: :lol:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie is so cute. As soon as my alarm went off this morning, there was a little tapping on my arm. She does this all the time. She'll wait until she thinks I'm awake to ask for pets. Lily stays with me all night but Sophie does not. When the alarm goes off, she comes in for attention. If I reach for the snooze button, she smacks my hand. No snoozing. Get our breakfast! :angrywoman: :lol:
Awww....sweet girl. Has she gone for a ride in the stroller yet?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No, I don't want to move to Nevada but I don't have any choice. I need to be closer to family due to age and I can't afford California anymore.
neely neely , California has seasons too, just not as pronounced as it is elsewhere farther North or East.
@segelkatt I'm sorry you have to relocate to NV and can appreciate the steep cost of living in CA but thankfully you have family there. I hope they are supportive and the move won't be too difficult for you.:hugs:

I realize CA has seasons too but for now the midwest is my home. Perhaps one day I will spend several weeks during our winter season in a warmer location or visit friends and family who live in CA.

My positive post for today is it's a balmy +10F now with temps. rising this weekend. We finally made it out of the subzero temps. :bliss:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive post for today is it's a balmy +10F now with temps. rising this weekend. We finally made it out of the subzero temps.
It was amazing how nice 10 felt after the past couple days!

My throat is hurting a bit less right now than yesterday, so either my antibiotics are working, or I was going to start getting better anyway (if it was viral), and the antibiotics aren't doing anything, but either way I hope this trend continues so I can feel normal again.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was not talking about people now who have grown up in the cold/hot places. Of course it's home. I meant the White people who first came over from Europe and went to places where they had those extremes temps and why they stayed there instead of to keep going until they found a place with less extreme conditions, more like what they had at home. The people who came from Europe then did not have those extreme conditions due to the gulf stream warming the North Atlantic and the North Sea which in turn kept the land from getting so very cold.
Regarding pulling up one's roots: people do it all the time, I did and I was an adult. Then there are the snowbirds, mostly older people who move to places like Florida, Arizona and California and Oregon to get away from the cold. No, I don't want to move to Nevada but I don't have any choice. I need to be closer to family due to age and I can't afford California anymore.
neely neely , California has seasons too, just not as pronounced as it is elsewhere farther North or East.
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 , the extreme weather of central Texas (Fort Worth) was just one reason why I could not wait to get out of there. Puddles were frozen during the winter and summer temps of 100F with 98% were certainly extremes, no?
Well you and me both. I lived with my parents until I was 26. Being the accountant that I am I knew my entire paycheck would be going towards rent in SoCal when I moved out. So I quit my job and we (with my ex) packed our cars and drove to North Dallas. Best financial decision ever. With the good economy and less competition I was able to get a job at a very nice place. Now I actually have money in my 401k and have fantastic medical insurance. Eh the housing prices have gotten too high here so I just live in a very nice apartment instead.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The surgery center called today to get my pre registration done,so all is set for cataract #2 to go away come Tuesday...the sun was shining today and it was up in the 50's so the heat got turned off and windows opened for the afternoon.3 of the cats met squirrel who climbed up my screen.What a racket as the cats were growling and hissing!Don't know what the squirrel thought but he beat feet to the maple tree in short order!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made dinner and ate it! Acorn squash stuffed with bacon, apple, onion and pine nut - it turned out better the last time I made it, but I was proud that I was hungry and ate real food. And I did laundry.

I think my spurt of feeling normal might be running out for the night, but I appreciated it while it lasted.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every day on February 2nd since 2004 when I studied in France and learned the French eat crêpes for la Chandleur, I've eaten crêpes. Some blizzard years I had to be creative like make them at home or drive to a clise Baker's Square, but this year I was able to take my fiancé to the normal place for the first time. Yum!
20190202_143150.jpg
20190202_145201.jpg

La complète (ham, egg and cheese) and la romantique (strawberries and crème anglaise). I usually get the same two on. My yearly trek.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Every day on February 2nd since 2004 when I studied in France and learned the French eat crêpes for la Chandleur, I've eaten crêpes. Some blizzard years I had to be creative like make them at home or drive to a clise Baker's Square, but this year I was able to take my fiancé to the normal place for the first time. Yum!
View attachment 273079 View attachment 273080

La complète (ham, egg and cheese) and la romantique (strawberries and crème anglaise). I usually get the same two on. My yearly trek.
Oh my, those look delicious!! Are you feeling better?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, those look delicious!! Are you feeling better?
I've had more energy and my throat hurts a lot less, though I'm not sure I'm 100%. Hopefully soon!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's a heat wave here, 45F compared to -24F with the polar vortex. There were even runners in shorts along one of the popular lakeshore paths. Can't wait to bask in the balmy temps. today after our mid-week freeze. Happy Sunday to all. :cool2:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was positively balmy here today!Heat off,windows and doors open,hubby's happy bees are flying,cats were in the windows chattering away at the birds and oh what was that grey thing running across the yard!!??Supper's over,dishes in the dishwasher,Stevie Nicks will be on AXS soon...it's all good in the neighborhood!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It turned into spring yesterday! Like lizzie lizzie , windows and doors open. It will be even a bit warmer today but with rain coming in the evening. I'll enjoy the warmth while it's here. :clap::yess::sunshine:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:winner:........

Cue the duck boats! The Patriots won their 6th Super Bowl :woo:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've spent the past two weeks trying to get a surrendered 5-year-old tortico at the shelter to make up with me. All she did was hiss, growl and lash out at us. This morning she let me pet her head, so we're getting somewhere. :petcat::clapcat: Her former owner, who's quite ill, said she got her as a feral kitten and she wouldn't let her touch her for a good six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.