Help with pregnant kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I got back and bob was NOT ok.... so upset. He had pee in his diaper.. He can't go at All on his own! He was full and it was dark and cloudy. Well, that was Sunday or Monday whatever u want to call midnight. Then Monday morning, all blood! I was so freaked out and terrified! I took him to the vet Monday and they said it was just a uti and that he needed antibiotics again. They gave him a shot. So so so mad! Idk if the person watching him lied or if they just didn't get him all the way or what but it was not ok.

Catniss on the other hand had a ball at my mom's and so did my mom with her. She would've kept her if it weren't for the stinky diapers (don't blame her as it's pretty bad since her impaction). Apparently she was the life of the house and got her 2 big cats that never play playing and being nice to her even. She's such a great little girl! My mom was changing her every 3 to 4 hours she said so that made me really happy. I feel bad that I can't do it that often for her but what can I do I suppose.

Mom and babies are good, I'm thinking mom needs out of the room so I'm going to try and see what happens as she doesn't seem to like dogs, and between mama and moo those 2 r terrors! Always after one another the jerks. I think they r in competition and I want to get them both half the time. Moo screams terribly! It's horrid!

So, I just squeezed bob again and I'm pretty sure he's got a stone or something in there bcz it seems hard and I tried squeezing it and a tiny bit of bloody pee came out (bright red!). Is it like a kidney stone u think? Can that be handled without surgery? Omg, last I remember a cat having this it was a 1000$ surgery! We all know I can't afford that! Freaking out til I can get him to the vet once again tomorrow...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Relax!!!!

Seriously. Stop squeezing Bob so hard, give him a day or two. You were gone, and he's only used to you! He may be a bit impacted, but you can give him his meds to loosen him. He'll be okay. No need to rush to the vet. Relax.

So glad Catniss did well with your mom.

Let mama kitty roam a little when your others are put away.

Take a deep breath. Everyone will be okay. :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, he's not impacted, poops like a champ. We get more of that sometimes than i even think he eats haha. He has a hard lump in his bladder. It's not supposed to be there. It wasn't there earlier today either and now it is and it's fairly large. His bladder should be flat and squishy not a hard lump. If it is there in the morning and after work both should I take him?

There isn't a place left to put anyone up around here, so she either has to come out with everyone or not at all really. Some can go in my room but either mama or moo would have to be out. I will just have to see what I can figure out and hope she can get along. She is with the dogs all day in their cage so u would think she would be used to them but she definitely is not.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, mom still has babies that she is protective of, and she is still getting used to being indoors.

I don't know what to think about Bob, but he was fine before you left out of town. I hope it's nothing.

I wish I could be more helpful ...

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I kind of think the mom (I call her aunt Edna) is like that because of the babies. Maybe she will call down.

He was fine when I left but if he didn't get squeezed the sediment he has had could have settled I guess. Really I have no idea, I just know exactly the way he is and I have OCD about the way things feel so I can tell the difference. It says it's caused by blood in the urine (well known that bob has that anyway). Hopefully it's nothing and they charge me for the visit but I had a cat nearly die from them once and the cheap food bob begs for could easily cause it. (I don't feed meow mix EVER bcz it caused them in several cats that I know or had). I worry because I know bob is at higher risk for things because of his condition and u know that's my little miracle baby. I knew i shouldve just convinced my mom to watch him. I'm getting a note from my Dr for an emotional support animal and registering bob so he can just travel with me. I can't deal with this every year when I leave town, and bob shouldn't have to.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think that's a very good idea! I hope Bob is better soon. Let us know!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I decided to postpone for a day as it seems the lump has shrunk some. If it doesn't completely diminish or seem it will by no later than Saturday he will be going to the vet. Im hoping it is just sedimemt that resolves itself. He's acting fine or he would go now.

I think I'm going to take the extra cage for the cat family out this evening as they are really never in it anyway and it's more just taking up space. I wish I had a home for Edna as she's going stir crazy I think. I don't blame her although she's a very good girl. The babies I have been contemplating separating for the portion of the day because u can tell that's when they seem the most feral still is together. Poor tux seems feral all the time still. They still have a ways to go I think but I believe they will be more tame once they are in separate homes and have more room. I think that's going to be the problem for tux is getting him to not worry about the others as he seemed to be the most outgoing so probably the protector of the outfit really. Poor guy u can tell in his face he is scared. (He's also the one we almost caught and may have been both times even so he might still be tramatized).

The poor random trap kitty still has no home and she's a very big girl but very intimidated by everyone. Merlin tries to be his usual greeting and inviting self and she hisses and cowars down. I try and reassure her and so does he but she's not having it. Bob does not help because he goes over and hisses the little brat. I hope to find her a home soon so she can be happy. I would be scared if I had to hear mama and moo fight all day as well!

I have to give Merlin his award for best kitty of the year! He's the most gentle and kind cat ever! Always tries to welcome everyone and never acts mean to anyone. He had a line of cats formed waiting on their baths from him yesterday lol. It was adorable. That guy is the most wonderful sweet cat I have ever seen. He doesn't like dogs but he has now learned to play with sugar who is huge and doesn't get she scares him. He used to swat and hiss, now he tries to be nice for awhile.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I love this update! I hope Bob won't need the vet.

Can you let mama kitty out of the room for a few hours a day? Sounds like she needs a break.

The trap kitty does sound scared. She just needs time. Poor gal.

Will the little tuxedo kitten let you handle him at all?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well none of them really let me handle them on their own terms bit calico on occasion. I pretty much have to get them. Sometimes I can pet them in their box that's deemed sleepy spot now. They all let me pet them while eating except tux who cowars down and tries to run usually. I try and pick everyone up at least once per day and give them love. Since they r small they don't bite or scratch still so I'm hoping they get tame before all of that.

The mom cat does and doesn't want out since the other animals are here. I tried yesterday and it didn't last long at all. She hates the dogs and jist so happen they love cats. I may take her to my room for awhile tonight and lock everyone out but maybe Merlin (if she likes cats he is the man, and they may have even known each other once).

I'm hoping bob gets better. I wonder if the stone or whatever it is even matters if he still is going? I believe it to be a kidney stone he passed hence the bloody bloody urine those 2 times. Maybe it was coming out of a kidney and that's what happened. Still not leaving him anymore unless with my mom or someone well trained. Just kinda winging it now, as all anyone ever says if I call is bring him in and though he LOVES his outings I'm broke.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great news, bob is all better! I believe he passed a kidney stone (actually I think it was 2). Poor baby that had to HURT! Either way his urine has been almost clear for about 2 days now so I'm stoked. I decided after the rescue family is done with this bag of the tractor supply kitten food they are going to kitten chow since I believe it to be the culprit for bob. I went and bought some kitten chow just for him today so he will stop begging me for their food.

Catniss has been peeing up a storm lately. I guess it's a good thing except her 10 lb diapers! Poor girl might have to change to a better brand if she keeps it up that absorbs more. It's been a very long time since I had a baby in diapers so any suggestions on an affordable brand that is super absorbent? I have been using the sams club brand and they seem to work ok but not the best for her newly found flooding as her belly is sometimes wet which in turn makes her smell TERRIBLE like cat urine (we all know that's the worst smell ever!).

The kittens have been playing some with my little tiny dog and especially calico seems to like her. I'm hoping that may help them socialize some but it at least helps with their home placement as they will be ok with dogs.

The fluffy cat I moved to my room for today since she gets no out time. She can eat and drink and I put a box in there for her too. Maybe she will learn to deal with everyone at some point or hopefully find a home very very soon. Everyone seems to be thriving once again though finally. Hopefully the rough patch is over for awhile cause boy that was exhausting. Now we just need some homes and everyone will be happy.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So this is going to be an odd post I suppose. I was opening Google as typical today and on my phone it gives random articles typically about cats and kittens and there was one about a special cat. Naturally I opened it and started to read it. After seeing the first picture of the kitten I realize there was something familiar about it and as I was reading it said the kitten was born with a cleft nose and cleft palate. To most people this wouldn't mean anything however the familiarity in the kitten is that it has the exact same nose as my daughter. She was also born with a cleft nose and I have never seen nor heard of a kitten being born like that. I am now in the process of trying to adopt this kitten for my daughter. I sent them an email however it seems as though he is at a permanent Foster but I'm really hoping that if his care is something that's feasible that I can adopt him and they will be willing to let me as my daughter is about to turn 17 this year and I think it would be a great help to her to see someone else like her. Do you think I might be crazy? And do you think that it would be likely that they would adopt the kitty even though it is special needs? He is at a place in California called Milo's sanctuary. I do hope they at least will respond to the email that I sent them about it and I even included a picture of my daughter as to show them I was not insane and that my daughter really does have the same noses the cat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's not crazy. You feel an empathy for a condition that your daughter experiences, so it is close to your heart. You therefore feel a kinship to this kitten. It makes sense to me!

Cleft palates can often be surgically repaired as they can cause difficulties with eating.

Did the article mention whether this kitten has had surgery or what its exact special needs are? Is the kitten up for adoption?

Wait and see what, if any, response you may get. You have a very kind heart for special needs kitties! :catrub:

How is everyone doing?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They didn' mention whether it had had surgery or not which I thought weird. It says it has cleft palate, nose, and mild cerebellar hypoplasia. So it would walk like bob, and have her nose. It was just amazing to me that it' nose is like hers bcz I kept looking at the pics as I was reading and thought how familiar but didn' see anything until they said what was different. I have to say I'm terribly excited to see what they say but I believe i will be devastated if they say no. I just wanted to cuddle the little guy. I'l try to include the pic as I saved one of them to my phone. I will see if I can edit a pic of my daughter so u can just see her nose as it is so much alike.

Everyone seems to be doing well here. I had to take catniss for a shot for her diaper rash (didn't seem to be working for her yet as of last night), but still hoping it works. Bob is absolutely perfect these days, as I have read once u get over the first 11 months they level out and usually only have the problems they have then. (So glad as I remember how crazy it was at the beginning with him).

The cat family: Edna and fluffy cat looked like they had bonded a little as they were laying 6 inches from each other like they were enjoying the company. Tux no real noticeable change, Cali is ready to go I would say. She will be timid at first but she' really come out of her shell. Tabby has become overly talkative, and is constantly running out the door when I open it. Siamese is doing well. Still wondering what is going on with her, but she is doing very well. Tabby and Siamese ran out the door yesterday right before I had to leave so they got to stay out with the other cats. They did come back out when I got home to be put up but the songs wouldn't leave them alone so they were everywhere. It was slightly funny, as the pit bulls think all cats are their friends and they just want to love on them and play but then Siamese would come around a corner and puff up when they really annoyed her. Tabby could go today and I wouldn't be worried about him at all.

I believe my mom wants another kitty since she had catniss. She was saying again yesterday how she wishes they didn' have the smell of the diapers as she thinks they way they walk is adorable, and watching her skirt bouncy with her is cute. She needs to stop being scared and watch bob bcz I think if I found a female version of bob she would be in heaven lol. I am going to make a special needs kitty mom out of her yet!
img.jpg
this is the kitty I hope to adopt. He is adorable!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How precious!

What have you tried on Catniss' bottom for her rash?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O we have tried the nag balm which does nothing for her, triple antibiotic which helps some, that silver cream they gave bob, this medicated cream from tractor supply, I just found the butt paste again last night so we r doing that today. Can I use powder, like baby powder u think? I want it gone as it looks painful. She will obviously go back in 10 days if I can' get it gone for another shot. We also didn' see the same vet that did Bob's as he was in surgery so perhaps they gave a different dose, or something different than he gives. I know it should be better noted but affordable beats out paperwork for me. Any other suggestions? Hopefully she does like bob and once it is healed we r over all his obstacles like this. She just has bad things follow her around it seems poor girl

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't as of yet. I did use a cheap version of desitin and it still didn't go away. I have the monistat from trying it on bob I might try. I hate diaper rash, and her sitting on her butt like a human does NOT help her any at all. She is acting fine so that is a good thing.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Had to update, tabby is now meowing at me and I pet him and he purrs! How wonderful! He's definitely ready for his new home, and I surely hope he can find it soon!

I also have gotten collars put on everyone in the house now. I am debating whether to put all of the rabies tags on them. My mom said I should for the ones who run out. I still haven't decided. Moo wore a collar with a bell that was break away but she kept losing it so that's what made me think to get them all one. Mama and fluffy were the worst to get them on, everyone else pretty much didn't care. Rabies tags are enough to get them home if they don't scan them right? I don't think it's a big worry really but never know with what just happened with sugar. My personal animals are all chipped so hopefully that will get them home anyway

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They have a tiny bit, but those two are pretty unsociable for the most part. Bob was laying next to the water bowl (as always) yesterday when tabby came out and got a drink he just let him. Occasionally they get in there with them if they think they have something they want and usually someone hisses. Dozer tries to play with them when they get out which idk if the kittens get scared or are just running anyway. I hope the rescue lady finds homes for them soon since tabby is doing so well right now. He deserves one.