Help with pregnant kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I did order some urinary test strips off ebay to use. They should work for bob and catniss right? To tell me if they have a UTI?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well of it isn't that would mean they have one right?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, it shows if the urine is acid or alkaline. When it starts getting too much acid they could develop an infection. Infection is caused by bacteria and/or crystals that can form in an acid environment or from exposure to bacteria.

If its on the acid side they probably need more fluids and wet food.

The strips would also have to be held under the urine stream itself, so they may not serve you well.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The ones I got says just dip them in it. It also tells if there is protein, glucose, or keystones so if one of them develops diaetes hopefully I'll catch it. Maybe they will help some. I looked at the pet ones but they are all expensive

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Siamese and calico both started purring today while I was petting them! They are all ready for permanent homes. Tux didn't run, so there's some progress. The mom aka Edna is going to go to a family member of mine. He lives in the country so she will be able to go out if she like, as long as she catches the mice he will let her go wherever in or out. She will be here for prolly about another month before she goes as he is finishing his house now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Will he feed her cat food too though?

The additional time that mom and babies can be together is good!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yes of course he will feed her. She will just be able to be an indoor outdoor cat and kind of come and go as she pleases and be able to have an abundance of mice to catch LOL. I think she would be good at it being she's not really used to be at an indoor cat prior to now, and he needs one that will love on him as well as he likes cats. I think she will be happy there and not have to worry about living in an abandoned house anymore but still get to hunt and such

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe yay for momma kitty! Have you heard anything else about the special needs kitty?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, it was kind of an ordeal trying to figure out how exactly to get a hold of them. One of the places I called was called the same thing but was actually a different place in California. They said if there's no phone number to be careful because apparently it's common there for people to create false rescues so people will donate. Well the only email I got back finally from the actual place said that they wouldn't adopt him out because he had too many medical issues, but never actually said any specific reasons. They did say that I could sponsor him and they would send me a card for my daughter. They said they would let me know if they came across any other cleft nose kitties though, although the other one they have looks nothing like that. In the midst of all the chaos of trying to figure out how to get ahold of them one lady tried to get me to adopt a tripod cat which I'm not against however they adopt very very easily I find. And someone is trying to get me to adopt 2 cats with bunny walks Like Bob and Katniss but they are blind and partially blind. Ugly enough you know I'm considering adopting the blind ones but it has yet to be determined as I'm still contemplating it. I looked all over and found no more kitties with cleft noses except for those two and I searched all the places I find that have cats with special needs. Oh well maybe it wasn't meant to be I guess

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O, and Siamese has decided that she needs to spend more time out of the room than in it. She comes to me typically when I call her if not she meows at me. Tux finally purred while I was petting him while he was eating last night! Yay! Have to get these babies some rabies shots and get them some homes!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I left the door open while I was cleaning the house yesterday. The kittens spent hours running through the hall from their room to mine. Siamese has pretty much made herself at home but she still goes back with her family in their room. The way she plays and was laying around on the bed u could never tell she was almost feral. I've still been corresponding about the blind and blinding neurological kitties, still waiting on their foster to give more info and make a decision. I will have to drive like 2 hours to get them if I decide to, but I'm still up in the air on it anyway. If i decide to I may just do all the stuff and wait until I get a few of these gone. I believe the 2 are around the kittens age that I have, but I wouldn't swear to that.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! It's great that mama and kittens are making themselves at home! They trust you and are getting comfortable. Perhaps mama has been owned before and was just scared.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O I got an inquiry about tux today. I won't let him go until he is a little more calm but if I meet with them and they have good vet refereces then it seems he may have a home. So, being that most ppl dont chip their cats, would it be terrible of me to put a chip in them with my info so if something happens they come home? Then if they turn them in to a shelter or something they won't have to stay there. Idk, I worry about them going to random people

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I finally got to have an actual phone conversation with the foster for the 2 blind kitties. Apparently they are not getting much attention as she said they had ringworm and she didn't really do anything with them for 6 weeks. She said ringworm is gone but they are tame but don't really like being held and will push away. They are around 5 1/2 months old, and have been and still are living in a 42 inch dog cage with their almost feral mom. She said they have bouncy butts that looks like they hump the air when they walk, and walk with a wide stance. She said they play and though the one is blind he still plays and catches things ECT, and his sister can partially see but usually misses what she is you g after. What would that be? She said the vet said it was ch, but it doesn't sou d like it to me or her either

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can she send you a video of them walking and interacting? That way we might know more.

The cage sounds small for 3 cats to live in endlessly. :(

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I sent the adoption app in, so if it gets approved (idk y it wouldnt) then hopefully I'll pick them up this weekend. I was also thinking that it was 2 small for 3 as she said the babies are as big as mom already. She also stated that when they went to give shots that they ended up with an empty vial so Mirage the little blind boy did not get one so he is behind on his shots and has to restart. They also said that the vet they took him to they don't believe is correct about his illnesses. They had ringworm and she stated that the little boys eye is still missing hair and such and they do not know what is wrong with it. I find it odd that a rescue group doesn't take a little better care of them as she said that they think those drops from Tractor Supply will take care of it however they aren't doing it yet. I believe that getting them would actually be in their best interest because they don't seem to be able to take care of them in a manner that will allow them to be adopted as a semi feral and blind cat is not going to be first on anyone's list

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O, she also said that they have never been on the floor before, or even allowed to climb a cat tree. Those poor kids r going to end up being completely feral, and die of boredom. I don't really know what to think at this point, but I feel terrible for them. O, Siamese is at home out and about now, I let them out all night and even tux came out. She was in my room in the cat tree when I woke up. Calico is so loving, but it intimidates her if I'm standing and she is on the ground. Tabby is the food monitor as if they are out of anything or he wants love he let's me know! Edna (mom) stayed in the cat bed, so I know she moved around at some point. Fluffy cat the odd man out peed in my bed again last night! I I was so mad. Luckily I caught her but she ran underneath where the oven is again luckily this morning she came back when I fed them because they do not know where the other cat's food is I guess. She really needs a home since she doesn't really like the dogs at all. I do hope the rescue lady gets them homes soon.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had the BIGGEST ordeal trying to get the kittens their rabies shots. After an hour and the lady hanging up on me once they finally decided to let them get them for $30. They kept telling me that I didn' pay for any of them and that they credited me $27 off the price and that I had to pay $15 a piece for them. I was lit to say the least. I got it done though thankfully once I told the lady on the phone I was just going to bring them to them and they could deal with it all of a sudden I had paid for 2 of them. I will not be going back to hsgkc for anything anymore. We will now use spay and neuter Kansas city as hopefully they don't have a hassle every time u go there for anything. Kittens are doing wonderfully. I let Siamese stay out all the time now, and at the moment all of them are out after their dramatic vet visit. Poor tabby was visibly shaking just sitting in the waiting room.

Haven't heard back about my adoption app yet, she did say she got it though as it took me filling it out 3 times for me to be able to get it in an email with the answers. If i get them then of coarse tips on blind kitties would be great! I have been doing lots of reading on it and the poor babies are going to have a rough time. I am hoping that I hear something soon so they can start working in the right direction as every day is a step in the wrong direction.