Guilty Pleasures

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my most guilty pleasures is watching Lifetime movies. You always know how they are
going to end, or most always, and you don't have to think too much.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this is one but I'm obsessed with cat ears. They're just so soft and... Ugh!!! I can't control myself. I think I freak Felix and Smokey out sometimes. Felix came on my bed one time. I started petting him and then noticed how incredibly soft his ears were so I rubbed my cheeks on them. He stopped purring but I didn't notice. He tolerated in for about 5 minutes before he said, "I think that's enough." He ran away. It shouldn't be strange because I use to rub my head on his belly when he was a kitten. Can't do it now. I'd lose hair.

I haven't told anyone because I've already been called the crazy cat lady. I see little kitties at my local PetSmart and I just go crazy! There were kittens that have been there for a while. A litter or 8 or more I think. Maybe 2 litters together. Some got adopted. Some didn't. This is me:

Oh my God! Look at all the little kitties! Hi kitties! Oh my God! Mom! Look at them! These faces! The eyes! I wanna take all of them home!

At that point, I'm almost in tears with happiness. I get weird looks from the people around me also viewing the kittens and then they walk away.

They were even asking for foster homes and caregivers for them to take care of them at the store. If I didn't have my puppy I'd be there in a heart beat. Think of all the cat ears and the fur! That's heaven. :flail:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not having to worry about a package getting stolen because I had it delivered to an Amazon Locker pickup location. Oh joy, there's one just a block from me!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I love my neighbors, (I live in a duplex townhouse with thin walls.)
But I also love when they are away for the night or for a few days so
I can blast the music. The neighbors belore them who lived there for almost
8 years went nowhere because she had agoraphobia.

It's amazing to turn up the volume. :banana1::musicnote::dance:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Over the weekend I watched the first four seasons of Sex and the City. I received the last ones from the library
yesterday. I put in a request for the first four seasons of Dawson's Creek. :cheerleader:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The smell of a woman's perfume. If I walk past a woman who smells good,it takes restraint to not be mr.creepy and ask what perfume she is wearing and say it smells nice.

That is the definition of "guilty pleasure".

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shopping trip to the Aldi's store. The one in our town hasn't opened yet so we have to drive for an hour. I love to spend money there. I can spend about a hundred bucks and fill up the back end of my Honda CRV.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an obsession with royalty, and always have been fascinated in the way the royal world works. It's got to the point where I'm not even particularly embarrassed about it (I was at first, though) and don't really care about people's reactions :biggrin: I guess it is a bit of an odd thing for a person my age to be interested in. It's a similar situation on name etymology.

I also love romantic reality programmes such First Dates, Don't Tell The Bride, etc (yes, I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic).
Food wise; I love Greggs' (it's a cheap cafe that sells really delicious food, we call it a "greasy spoon" here in the UK but I'm not sure if other countries use that term), Cornish pasties, McDonald's, Burger King, etc...
Shop wise; Home Bargains, the Poundland, Hobbycraft (I just really love looking in arts and crafts shops, even though I don't have a real reason to use their products), and Lidl (especially the bakery section!). I also like looking in music and antique shops.

One of my favourite weekend activities is visiting National Trust properties. My friends say that I'm an old person trapped in a student's body as well as a stereotypical Brit because I could think of anything better to do on a Saturday afternoon than having cream tea at a country house, haha.

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Watching 'hauls' and unboxing videos on Youtube. It doesn't even matter what it's about, doesn't matter if I've never even heard of the company/shop, I can just watch them for hours for some reason. Give me a good $500 wish haul any day!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I have an obsession with royalty, and always have been fascinated in the way the royal world works. It's got to the point where I'm not even particularly embarrassed about it (I was at first, though) and don't really care about people's reactions :biggrin: I guess it is a bit of an odd thing for a person my age to be interested in. It's a similar situation on name etymology.

I also love romantic reality programmes such First Dates, Don't Tell The Bride, etc (yes, I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic).
Food wise; I love Greggs' (it's a cheap cafe that sells really delicious food, we call it a "greasy spoon" here in the UK but I'm not sure if other countries use that term), Cornish pasties, McDonald's, Burger King, etc...
Shop wise; Home Bargains, the Poundland, Hobbycraft (I just really love looking in arts and crafts shops, even though I don't have a real reason to use their products), and Lidl (especially the bakery section!). I also like looking in music and antique shops.

One of my favourite weekend activities is visiting National Trust properties. My friends say that I'm an old person trapped in a student's body as well as a stereotypical Brit because I could think of anything better to do on a Saturday afternoon than having cream tea at a country house, haha.
Yes, we use greasy spoon here in the US and I love them as well.

My guilty pleasure this week was watching the entire Sex and the City series starting with Season 2. I own the first
three seasons and got the other 3 from the library. I was surprised how much I didn't know because of the editing
that was done for time and content.

So today I am going to watch Season one since I began with two. After 20 years I still love this show.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The smell of a woman's perfume. If I walk past a woman who smells good,it takes restraint to not be mr.creepy and ask what perfume she is wearing and say it smells nice.

That is the definition of "guilty pleasure".
Kreatorcat Kreatorcat I used to have a certain perfume that I wore all the time. To work, to dinner, even around the house. It was "my" scent and not a lot of women wore it. But I loved it.

One day, my co-worker from when I worked in the paper plant many years ago was in the local drugstore with his wife. He was bending down looking on a lower shelf for an item. A woman walked by and she was wearing "my" perfume. He immediately straightened-up and said to his wife, "Where's Pam?" His wife remarked that Pam wasn't anywhere around. He said, "Of course she is! I just smelled her!" :lol: People always associated that particular scent with me. Evidently, even at work.

I had just left the supervisor's office when a team leader walked in. He said, "So Pam was in here? I can smell her." People always knew when I was around back then. And while I thought that sometimes, I wore a bit too much of it, people never complained (at least to me) and they always said I smelled so good. Even a new hire noticed one night. I went over to him and introduced myself and we chatted for a few minutes. Later on, somebody mentioned me and he said, "Oh, man, she's the one who smells so good! I just wanna walk over to her and breathe!"

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Kreatorcat Kreatorcat I used to have a certain perfume that I wore all the time. To work, to dinner, even around the house. It was "my" scent and not a lot of women wore it. But I loved it.

One day, my co-worker from when I worked in the paper plant many years ago was in the local drugstore with his wife. He was bending down looking on a lower shelf for an item. A woman walked by and she was wearing "my" perfume. He immediately straightened-up and said to his wife, "Where's Pam?" His wife remarked that Pam wasn't anywhere around. He said, "Of course she is! I just smelled her!" :lol: People always associated that particular scent with me. Evidently, even at work.

I had just left the supervisor's office when a team leader walked in. He said, "So Pam was in here? I can smell her." People always knew when I was around back then. And while I thought that sometimes, I wore a bit too much of it, people never complained (at least to me) and they always said I smelled so good. Even a new hire noticed one night. I went over to him and introduced myself and we chatted for a few minutes. Later on, somebody mentioned me and he said, "Oh, man, she's the one who sm
smells so good! I just wanna walk over to her and breathe!"
So what is the perfume? I am dying to know!!