Please help

maudehammon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I had a cat that disappeared for about a month and I later found him in town living under someone’s trailer, I’m thinking the local tnr got him realized he was neutered and dropped him at the wrong location. Anyways I was finally able to catch him and got him home but now he’s so freaked out he’s just hiding under a dresser not eating or anything, I’ve only had him for a day now but
I don’t know what to do he hisses and try’s to bite and I just need ideas to help him

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS, despite what brought you here. Let him decompress - he will over time. And he will eat/drink/use the litter box, most likely at first when you are not around. Treat him as if he were a new cat to your home. This TCS article might help.
How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home - TheCatSite

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3:I'm sorry your cat disappeared for a month but glad you were lucky and found him. It's probably going to take awhile for him to settle down and realize he's safe now. Be patient and give him all the time he needs. Is he eating and using the litter box? You may want to confine him to a room just to reassure him but that's entirely up to you. In addition to the above TCS Article you may find some helpful tips and advice here: How To Get A Cat To Come Out Of Hiding? [Answered] - TheCatSite

Best of luck and please keep us updated on his progress. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maudehammon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3:I'm sorry your cat disappeared for a month but glad you were lucky and found him. It's probably going to take awhile for him to settle down and realize he's safe now. Be patient and give him all the time he needs. Is he eating and using the litter box? You may want to confine him to a room just to reassure him but that's entirely up to you. In addition to the above TCS Article you may find some helpful tips and advice here: How To Get A Cat To Come Out Of Hiding? [Answered] - TheCatSite

Best of luck and please keep us updated on his progress. :alright:
I do have him in a room by himself but he isn’t eating or anything like that yet

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise