Guilty Pleasures

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have an over-whelming desire to read some Nancy Drew books. I was
reading a book and one the main character's daughter was reading one.
I can remember reading sooo many of them as a child.
Go for it! I kept my favorite book series from when I was a preteen (my mom loved reading them back then too) and I still read them from time to time. DH actually bought me the books I was missing when we were dating and newlyweds. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Listening to a book on CD while I drive is one of my guilty pleasures. I used have an hour commute each way to work but now that I am retired I only drive short distances, but I still love to have a book playing. I do try to take out my audiobooks from the library but if a favorite author comes out with a new book I will buy it because I can’t wait to hear it. Favorite authors are Joshlyn Jackson, John Grisham, Jonathan Tropper and Stephen King.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an over-whelming desire to read some Nancy Drew books. I was
reading a book and one the main character's daughter was reading one.
I can remember reading sooo many of them as a child.
I was addicted to these in my teens . I have a collection of them from the 50’s and while I don’t read them anymore, just running down the list of titles makes me happy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I was addicted to these in my teens . I have a collection of them from the 50’s and while I don’t read them anymore, just running down the list of titles makes me happy.
Oh you are lucky to have them. I bet they are worth money.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah, T. Bell is sooooo good. It's only a bit before 10 am here but I could chow down
on at least 3.
I try to ear healthy but I LOVE Taco Bell
My in-laws were both from Italy and my mother-in-law taught me a lot about cooking.
I used to cook all the wonderful dishes from Southern Italy. I love Italian restaurants
as well, but my guilty:lolup: pleasure is Chef Boy-R-Dee Mini raviolis in the can. There is
something about them that tastes wonderful. :dunno:

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Reading the tabloids. ( just read them while standig in line -too expensive to buy.) Chocolate anything. Going to the HUMONGOUS discount fabric store - they have all the trims, notions etc also.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do the same, except with tea and perhaps sharing a large cupcake or slice of cheesecake with DH. We go to the local Barnes & Noble cafe, and look through books and magazines. Sometimes, on a day off, I'll treat myself (alone), but it's not as much fun as it is with him there. It's actually our birthday tradition. We go out to dinner in a nice restaurant, go to B&N for dessert, then to the local jewelry store to buy my gift. Yeah, we're boring. As. Ditch. Water. :lol2:
Doesn't sound boring at all. Sounds sweet

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like playing video games. I know I'm too old for it, but I like playing my Wii and my 3DS, and all the classics N64, gameboy, gamecube. I love Nintendo. Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing are my go-to's.

I'm definitely embarrassed letting people know that I "waste time" playing video games. Like other people don't "waste time" watching tv? :hmmm: Or messing around on their phones, computers, iPads? But whatever...
Everyone has to have a way to relax If you enjoy it and it Doesn't hurt anyone play away.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't really have to buy the tabloids anymore. You can get celebrity gossip delivered right to your email for free. Now, how do I know this? ;)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My latest guilty pleasure is craving Wonder Bread! I don't know if they even make it anymore but I would love a PBJ on it. I've been eating a lot of them lately but on Italian bread. My mother wouln't buy it for us when we were growing up and most of the time I think i's gross but what I wouldn't give for a loaf now.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My latest guilty pleasure is craving Wonder Bread! I don't know if they even make it anymore but I would love a PBJ on it. I've been eating a lot of them lately but on Italian bread. My mother wouln't buy it for us when we were growing up and most of the time I think i's gross but what I wouldn't give for a loaf now.
They still make Wonder Bread. My brother-n-law used to work for them. They went out of business a few years ago and someone else brought them.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they still make Wonder Bread. I buy it sometimes, not very often because people say it's crap. But I like it. :thumbsup:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I posted my "guilty pleasure" in this a while back. It has not changed, still Coach pocketbooks. I am addicted to them.
I have 3 Coach handbags and a briefcase, all bought when I received an unexpected inheritance. I love them. My fave is a black satchel that looks like a bag doc's carry.
They are all over 20 years old but in great shape except for the briefcase that one
of the cats used as a scratching post.