Help with pregnant kitty

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m relieved to hear that it’s working out! And also that it will only be a week or so before things are more permanent. I know this is not easy for you or them!

Where are the dogs?

What do you mean you popped the windows? The cats can’t get out, can they?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, there are screens on the open ones. I just opened them enough for some air to move. I feel bad I can't stay with them all the time but in the end it will be worth it. The dogs are there on the land. The big ones have their tie outs and can go in and out of the shop and the little ones have their cage at night and ketchup a tie out for the day to run (the other one won' go anywhere). None of it is ideal for the moment however it will be fine in a week once we can all come together again. I think my tiny dog will take it the hardest but it will be ok.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, it sounds okay for a week or so, and you don’t have to worry about the landlord anymore! :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, does anyone remember this handsome guy?
20181028_203400.jpg
he issleeping in my work pants. Mr bob is doing wonderful and so is this sweet ball of fur.....
20181021_174426.jpg
I recently put them both on a freezedried raw for half their food intake and it's done wonders! I opened a Facebook group for them and their blind deaf dog brother if anyone is interested in joining! It's for all special needs animals as apparently I'm becoming some sort of an expert Haha! Anyway, just wanted to update since this was the reason I didn't lose my mind with these 2!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Of course we remember! How are you? So good to hear from you. Are you all settled in new digs now?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O no, it's still not done. Everyone is great though! Me and the diaper babies r out in Omaha for work for awhile with 2 dogs. Hopefully the house gets done asap I miss the other babies! Ended up with a blind deaf d.m. border collie. That's a trip lol. Bob thinks hes his bestie. Cant wait to get home and have our new house!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 found a kitty in the drain. Heading to Omaha in the blizzard. It's very dehydrated skin and bones her skin stays up when pinched (u know what I mean) green light on giving meds from tsc for tape and roundworms? Dont want to kill her but shes in dire need. Eating and drinking like a champ my guess 6 months old should be about 7lbs might be 4. I'll post pics when we land.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So shes been fully vetted now, sweet kitty. Shes apparently 7 ti 8 years old! She was spayed theu said they saw a scar, opened her up anyway to "check" and still charged me for a full spay. Did give her a tattoo. Is that normal? She had surgery for no reason, even when they knew. Couldn't they have done an ultrasound? That's ridiculous to me. I would've taken her home and waited to see if she came in heat if I needed. Also Nebraska is outrageous on prices! Shes cost me almost $300 for just shots deworming, microchip and half spay! O, and this is a freaking kill shelter! Not happy, and the lady tried to talk me into turning her in after I said nope! Shes an all black cat, no way she is going to a kill shelter!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good grief! That sounds absurd. I’m sorry you and your cat had to go through that. I would stay away from that place. Is there a low-cost clinic anywhere nearby?

She is a beautiful cat! :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That was the low cost clinic that did her "spay" and a vaccine clinic that did her shots. I've been told there is a cheap bet here, prolly go there if we need 1.

So catniss has chronic constipation. Shes fine for awhile then bam it happens. I literally have to squeeze it out then she will be fine for awhile. We try to switch food. We now do freeze dried raw, that worked for awhile, then bam again like always. Any suggestions? She is stopped up right now, prolly in 2 days she will get clear again (has to be so much before it works) perhaps a yogurt, pumpkin olive oil mix in her food everyday?
20181127_202729.jpg

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 so catniss is constipated again I took her to the vet yesterday and they gave her (after I told them it wouldn't work) 2 enemas, had her for like 5 hrs. When I picked her up she was like worn out barely moving. She has bloody runny stuff come out I tried to squeeze her to no avail. Then this morning her urine is full of blood. She drank so much when I picked her up yesterday she threw up, then she wanted more so I kept stopping her so she would slow down. I did give her a bit of CBS with thc, shes just not acting right at all still. Is this normal? Did they poke a hole in something?! I'm worried and idk what to do. Desperately need an opinion.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh no! Did you take her to that same vet? Did she finally poop?

Whatever they did was too rough on her.

Get her to a different vet. Ask them to do an x-ray or ultrasound to see what is going on, and to put her on clavamox in case she has an infection. Other than this, I would leave her alone and see how she’s doing over the weekend.

Has she eaten anything? In general, I would add drops of olive oil to her food to keep her bowels soft.

What did you mean about her drinking?

Poor Catniss!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
U took her back to them (got desperate) different vet. The drinking is she was apparently so dehydrated she wolfed it down and threw it all back up. I then let her drink but would pull her back over and over to slow her down. I told them she needs fluids now, she is dehydrated. They did a urine sample found Crystals, were doing more tests to it, I asked for bloodwork to check her out and make sure shes running ok and not diabetic or something, they want to do another water only enema, and are giving her lactulose. Hasn't eaten or drank a thing since after she got home. Barely started moving around at the vet finally (shes a true social butterfly but she only lasted a few minutes then was laying down). If I get her back and nothing is better and shes like that again I'm going to flip! They should've known to at least give her some f'in water! I get her at 530 or sooner if she poops

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m still confused. Is she at a new vet or the same one that did this to her the first time?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The same 1.
They called. Shes having kidney failure, a UTI, liver failure, either fiv+ or lymphoma (checking for fiv now which when I got her said she was negative but no paperwork proving it) if not check again in 2 weeks, had lactulose and subcutaneous fluids already, giving an iv now with more fluids, said her poop isn't hard theu dont think so going to try and get that out in the next 30 minutes, I asked them to give her a b12 shot and I think that ends our terrible list.

I'm losing my mind and horribly ugly crying. Can she live with these things? It better not be cancer or I'm gonna lose it, lost my dog to that a few years ago. I pick her up tonight, then I guess they want her back tomorrow probably for fluids and such. My little baby!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are they putting her on antibiotics?

Poor Catniss, poor you.

I can’t help but wonder what triggered this. She’s been doing well other than the occasional and expected constipation.

If she doesn’t start eating on her own she will need fluids and perhaps an appetite stimulant, but you’ll want to give her time to see how she’s doing at home rather than at the vet’s.

Do you trust this vet? I was thinking you might take her elsewhere after your earlier experiences with them.

Please let us know how she is doing this evening.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well another $350, she does have some poop coming out that's kinda runny. They said they got a couple of poop balls out. She got i.v. fluids. I have to find somewhere else tomorrow to get her meds and fluids. They were going to charge me $80 to just give fluids tomorrow. She got 2 more enemas of warm water (still cost the same). I think she is just dehydrated because those jerks didnt give her water the 5 hrs they had her and were dehydrating her with those enemas. We got her records and still owe them like $100 (unless they take it out they r s.o.l. cause we wont be back). I finally found an all cat vet like u suggested. Looked up cheap bet and found it. Still not eating or drinking but seems a bit more with it. Try the food again in a few hrs. They charge a fee every time u walk in. The expensive vet we use to use didnt even do that! I think it isn't as bad as they made it seem. They changed stories on the lymphoma so now it's all kidneys and liver and poop. If we get the poop out I think it will be fine. Price gouging pieces of catniss poop stuck in her butt! (U know what i mean). I made them leave her i.v. I'll take it out when it's over if whomever charges, and should cost a bit less. I'm over this.