Guilty Pleasures

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a perfume like that. I absolutely loved it. It was my 'signature' fragrance.
I could wear it everywhere, and no one was allergic to it.

It always made me feel good, to spritz it on. I loved it. A little, lasted all day. Just like
Winchester Winchester ~ it was 'my' scent. I was the only person around who had discovered this particular perfume.

I always heard compliments about the scent. Alas, when the government passed very strict laws regarding perfume ingredients, the scent changed. Probably a good thing for animals; however, the product now smells like bug spray....

I still have a tiny bit left of the original formula. I am savoring that.

The perfume, was "Tova" I had originally ordered it on a whim, from QVC. I never regretted that decision.

It was just the 'cleanest' scent I could ever find.. yet, so intoxicating.. so light, that I could wear it while I was working in~~~ hospital. I got so many compliments, even from patients.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to wear Romance by Ralph Lauren but cannot afford it now. I wear Tommy Girl which is lovely and
my sister gives me a lot of the body mists from Bath&Body Works. I get TG from Amazon for a lot less than
in a department store.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The scent that I used to wear was a very musky scent. Everybody seemed to really like it.

When I got older and told it was time to let the scent go because it was too young for me, I went with a vanilla-type fragrance. People liked it, but told me right out, it wasn't as nice as the musk that I had used.

My DIL gave me a green tea scent (I don't remember what it was and so I can't find it) that I loved.

Now I use Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea Nectarine Blossom.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm dating myself here but does anyone remember the old ones? Tabu? oh God that was frightful! :cold:
And Heaven Scent? Charlie? Bonne Bell had some as well but I can't remember the names.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm dating myself here but does anyone remember the old ones? Tabu? oh God that was frightful! :cold:
And Heaven Scent? Charlie? Bonne Bell had some as well but I can't remember the names.
I remember Tabu, Heaven Scent, Charlie and a perfume that Elizabeth Taylor made but I can't remember the name. I liked the smell of Heaven Scent but did not use it much.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't have much money when I was growing up but my dad bought my mom a bottle of Chanel 5.
I was sniffing it and dropped the bottle.... it broke and shattered. My mother cried for a long time.
I was only about 5 or so but I felt so bad, and guilty.:bawling:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember Tabu, Heaven Scent, Charlie and a perfume that Elizabeth Taylor made but I can't remember the name. I liked the smell of Heaven Scent but did not use it much.
Is the one you're trying to think of by Elizabeth Taylor called White Diamonds? She has made quite a few.

I used to wear Emeraude. It was the first perfume I'd ever gotten from a boyfriend. Now I use Beautiful and Channel 5, gifts from a current boyfriend.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the one you're trying to think of by Elizabeth Taylor called White Diamonds? She has made quite a few.

I used to wear Emeraude. It was the first perfume I'd ever gotten from a boyfriend. Now I use Beautiful and Channel 5, gifts from a current boyfriend.
Yes, I looked it up and she had several bottles of perfume. It was probably expensive. I liked Elizabeth Taylor. I thought she was beautiful and she had class. Several women in my office used Emeraude.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember Tabu, Charlie and Bonnie Bell. Remember Love's Baby Soft? I think I bought some of that for DD when she was a preteen. Anyone remember the commercial for Enjoli? I used to love Calvin Klein's Obsession.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

I want your boyfriend! ;)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I've been eating one of my favorite comfort foods. Spaghettios. They used to be called Franco American
but now Campbells. Soooo good.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been eating one of my favorite comfort foods. Spaghettios. They used to be called Franco American
I remember when they were Franco American too. I like the ones with the sliced hot dogs. Anyone remember Chef Boyardee roller coasters? Those were my favorites

upload_2018-3-21_7-7-53.jpeg

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I have a can of Trader Joe's Organic version of Speghetti-o's...
It called "Joe-O's". I tried a sample in the store. It is just as good as I remember it to be....

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I have a can of Trader Joe's Organic version of Speghetti-o's...
It called "Joe-O's". I tried a sample in the store. It is just as good as I remember it to be....
Did you buy it in a regular grocery store?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Did you buy it in a regular grocery store?
No, I bought it at Trader Joe's.. I think I saw an organic version, in the regular grocery store: Amys-O's... not sure of name, but it is by the organic company: Amy.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked Spaghetti-o's when I was a kid but my favorite was Chef Boyardee spaghetti. I will have to look for a organic version next time I go shopping.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I liked Spaghetti-o's when I was a kid but my favorite was Chef Boyardee spaghetti. I will have to look for a organic version next time I go shopping.
I still like Chef Boyardee. :paperbag: I had the mini-raviolis the other night for dinner. :clap:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I have an over-whelming desire to read some Nancy Drew books. I was
reading a book and one the main character's daughter was reading one.
I can remember reading sooo many of them as a child.