Help with pregnant kitty

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bless her heart! And bless you for your perseverance in dealing with all these problems. Not everybody would. :catrub:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well they are like my babies I wouldn't have it any other way. She has pooped so much since I got that out of her yesterday but I'm a little afraid she might get dehydrated. Can I give her Pedialyte or something like it? I don't want her to get dehydrated cause any more problems. I don't believe I'm going to be giving her any more medicine or laxatives considering she's still pooping the same weird consistency pasty runny poop. This morning she still had it and it was still that dark green color so I believe she is still processing all of the food that she's been eating previously. I'm just glad that her Plumbing still running.

So I left Mom and her babies out last night in the bedroom of course, and this morning when I went to put them away they actually did not run when I walked in. I believe little tabby could find a new home already as he is really not scared at all of people and he kind of likes to be petted now. Chuck's did very well considering but he's not very happy and Calico certainly is going to be the hardest one to tame down as she's still ran away scared and she is very shy but is pretty calm once I have all of her. Siamese still looks like she's got a problem with her I but I don't believe it's infected or anything that can probably be fixed. Oh, no one is sneezing or anything however they are getting little eye boogers randomly should I worry or is it probably because of the change in climate and environment for them?

Merlin is doing very well it seems he's back to putting his dried claws into my leg when you want something so I would call that back to normal. He no longer is talkative but I figure you probably isn't because he got used to not speaking for a while. I do hope he comes back to it because that's what made him himself.

Wow, there has been a ton going on around here. Kinda crazy and hectic. Hopefully it's over for awhile because that was a lot happening at once.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sure was! Do they let you wipe their eyes? Do they need terramycin?

I think they will all warm up to you more soon!

I think stopping all the laxatives with Catniss is a good idea for now. You can give her pedialyte if you want.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I kinda just do what I want to them after I pick them up. They r around 2.5 to 3 lbs so they aren't very harmful, and they really do not scratch or bite, just try and run if that even. Tux hisses at me occasionally but it's because I can't help but try and kiss him. (Prolly thinks I'm trying to eat him). I don't know what that med is. They don't get the boogers all the time, just occasionally is why I wonder if it is perhaps from the change in environment they have had. I really need to get them on better food once the stuff I have is gone (granted we do not have another catastrophe). Their poop is crazy smelly and I feel bad for feeding them such cheap stuff. We r going to move to just kitten chow and whatever canned we can get cheap at Sam's club probably. They have enough for awhile anyway so it could be a week or two before they need it.

I believe I am going to give her some Pedialyte because she went way more than normal and was in all those laxatives and such. Do they usually have a problem drinking it? It's flavorless right? I just don't want anymore problems for her. She lost a ton of weight from what she was before she pooped. She's all love now though! She finally stopped pooping for awhile at least after I changed her this morning.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will think the clear is water.

Terramycin is antibiotic eye ointment. It clears infection and is available at tractor supply.

Has the new family been wormed? Worms can make poop smelly too!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They have been given both tapeworm and round worm dewormer. I will look in a minute after I get my car tagged. Expenses r running me ragged this month.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I caught a cat in the trap who has apparently been running around behind the house I was told. It's a very pretty fluffy grey cat. I think it is a female but I'm not at all sure about that being it's a fluff ball. It was very hungry and is very loving. I have it segregated in the back room for now and I plan to take her to get combo tested here in a bit and hopefully they can tell me if it's a female and if it's fixed. I can only hope it is. Maybe this is the last of the cats that are running around my property.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Maybe that is who was doing the meowing recently that you thought might be another kitten.

I hope this takes care of your stray cat problem for awhile too.

How is Catniss doing?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's what I was thinking.

Catniss is back to the same wonderful brat she always was. She's actually standing on me at the moment. She's had no problems with going poop at all since I got her all cleaned out. She has had a few more explosions but I can deal with those. I gave her almost a full bath the other day and got all the crusty stuff off where her incision was and she looks much better. It looks as though there is a stitch sticking straight out though so I may have to cut that off. I don't believe we will be returning to the expensive vet for anything as they really got me with the spay and the fact they refused to believe what I was telling them about her being impacted. If it weren't for my previous knowledge with bob things would've been terrible.

The babies are coming around some. They attribute me to food as I feed them enough at a time to where they will be put again when it is feeding time so they come over to me kinda to eat. Tabby is very vocal and typically the first. Today calico came really easily. Poor tux is still terrified. I think he was the caregiver while mom was out so he is probably the one who had to be scared for them all. I just hope he comes around at least enough to be a halfway decent house cat. They all use the box well so that's a start.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well after a failed attempt at petco due to me taking my chi mix as well and the ladies working stopping me which evidently meant it was passed time, we ended up taking miss kitty to the shelter here to have her checked. Turns out it is a girl (I was pretty sure as it looked and acted as a female) she is thankfully spayed as well. Unfortunately there is no microchip in her so I posted her on Craigslist and I have been searching other places for missing ads as well. Nothing yet but at some point someone loved this girl so hopefully she wasn't just one of the abandoned street cats. I let her in as I couldn't keep her in the back room long as there's no air back there. Hopefully her family comes forward very soon to claim her. I'll post a pic.

While I was at the shelter I asked for tips on places to put them for adoption all they have me was the usual places to post lost animals and told me it was going to be to hard to socialize the kittens bcz it has to be done in the 1st 7 weeks. Such fluff to put it terribly nice. Those ppl don't realize many times adult feral cats can become house cats with work. Idk how these people think they r helping by discouraging people and all in all would have ended up just dumping more of them onto them. I had to leave quickly as 2 people tried giving me the kitties they were bringing in and I was not about to take anymore. The box full of around 1 month old babies I have to say was tempting but I figure they have fosters somewhere for them. I actually hate out shelter as most people around here do. They r so concerned with their largest no kill status they forget that the people matter as well and are not all bad. Several times I have went trying to get help with random things and they act like I have 3 heads and treat me like I'm a dog with rabies. I really don't get how they think they r helping by treating the people not turning animals in like poop and not offering any help or helpful advice. Heck the lady acted like I stole the cat I brought in bcz I didn't turn her in. For one I'm not paying $30 for them to take her and for 2 if her family doesn't happen to look there in time then she won't make it home ever and though she is pretty there's no telling how long she will be stuck there. I'll spend the money in cat food and flea meds and give her 30 days before I put her for adoption somewhere. Hopefully it takes way less for her family to find her. Sorry I got on a rant there but these people really get me with the lack of compassion and understanding.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is beautiful! Is she getting along with your other cats?

I hear you loud and clear about the folks at the shelter. I suppose they are overwhelmed and frustrated. I still do not think that excuses rudeness.

This poor girl may be lost, but she also may have been dumped or left behind. No one may come forward, and adult cats tend to sit in shelters for a very long time. Hopefully you can find a family for her yourself.

I know you've got your hands full right now, so just take it one day at a time.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is actually getting along really well. Actually better than moo really lol. She doesn't like confrontation it seems so she just let's a hiss. My female pit bull of coarse thinks she should be her bestie so I've had to scold her several times to get her some space. She seems well kept, so I might ask some of the people behind me. Yeah, she's definitely not a kitten as she's really a pretty big kitty and though she would have a way better shot than Merlin of leaving a shelter it could e forever. I read an article about a kitty that was at one for 10 years before someone adopted it! I might ask my sister in law as her old cat that's since passed of old age looked just like that.

The people at the shelter were rude from the beginning probably because I had my tiny dog with me as well and they assumed I am a purchaser i suppose. Little do they know that she's a Craigslist rescue that cost me $20 and way more than that in medical bills for the fleas, tapeworm, round worm, and bite on her let alone shots. Judgemental jerks. Maybe I need to get shirts for everyone that say my mom rescues so judge someone else haha.

Tabby is a little turd lol. He comes, he yells, he let's me pet and pick him up and then once I put him down and try again after a bit he runs away. Kinda goofy but then he comes back and yells again lol. He's goofy.

Siamese has red tinted eyes. Not like pink eye or anything but almost like an albino would have red eyes but not completely. Is that weird? She's obviously not all white and her eyes are like a really icy blue I guess u could call it. Maybe that has something to do with the seeming sight problems?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So could moo have allergies or is she sick? She's got obviously watery eyes and nose bit it all seems clear. U can hear her breathing funny bcz of it. Do I need to take her to the vet or is it allergies? I think bob has the same thing bit he sneezes too. Should I take them both, just bob, or neither? Money is tight so I can't afford a wasted trip

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O, bob has been that way a couple days, moo just today, maybe a little yesterday. It did just drop in temp here and some rain last night. Could it be related to the temp changes?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like they have colds. If they get worse it could become an upper respiratory infection (URI). In that case they would need oral antibiotics.

If they are just stuffy try a vaporizer.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Moo sounded and looked so sad (literally looked like she was crying) so I took her and bob in. They gave me the entire big bottle of clavomox for whoever starts sneezing. I had already started bob on some left from catniss and Merlin 2 days ago but i wanted to make sure he was not dehydrated. They gave moo a shot too. She sounds horrible but it's all just runny eyes and noses right now. Those 2 at the moment are the only sick ones.

I leave for Chicago on Friday morning so I am freaking out! My mom is taking catniss and a friend is watching everyone else at home including bob. Not so worried about everyone but bob. Trying to teach the squeeze didn't go so well and it's hard to explain when their hands r so much bigger than mine. Goi ng to needs lots of good vibes to bob! Catniss will be living it up bcz my mom is home all day so she will get love 24/7.

Never guess who is my little buddy and loves love now... calico! She slightly comes but she stopped running and will just look up and get loving like she really enjoys it. Such progress! They r all getting used to me for the most part (tux still is scared and hides with siamese). They don't really run as much except him and they r all doing well.
I stopped giving them canned food as it was giving them diareah and tabby pooped some blood. Haven't seen any since so fingers crossed that was all as from what I read that was it. I think I gave them to much cause I feel bad for them.

Everyone seems to be doing well, and I just checked my phone and I may have found the owner of the grey kitty! Waiting to hear back and get a way better description and hopefully a pic bcz all they said was grey and white fixed female but I really wouldn't call it white and that's a really vague description. Hopefully they send back a pic of her and it is her family! Fingers crossed!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, do get a photo and tons more info before handing the kitty over to strangers.

Can your mom keep Bob too? It seems it might be better. I know she has kept him in the past. Then friends can focus on the rest.

It's good you got meds for your kitties! I hope they get better soon.

How long will you be gone?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well unfortunately the cat was not the one that I have. So we continue to search for her owners. My mom says she'll only watch one of the cats so I chose Katniss because she's uncomfortable with squeezing them. She hasn't watched Bob before except for while I went to the store and such so she really didn't have to do anything. For the most part everyone in the house takes care of himself except for now moo moo must get antibiotics other than that it's more less feeding. They're not one to be trying to play with the kittens so I figure they'll be okay for what pans out to be just one entire 24 hour. Without anyone really handling them because I will be there Friday morning and be back Sunday evening. I'm extremely thankful that that gave me that entire bottle because Tabby started sneezing this morning so he got it as well. I still worry about Bob however I started trying to teach them yesterday and I believe they will be okay by the time I leave. If not I'm leaving then the number of the vet and they can take him there if they have to to be squeezed on Saturday which will not in turn be great but at least he will pee once every day for sure if they can't make it happen. I still believe that they will be alright though.