It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I read about Aquill Island and a mysterious village that disappeared in 1838. Very interesting history around where you are. Stay safe with Erik on the loose.
Every area has an abandoned village out here in Mayo. Even before the famine and more after. I lived in a place called Shranaploya in Mayo and there was a field full of house ruins.. the name means place of the plague . When birth rate fell? And emigration grew? And food was short? Achill cannot grow crops; rock and more rock, so starvation was rife. I am on a neighbouring island, and we and the mainland fed Achill for many years. You can still see the potato ridges in many fields hereabouts. We have rocky land here but not as bad as Achill. No rabbits here as they cannot burrow so we have hares who nest. and they cannot any longer bury folk here.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We now have an escape-proof dog kennel at the shelter. :clapcat::clapcat::clapcat: We've had an escape artist for nearly a year -supposedly a Kangal mix, but I think more Lab than anything - that gets out of his kennel at every opportunity. He climbs fencing, opens doors, and figured out how to slide bolts. This should stop him:

Attachments

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We now have an escape-proof dog kennel at the shelter. :clapcat::clapcat::clapcat: We've had an escape artist for nearly a year -supposedly a Kangal mix, but I think more Lab than anything - that gets out of his kennel at every opportunity. He climbs fencing, opens doors, and figured out how to slide bolts. This should stop him:
He sounds very clever but I think the new kennel will out-smart him!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It was in the 60s for the last few days, then plummeted to the 20s last night. We have winds with gusts up to 50mph. The good news is I got out for a walk yesterday and bought cookies and a brownie from a cookie shop I've never been to. Pricey, $3.00 each, so I won't be going there often but the cookies and brownie
are amazing. Double chocolate chip and the brownie was German chocolate.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone is running around where I live, getting ready for the apocalypse.
sm-129.gif

All the bottled water is gone at our local store, as are the granola bars.

We will be having snow off and on for the next week, and for me, that's positive -- I'm so excited for it!

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you are all safe. Stay warm and cozy. Wonder where StinkyTom goes in storms?
Stinkertom comes "home" of course,,, sings at the window, terrorises any of my cats who are anywhere in range, glares at me when I go out to sort him out... cats here are not allowed in the house and are even fed outside,, except mine! I feel so sorry for him but a war would start if I started caring for him.. He looks in good health and well fed.. Poor lad, never been petted, never sat by a warm fire...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Stinkertom comes "home" of course,,, sings at the window, terrorises any of my cats who are anywhere in range, glares at me when I go out to sort him out... cats here are not allowed in the house and are even fed outside,, except mine! I feel so sorry for him but a war would start if I started caring for him.. He looks in good health and well fed.. Poor lad, never been petted, never sat by a warm fire...
Oh, now I'm feeling sad. I wish I could pet and kiss him, get him neutered, and give him a warm throw to sleep on.

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, now I'm feeling sad. I wish I could pet and kiss him, get him neutered, and give him a warm throw to sleep on.
I know, I know. But he would take your hands off if you tried to touch him! And I cannot have him terrorising my gentle cats as he does .. he corners them and ....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a reminder that this thread is about positive things that are going on in your life. :)

We are going out with some friends tonight. :)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Stinkertom is in deep deep .... He has tomcatted all over my bags of turf and it STINKS!
Oh no!! I bought this and it works well. One of the male strays got into my house and sprayed and this took out the smell.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A hummingbird baby fledged two days ago, then came back to the nest, left again, came back, left again...LOL. the little darling (this is a webcam I'm watching that's located in California) apparently figures it's easier to nap in the nest than while hanging on to a branch! But it's so much fun to still be able to see baby, while we're waiting for mama to decide on nest #2 :) since hummers have several nests in a season. This one is an Allen's hummingbird, I believe.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait for the hummers to return. Sometimes I'll have my head down while I'm reading on the deck, then I hear the buzzing of their sweet wings as they arrive to drink from the feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.