Help with pregnant kitty

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Poor kitties, especially little tabby. At least they have their shots now.

Here is an article I found on our site about blind cats:

Blind Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I talked to the rescue lady and she said next week I can drop them off to her and she will take care of the final steps and they will go into cages in the place for the day Saturday and whoever doesn' find a home will have pics posted online and go back the next Saturday. She said typically they are on hold and find homes by the next time before they even get there. I do hope so. I am so nervous for them, but I am sure it is best for them. Hopefully they get great homes and go in pairs. I know Siamese will be gone the first time as she has amazing eyes, but I hope tux gets a sibling to go with. I'm going to cry just thinking about it. Anyway, they are doing great, tabby and Siamese even came up on the bed after me today. It was cute but they got chased off by the little dogs. Fluffy cat gets to go the next time after the kittens are gone and she is going as their mom since miss Edna is getting a home already.

Miss kitty catniss has a terrible diaper rash, I soaked her in the tub for a bit (she was pretty good considering) I just held her around her chest like a kid and let her float so I think it felt good. I put Epsom salt and baking soda in it hopefully it helps. I put cocoa butter vasaline on her butt and it actually stuck so maybe it will help. Never know as all Bob's tricks seem not to work on her. Ugh, so stressed about everything.

Haven't heard about the blind babies yet. Should I call them or wait a few days? I really would like the room clear before they come but I really want them out of the prison cage too... such decisions. I'll have to wait til the weekend to pick them up anyway being it is a 4 hour round trip.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You should call and check.

Be sure to tell the lady that Tux needs to go with a sibling, and make sure she knows which one he is. Does he have a favorite sibling? Or he is close to mom? See if she will agree to pair him.

I hope Catniss' bottom gets better soon!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah I think I might potty back him with siamese as she' by far the easiest to place with her eyes, she is the most outgoing, although he doesn't really have a favorite. He's doing well but not nearly as well as the others.

I will either call or email the lady today about the blind ones. I more or less just want to know what' going on I suppose. I would think they would be in a rush to get them gone but it seems not. Then again u would also think they would be socialized but that didn't happen either.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I sent an email to the lady about the blind kitties today, haven't heard a word still and it's almost 7 pm here. Not really sure whether it's just a terrible and slow "rescue" or if they r going to say no. Either way it would be nice to have an answer. Grrr. O, tux is doing wonderful! He lets me pet him and doesn't even try to tuck away anymore. His siblings comfort him which is so cute

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would love to see some new pics of the mama and kittens while you still have them!

Hopefully you'll get word soon on the blind cats.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I will take new pics today of the kitties. Tux was purring his butt off while I was petting him tis morning and he learned to meow if he wants something like his brother! I'm so proud of him! He's a little darling. At least I don't have to worry about him anymore like I was. I really really want to keep Siamese but I'm trying to talk myself out of it. Between her being beautiful and following me around she's making it really hard to let her go! That' y I really want the word on the kitties is bec quite se if they r coming there is no way I can keep her.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I also forgot to add I never got a response from my email about the blind cat do you think I should call the Foster lady that has them? That's the only number that I have because apparently it's all ran by Fosters.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am extremely upset! So I finally got an email back from the rescue place with the blind cats and they said they refuse to let me adopt them because they feel that I do not properly vet my animals! Are you kidding me, I'm at the vet more times in a month than most people are in an entire lifetime! They claim they can't get ahold of vetco which is a load of crap because you can call an 800 number and they will give them the records. Most places ask you to provide the records as with mine Katniss had a lot of her stuff done at the expensive at which we no longer use, and I didn't give them that information which I have five would have they probably would have had a better record as the cheap vet doesn't keep records very well. I do hope those poor cats get out of that cage sometime soon as I really feel terrible that they're stuck in a cage all the time. I may actually talk to the rescue lady about adopting them for me and letting me have them from her because what I heard concerned me about their well-being as they are stuck in a cage 24/7 with their feral mother and learning nothing. I am so upset and I feel terrible for those cats! I am however going to email the lady at that shelter about doing fostering as I was waiting to hear back about the blind cats so I guess it leaves a spot open for one of them now to come and stay at least for a while unless we really fall in love and then they can stay forever. So so upset!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I understand why you are upset. Can you forward copies of your vet records to the place with the blind kittens?

Definitely talk to the rescue lady!

Think hard about keeping mama Siamese! She sounds like she's getting very bonded to you and would be a great kitty! :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Siamese is one of the kittens, but she does seem to really like me. I don't think she is feeling well today, we might be going to take her to the vet here in a bit. I sent an email back to them stating that I could provide them with the records if so needed and to hopefully change their minds. I have no idea if they read it or will respond at all. I actually thought about it and the ones I put down as having really haven't gotten shots ext there. Idk, it just gets me that they had to have told the ppl that I'm in there all the time when bob and Mrs niss's need anything. I just sent over the records for the kittens to the rescue lady, when I hear back I'll see what she says about the blind ones as I mentioned them to her already. I'll post new pic of the kitties in a bit

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
20171115_123904.jpg
20171115_123859.jpg
20171115_122613.jpg
20171115_105230.jpg
here are all the babies. They are going tomorrow to the place with the rescue lady so fingers crossed for them as they will be back on Sunday if they don't get homes. I really hope they all go by then as it is becoming reply hard to let them go! I never heard back from the place about the blind kittens after I sent the records so I assume I never will. I have a foster kitty lined up who is an actual Manx cat who is huge and playful but he leaks poop and he is rough so he is locked in a cage. They said once they have tried all options for possible parasites then I will be bringing him in. He's quite the boy though, as he's very large and so so playful. I think he will be way happier, and it will come at a perfect time as the kittens and adults should all be gone by then and he will get out into at least a room instead of a cage. Hopefully he likes dogs, but as big as he is I assume he won't be very intimidated.

So nervous about the kitties! She did say that she will call and check up on them until she's comfortable they have a good home and they get them back if not, or if they need or want to get rid of them. Thats a little better.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That they are! If i didn' have the others they would have been the perfect family to keep a they are all different and so different in personalities too. I have to keep telling myelf there is nothing wrong with them so they can go to someone else.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I'm trying to keep my mind occupied so I won't change my mind about the babies, so I might as well start in on the next project. So if Mr Duckworth the Manx foster is a poo leaker but uses the litter box I can still diaper him and allow him to use the box when I take them off right? I am NOT leaving him in a cage, and he obviously can't pull a bob and leave poo marks everywhere so diapers are his best option I would say. I am really tired of walking in and getting him out to find poo stuck to his poor butt too! I know they have lots of kitties and little time but it's always like that. Anyway, i don't want him to lose his abilities, but I can't let him do what bob did as he's definitely bigger! He's going to need way larger diapers too cause he's very very big! Also, long ago I had a few cats that were indoors and in those younger days I didn't realize how bad cheap food was for them so I used special kitty (I know right!). Well it led one of the cats at least (can't remember if there was more than 1) to leak poop when they jumped on furniture ECT. Do u think it's possible they have him doing it like that? There's a kitty there they said has ibd that I really really want but he is also a poo leaker. (He's the reason I found the place as I went to adopt him) they claim with him that if he eats grain free food it will stop it... are they being honest, or is it they just know I am a sucker and I will eventually give in? For real if that fixes him then I would adopt him in an instant as he is an older polydactyl kitty who is black with extremely long fangs like a vampire. If it could be true, I might take and measure him for diapers and get one made and try it. Worst case scenario I guess he wears them forever, best, they both end up fixed for good. If u look up reno in belton mo at help humane that's the kitty I was going to adopt before Merlin found me when it was just me mama and papa. U think I would be nuts to take 2 fosters if I get all the kittens and big cats gone that may or may not poop all over gods creation lol? They at least know each other and though they lock up Duckworth they are in the same room and reno intimidates him and made Duckworth hide and try to play so perhaps they would help each other socialize before they come out of the foster room? O such decisions...

O, as if I'm not stressed enough, tux came into the bedroom where I was trying to nap, slowly clawed his way up the side of the bed by my head, stared at me until I said something when I realized it was him, stared for another minuted and walked all down the side of the bed slowly to leave. He's not making this easy at all!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh boy, you've got lots of things to think about and make decisions on.

I know it's hard to let Tux go! Are you sure you want to?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't want to let any of them go. I just know I can't really keep all 4 of them. I would keep tux and Siamese for sure but I think they will do good in another home. I told her pairs only so that's good. Tux let me flip him upside down and sprawled out purring a minute ago so I think he's ready to go to a new home. If they don't go soon then I'll keep whoever doesn't because they are all absolutely adorable. I have to go meet a mostly blind cat today, I figure 6 to 1 is t bad lol, especially when it trades normal for special needs. I'm going to end up with a house full of special needs black cats! She's black with a white mustache but mostly blind. They say she needs calm and patient so she may not be for us, but I always look when I see her so y not meet her? Worst case she gets some extra love today and doesn' leave but takes my mind off the 4 babies in a cage for the day... I'm so nervous and upset! Going to be hard to let them go but I really need to so someone less fortunate has a chance at a real home. Duckworth stuck in a cage is terrible and all bcz he's huge and playful. Reno if he doesn't have a home by the time i go to get Duckworth I'm taking him foster or not cause he likely will never find one. Pooping all over and I believe he is 11. He's got a good 9 years left and he deserves a home whether he poops in a diaper or litter box. If i can get his pooping stopped then he might be able to find a home even. Who knows. Edna can leave whenever really as her home has heat and all but he's wanting to finish the paining I believe before he moves in. That'll be no time at all, so then fluffy who I believe will go quick as she's fluffy and sweet then the room is open for the next round of kitties who may or may not leave. About to leave, I hope they all get a good home today or tomorrow cause I'll pick them up again Sunday if not.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So the kittens are doing well she sent me a picture of them in their cage. She said Little Talks even came to her just fine so I feel much better about it.

That moves is onto I went to see Sammy the blind cat off of Petfinder. So I am adopting Sammy as soon as she goes to the eye doctor to find out why exactly she is blind because she has eyes that are constantly dilated. This comes as a great shock I would almost say this poor dear as been at this rescue since March of 2015 and lived her entire life in a cage. She is extremely overweight, blind mostly, and has extremely bad dandruff itchy skin. I spent probably 45 minutes brushing her and she cleaned her front half while I did because she's so large she could not reach the back. One of the helpers actually cut her claws while she laid in my lap so that was nice. She is extremely sweet but you can tell she's not used to a lot of things going on as she smacked the girl wants for cutting her claws, and actually bit me once because I may have just had to give her kisses and she was fine for a second and then bit my arm after. The sad part is it seems they take pretty decent care of the animals there the volunteer said poor Sammy kind of just got looked over when it came to putting them into the enclosures when they moved facilities. She has a paw pad that is pretty mushy and swollen though. I did say something about it to the lady however I told her I would take her to my vet if I needed to. I am afraid that Sammy is diabetic from being stuck in that cage and getting no exercise and eating too much. I plan on having her tested as soon as I can. The odd part is I was extremely reluctant before because of the way they wrote her bio however now I believe she will do just fine even if she has to stay in the Foster room for the remainder of her time at least she will have more than a small cage.
20171118_142001.jpg
this is Sammy sitting on my lap. Notice how large her pupil is in her open eye, That's how it is most of the time.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, been doing lots of research on little... well, big Sammie. I think she has a medical issue which is likely high blood pressure or what I was already considering being her situation, diabetes. In those cases, she could possibly actual gain all of her sight back if it hasn't already become permanent. (Fingers crossed). Now here's the terribly hard part... she is not mine yet. I have no say in anything that happens with her and I can merely suggest and volunteer to help. So, being the situation, would I be totally out of line to ask to either have her taken to the vet and tested for both, or ask if I can take her to the cheap vet on payday to have her checked? I mean I really don't want to pay for it, but I would rather that than her suffer any longer. I don't really think they looked into it at all bcz I asked if she was checked for diabetes considering she has been caged for over 2 years and is obese and she said no. Now, I know she's lived like this for her entire life, but that chubby little body of hers I don't want to risk giving out before she gets help. I wish I could've just taken her then, cause I would have her at a vet on Monday but unfortunately she isn't. So out of line? Concerned more or less new mommy? She's in rough shape for sure even if those aren't the problem, but I do NOT want to piss the lady off and possibly ruin her chances. Ahhh, now I'm worried! Maybe I'll go back tomorrow, help out, and tell my findings? O, I do need some advice as I'm a very blunt person and nobody wants me saying what I am really thinking to her...

The babies are doing wonderful by the way. Melanie said tux has taken to her too, and they are all with her at home for the night. They are on the site but last I looked there were no pics yet. I'll post a link if I can figure out how once the pics are up.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
All you can do is help out and inquire nicely. It's a shame that she has to live in a cage all the time. Poor kitty.

Obesity can lead to diabetes, but no way to know without testing. I understand they probably operate on limited finances too.

Good that Tux and others are doing well. When do you get them back if they are not adopted?