It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tango was just sleeping beside me when I heard her growling in her sleep. I've never heard a cat do that before! She must have been having a nightmare or something, which isn't positive for her, but it was for me, because it made my day. :lol: She woke up a few minutes later, trilled, and began rolling around when she realized I was still beside her. :loveeyes: Cats are the best.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my new license plates and after 2 days of trying to get the screws out, using half a can of WD-40 and breaking two screwdrivers in the process, I *finally* was able to put my plates on my car!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was my hubby's 73rd birthday and we spent a great day together.I spent most of my day in the kitchen cooking up a storm for him.Glorious day indeed!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I was just straightening up the pantry in anticipation of a big cat food delivery and thinking about how on the ball the German pet food industry is. Five and a half years ago, Mowgli was getting the same two LID foods day in and day out in an attempt to get his IBD under control (as well as to cope with his food allergies), plus nutritional supplements.

Nowadays he's still on a limited ingredient diet and will be for life, but he now has eleven different single-protein, grain-free/gluten-free, canned varieties in the pantry that he loves and thrives on - 10 different meats and 1 fish. The very few flare-ups he's had have been when he's stolen people food.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just straightening up the pantry in anticipation of a big cat food delivery and thinking about how on the ball the German pet food industry is. Five and a half years ago, Mowgli was getting the same two LID foods day in and day out in an attempt to get his IBD under control (as well as to cope with his food allergies), plus nutritional supplements.

Nowadays he's still on a limited ingredient diet and will be for life, but he now has eleven different single-protein, grain-free/gluten-free, canned varieties in the pantry that he loves and thrives on - 10 different meats and 1 fish. The very few flare-ups he's had have been when he's stolen people food.
Are you and your cats based in a Germany? Did not realize that!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Are you and your cats based in Germany? Did not realize that!
Yes. I was born and raised in the U.S., but am married to a German and have spent most of my adult life here.

Mowgli is all set for the next 3 1/2 months or so. One hundred and eight 200-gram (7-ounce) cans of cat food were delivered today. I swear he starts to look worried when we're down to a one or two-week supply. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm finally getting over my...I'm just going to say it was the flu. I took a half day at school and I think I made the right choice because I would have felt guilty if I hadn't gone in at all, but I was starting to feel worn out by the time I left and I'm glad I have this extra afternoon just to rest and nap (and I was finally hungry again and my throat doesn't hurt as much so I ate) before going back to full time tomorrow.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Yes. I was born and raised in the U.S., but am married to a German and have spent most of my adult life here.

Mowgli is all set for the next 3 1/2 months or so. One hundred and eight 200-gram (7-ounce) cans of cat food were delivered today. I swear he starts to look worried when we're down to a one or two-week supply. :lol:
It's usually the other way around, the German moves to the US. I've only heard of one couple before, from a coworker who said her brother moved to Germany because his bride just could not adjust to US life even after several tears here.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was at our local pet shop today but instead of shopping for Carleton I was there to purchase a Gotcha Day gift for my daughter and son-in-law's dog. I must have been there for at least half an hour trying to choose the perfect gift and since it was a tie between two different toys I bought both of them. :goldstar:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I asked my fiancé to get me some soup on his way home, and he actually read all the ingredient labels to make sure he got me one with no tomato or tomato paste in it!

Clearly I have the most thoughtful, amazing, wonderful, etc, fiancé ever.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's usually the other way around, the German moves to the US. I've only heard of one couple before, from a coworker who said her brother moved to Germany because his bride just could not adjust to US life even after several tears here.
You'd be surprised at the number of German-American couples living here. Also German-Canadian, German-British, etc..

I also know quite a few German-American couples who lived in the States for a while, then decided to move back to Germany, like we did.

Mowgli let me sleep till 5:30 a.m.. He apparently didn't want to get out of bed because it's so cold.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard news from my stepbrother that my dad has allowed the outside cats in the living room! On his own even. Apparently he felt sorry for them. Unfortunately they are sick with an outbreak of herpes but he has encouraged my stepmom to take them to the vet! I live with my bf in a different state with 3 cats but growing up my dad refused to do anything for my pets beyond basic food and water. I still get sad and angry if I think about my poor childhood cat but I’m glad he has softened. I guess it was easier to ignore just me vs my stepmom, step bro and younger sister combined. And even more good news a kind lady saw my stepmom’s post on the Korean kitty forums and she has been sending her supplies since the cats are of stray origin. There’s currently the original mating pair, 3 3rd generation cats, and a couple of strays. There were also 4 older kittens that the father fathered with another cat (who disappeared) but they managed to trap and neuter 2 of them. Everyone else has been fixed except for the couple of strays who stop by for food at times. So yeah they have had their hands full for a while so it’s nice to hear some positive developments. The 3rd generation cats are in the house full time and the others don’t want to live indoors full time. They still have traps out so I’m hoping the others will be caught in due time. I recommend that she put kfc in the traps hah. Sent them a care package of wet and dry food from chewy. Hurray for buy one get one free American Journey dry!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard news from my stepbrother that my dad has allowed the outside cats in the living room! On his own even. Apparently he felt sorry for them. Unfortunately they are sick with an outbreak of herpes but he has encouraged my stepmom to take them to the vet! I live with my bf in a different state with 3 cats but growing up my dad refused to do anything for my pets beyond basic food and water. I still get sad and angry if I think about my poor childhood cat but I’m glad he has softened. I guess it was easier to ignore just me vs my stepmom, step bro and younger sister combined. And even more good news a kind lady saw my stepmom’s post on the Korean kitty forums and she has been sending her supplies since the cats are of stray origin. There’s currently the original mating pair, 3 3rd generation cats, and a couple of strays. There were also 4 older kittens that the father fathered with another cat (who disappeared) but they managed to trap and neuter 2 of them. Everyone else has been fixed except for the couple of strays who stop by for food at times. So yeah they have had their hands full for a while so it’s nice to hear some positive developments. The 3rd generation cats are in the house full time and the others don’t want to live indoors full time. They still have traps out so I’m hoping the others will be caught in due time. I recommend that she put kfc in the traps hah. Sent them a care package of wet and dry food from chewy. Hurray for buy one get one free American Journey dry!
So glad your dad has softened.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The beastly cold is over at least for awhile. It's raining now but I don't care. At least I can take the dirty litter out without freezing my can off. :clap:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just noticed that Amazon has a new feature to help track orders that are being delivered by Amazon drivers. It's a basically a GPS map and shows you where your package is. Right now my package is listed as 9 stops away but really it's at the complex next door. The driver will swing around to my complex within 15 minutes or so.

I don't think the box will be big enough for the cats;) It's just some craft tools and supplies I need to attempt paper quilling.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton and I played a morning game of soccer with his jingle ball toy while I was getting my breakfast ready. He's quite good at it too! :thumbsup:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It's an icy mess outside....so glad I'm not out there. My sister and b.i.l. bought me a new washer and dryer because my old ones died within a day of one another.
I really like the new set and they're not digital so I'm very pleased.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leroy is obsessed with cat grass :eek: He'll just eat and eat until he pukes :barf:and then continues to eat more :doh: I don't buy cat grass often and when I do, the pot is kept out of reach. The grass never lasts long, maybe a couple of days at most.

My Amazon package came in a bubble envelop so no box for the cats. I'm looking forward to attempting some paper quilling this weekend.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the holidays, those self-warming cat beds went on sale at $20 off, so I bought one for Milly.
:bliss:
Now there is just the two-month Wait Time for her to decide if it passes muster for her to begin using it. That seems to be her average "Ignore-New-Things" mode... I buy a new thing, she waits 2 months until I am almost ready to donate it, then boom! she uses it. Water fountains, cat beds or trees, weird toys.

:rolleyes3:
It only took Milly 15 days to finally sleep in her self-warming bed!
She's sleeping in it right now!

edit: a little snapshot
Milly-24JAN2019.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.