Help with pregnant kitty

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope if she can just spend a whole day at home rather than at the vet’s she will begin to feel better and to eat. She’s probably been freaked out being at the vet for hours. Cats won’t eat when they are upset.

You should be able to give her sub-q fluids yourself at home rather than through an IV. Ask the vet to sell you some bags of fluid. It’s easy and safe!

Let me know how she is tomorrow. I hope she has a good night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well we have to find someone to get her the antibiotics and they will want to see her. I plan on staying with her the whole time while they give fluids (she desperately needs them it seems). We r finding a new place there is 1 that has been recommended a couple times from a fb group.

O, and I got her poop out. Just did it the usual way, might be 1 ball left but it's almost all out. Then we r starting the med we got the other day. Idiot vet apparently doesnt know how to Express a bowel of a cat. Took us like 10 minutes. Non listening people! But, hopefully she starts feeling like eating. 1 more visit then we r home. Going to get bloodwork done after her antibiotics are over to see what is really happening. We did a b12 shot, is there anything else that would help her like that? Her usual vet gives shots to help boost their system and things that's how we knew that even. The vet wasnt doing it... grrrr still pretty mad

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Took her 2 hrs away to a vet clinic and they said she should be ok. Got her on antibiotics she needed, lactulose, just gave subcutaneous fluids, said miralax in all her food from now on and reccomends all wet food. Bring her back in 2 weeks for bloodwork unless she doesnt clear out her bowels in the next week, then he said bring her back in a week. She has it back already so she was pretty full. She did eat some today and drank water after we got home so I'm a bit more at ease. Still not great but not terrible either.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m so relieved that she will be okay. I’m also appreciative that you took her to a different vet. Hopefully now that Catniss is home and resting she will relax and begin to eat and drink and get back to normal. :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Me too! I was a disaster! How do those people stay in business?! Who doesnt give water to an animal for that long?! I am more mad at myself for returning her there than anything. Shes still not drinking well, and what was left of the hard poop has either moved way down or maybe even softened all the way up (didnt want to squeeze her to much) she had a nice little pile of poop this morning and her urine is a bit better looking so perhaps she is getting over it. Poor little lady I think she hates me now

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So we are awaiting chance a kitty who was shot by a pelletgun a few months back and his caregiver couldn't afford, nor do the care regimen. He can no longer walk on his back legs but they do move some. He is completely incontinent (not a problem around here). He has apparently caused sores from dragging so we need to inspect those when he gets here. His spine is not severed nor did his other vet believe it really hit it. Being he is now having movement is it possible for him to walk again or is this probably as far as he will come?

This is the only pic I have seen of him, his transporter is loving him and says he is the biggest ham ever. He has apparently spent 8 to 9 hrs on a moving blanket in the van just sleeping and enjoying the ride. (We r blessed to have this man offer the discount price and for him to take such great care of him on the long trip from Louisiana to Nebraska. So here is chance, the newest member of the special needs kitty brigade
FB_IMG_1549913632868.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh beautiful Chance! I am in Ne too, a state with wonderful warm hearted people like you!
I would venture that if he has some movement in his back legs and his spine has not been severed, he eventually could regain use of his legs with therapy. I'll pray for healing vibes to be sent his way!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Brace yourself for these pics, it is WAY worse than I thought it was going to be. Chance made it safe with the carrier and then got his bladder expressed all over me, the bathroom, just everywhere. He had to go straight to the vet for flea meds, deworming, and meds. I still have to call and ask if he got his shot because I didnt recieve a record, only a tag that I didnt open. Anyway, meet chance

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok it's not letting me, give a a few minutes to close and reopen for the pics

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my word...that poor sweet cat !
That's the most true statement ever. This fella took a trip from Louisiana all the way to Omaha. I did not expect this when he got here. Apparently from his records it's been like this for almost 2 months and she refused to follow the treatment. She finally posted in a fb group (where she wasnt supposed to) a very odd post wanting anyone to take him. It was so disturbing the way it was written I imm

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Immediate agreed to take him and eventually just paid to have him shipped because the man offered a huge discount and something seemed very desperate in the way she wrote it. I definitely am glad I did what i did as idk if he could've made it much longer there. He is very very sweet and he loves to be loved. Mr. Bob here isnt fond of him (he hates every new cat) but it will all work out eventually. It already looks to be a tiny bit better since hes been here. He has diarrhea pretty bad though because he got all the meds, good food and not to mention all the high quality treats at the vet for being such a wonderful patient (and seemed starving which apparently he has been since he was picked up from her house the transport guy said).

Either way he is home and safe now. I hope he heals very quickly since he is getting his bladder expressed now. O, and he has movement in his legs, just very erratic. The vet said with time and some at home physical therapy there is a chance he could make a full recovery one day. Fingers crossed but if not he is loved all the same

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an absolutely sweet, sweet guy! I can't imagine how confused and terrified he is right now, but once he understands you are helping him and want to give him what he needs most, care and love, he will heal, physically and emotionally. his poor bottom, that will take a lot of expertise to manage. I wish you well, and pray heals quickly. i can't even comprehend what that last caregiver was thinking. He is SO lucky to have found you, it must be fate! THANK YOU!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So this was chance last night waiting to watch TV. He had the pants on just in case as we r awaiting his diapers to come in the mail. Hes almost completely healed already! I'll post pics probably tomorrow once I take some more. Even the sores on his legs r close to being gone. Hes very very sweet. Once his diapers get here and I know he will get along with the others I'll start leaving him out of the cage.
20190219_210529.jpg

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is a pic of chance in his new fancypants4pets. He is doing wonderful and he is almost healed already!