Guilty Pleasures

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We all have them. Things we don't tell most people.

For example I know someone who used to tell people they did not watch tv
except for Public Television but he watched The Price is Right every time he
had a day off.

This can be anything you like, do, eat, whatever that you may be embarrassed about.

Real Simple

I will start.

I love watching Dawson's Creek. I was in my 40s and caught the reruns one
day and was hooked.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever since I retired I've stayed up as late as I want at night, and slept late in the morning. I guess Chicqui can tell by the difference in my breathing that I'm awake. She comes closer to me in bed and starts licking my hands, and I lay there leisurely, petting her as long as she'll let me. :catrub:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Several reality programmes. I enjoy them because there is no thinking involved on my part. I admit to watching some but not others

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My guilty pleasure is not necessarily watching tv programs but rather sipping a warm, delicious caffe latte. I know it may sound simple but going to a coffee shop, sitting there with a soothing cup of my favorite brew is like heaven for me. :cloud9:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My guilty pleasure is watching the old classic TV shows: Lassie, The Real McCoys, George Burns & Gracie Allen show, Green Acres, Bob Newhart, etc......
Love The Real McCoys!!! Love Grandpa, lol

One of my biggest was actually buying the entire The OC series on DVD. That show was so bad it
was good. They also have an OC board game on Amazon but I knew it would be difficult to find
someone to play with.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hopelessly hooked on Deadliest Catch. How those guys can work in those conditions I'll never know but it's incredible to watch. This is almost certainly the last season, alas. I have all but last season (and this one) on DVD. The DVR has 23 episodes on it right now because I can't bear to delete them and not be able to watch them again and again. I also have Deadliest Catch On Deck and Deadliest Catch Legends on the DVR. Thank goodness it has a huge hard drive!

I like to watch them alone because my husband is always asking questions or making comments. I'm aboard that boat when he does it and I hate being jerked back out of the TV and back into reality.

It's kind of pathetic to be such a junkie but there I am. And I'm not penitent at all.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
haleyds haleyds , congrats on the weight loss! :woohoo:

I have two: cookbooks and nail polish. My cookbook collection is large by my family's standards, but miniscule compared to some people I know (ahem, Mother Dragon Mother Dragon ). I belong to the Cookbook Junkies on FB and some of those people have cookbooks way in the 1,000s! And I knew a woman from a food board who had over 10,000 cookbooks; she had put an addition on her house and called it her Cookbook Library. (I aspire to be one of those people who has the room for a Cookbook Library.)

And nail polish. Seriously, I'm addicted to nail polish. We used to have a cabinet in the kitchen that held bells, but when we did the kitchen over, we took the cabinet to the bedroom, where it now houses some of my bottles of polish. Cremes, frosts, glitters, metallics, holographics, I love them all. And when I realized that I could buy nail polish at Amazon? :paperbag: Many brands are not available around here, but the big A carries them.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flavored coffee creamers. I bought groceries today and got Almond Joy creamer. Can't wait to try it in the morning. I don't like the fact that the liquid ones cool my coffee down too much. I usually use the powdered ones that don't have to be refrigerated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Taco Bell. :lol:
Oh, yeah, T. Bell is sooooo good. It's only a bit before 10 am here but I could chow down
on at least 3.

My in-laws were both from Italy and my mother-in-law taught me a lot about cooking.
I used to cook all the wonderful dishes from Southern Italy. I love Italian restaurants
as well, but my guilty:lolup: pleasure is Chef Boy-R-Dee Mini raviolis in the can. There is
something about them that tastes wonderful. :dunno:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I like playing video games. I know I'm too old for it, but I like playing my Wii and my 3DS, and all the classics N64, gameboy, gamecube. I love Nintendo. Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing are my go-to's.

I'm definitely embarrassed letting people know that I "waste time" playing video games. Like other people don't "waste time" watching tv? :hmmm: Or messing around on their phones, computers, iPads? But whatever...

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like playing video games. I know I'm too old for it, but I like playing my Wii and my 3DS, and all the classics N64, gameboy, gamecube. I love Nintendo. Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing are my go-to's.

I'm definitely embarrassed letting people know that I "waste time" playing video games. Like other people don't "waste time" watching tv? :hmmm: Or messing around on their phones, computers, iPads? But whatever...
I LOVE harvest moon and animal crossing lol. I love Pokémon as well but never got into the games surprisingly. There's no shame, it's so relaxing :lol:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Cozy (including cat) mysteries. Generally my tastes run to non-fiction, like true crime, biographies and history.
You sound exactly like me! I rarely read fiction, preferring true murder stories, but I've gotten into the Annie's Attic series--totally unlike me--but I find them refreshing.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My guilty pleasure is not necessarily watching tv programs but rather sipping a warm, delicious caffe latte. I know it may sound simple but going to a coffee shop, sitting there with a soothing cup of my favorite brew is like heaven for me. :cloud9:
I do the same, except with tea and perhaps sharing a large cupcake or slice of cheesecake with DH. We go to the local Barnes & Noble cafe, and look through books and magazines. Sometimes, on a day off, I'll treat myself (alone), but it's not as much fun as it is with him there. It's actually our birthday tradition. We go out to dinner in a nice restaurant, go to B&N for dessert, then to the local jewelry store to buy my gift. Yeah, we're boring. As. Ditch. Water. :lol2:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Going out very occasionally for a decadent treat is my guilty pleasure. A friend and I go to the Cheesecake Factory about once a month. We go in the middle of the afternoon and get cheesecake. It's outrageously overpriced and so not healthy but that is what a guilty pleasure is all about.