It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
In spite of the frigid temps today I went to my morning exercise class and later did some grocery shopping in preparation for next week's forecast, i.e. more snow and single digit temps. It makes me realize how fortunate we are to have food and shelter for ourselves and our cat(s). :rbheart:

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I had plans to meet another couple for lunch today but I was worried because the temps have been below zero all day. However, I let the car warm up before we left and glad I didn't cancel plans. The couple we were meeting are also huge animal lovers and we had a wonderful lunch which included talking about our pets. :greenpaw::bluepaw:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only had eight students today and then happy hour after school. So it was a pretty relaxing day despite the fact that the air hurt my face for those brief moments I was outside.

I'm so glad Lelia is an indoor cat. To think she could have been out there freezing if she hadn't been trapped. I mean, she's a brat and not grateful, but I am.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I treated myself to a cafe after work today. After a rough work day (3 hours of mopping up a flooded facility :thud: I had to call for back up help), I
needed a treat. I felt much better after a hot chocolate and croissant:agree: I'm glad my co-worker was able to come in to help. There was no way I could have mopped up all that water myself.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The updated weather forecast is calling for 10 more inches of snow and bitter cold temps all week so I went back to our local pet store to get more food for Carleton. Surprise - I got a $3.00 off coupon and 1 free can of pate. :thumbsup:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this the post Mega Pawsitive thread?
:yess::yess::yess:
Keeping it positive, today sucked, tomorrow (based on our plans) will suck but when life sends you into the air after a skilled golfer yells FOUR, these animals make life worth living when nothing else does. They need us and we need them.

Even though someone peed on my coat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 Yes, this is a positive thread but not the Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser as that ended Dec. 2018. Here is a better explanation for you:

No matter how bad your day may be, there is always something beautiful happening.

Let's hear something positive going on in your life. Something as small as a good cup of coffee, a sunny day or a phone call can be a small positive in your life. Remember to keep it positive. :heartshape:
Hope this helps. Glad to see you posting here. :thumbsup: You can also refer to the first page of this thread for further info.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My honeybelle oranges were delivered on Friday...oh happy dance going on here!They are so sweet and juicy!I found a new recipe for cinnamon buns,made them and they are wonderful!Oh yes...beautiful day!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bruce found his way here :clap: Always great to see Bruce around :D
Aw, shucks :paperbag: :thumbsup:
Believe it or not lazy old me actually heaved my butt out of my chair and got things done today, those annoying little jobs that everyone hates are out of what's left of my hair for awhile.
I had to unpack some things and a box had those big, heavy strips of long (several feet long about 6-8 inches wide) packing paper, which is an automatic cat toy. Baby Girl spent most of the day leaping into it and enjoying the weird sound it made. I'd toss some toys onto it and laugh because she would just dive headfirst into it. The other cats weren't nearly as amused.
Later, she drug it halfway across the living space (remember, this thing is at least 5 feet long), dropped the front end of it at my feet, gave it a look then stared at me. "See this anaconda? I killed it for you. Can I have some food?"
These little critters make even boring jobs much more fun.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
and no rain or snow!!!
Wish that was the case here since we got approx. six more inches of snow overnight and will possibly break a record for coldest temps the middle of the week. At least the snow is the soft, pillowy type, easy to shovel so can't complain.

The good news is school was cancelled, no work today! :thumbsup: Although I am semi-retired I was supposed to fill in for a teacher who had an IEP meeting. The traffic report said there were a lot of delays on the road but fortunately I won't have to worry.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are truly nice, generous people out there:agree: A friend of mine has had a rough year already with her DH being diagnosed with ALS. Her co-workers have already collected money to help out. Now they're sending her and her family on a trip to Myrtle Beach for a weekend. I guess a co-worker used points to get a hotel suite right on the beach. It'll be a fun relaxing weekend for my friend and her family:sunshine:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
School has been called off for tomorrow and Thursday! I'm really hoping this extra time to rest might finally help me get over this flu or whatever. It would be nice to get to the gym again.

I guess if there's anything positive about this is that my appetite's been low and I'm losing weight (although I'm beginning to think our scale is a bit off and maybe that's really the case). So I can't look that gift horse in the mouth.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The day did not start out well, i.e. our washing machine flooded the laundry room floor and we have a plumber coming tomorrow. But after mopping the floor and wringing out the clothes I kept a lunch date I had made with a close friend. We have known one another since our kids were little and can talk for hours. I truly cherish my friends! :heartshape:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy was it chilly this morning!..in the teens.But the sun was out and very bright and as I sat drinking my coffee,I was watching this tiny little male goldfinch at the feeder.Feisty much!He was chasing all the others away,even those much bigger than he.My Grandma would say he had hutzpa!Hope you were watching,Gram.He put on quite a show!

Status
Not open for further replies.