Elsa's babies

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, this is all such good news!

What a lovely success story about Elsa's family! Will she be leaving too? You'll have to share final pictures just before they go!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

irishmammy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I miss my baby but I know it was the right decision for her.

It would be amazing if we could foster her new mom and family when Elsa leaves ....but would Silky realise? Obviously the wouldn't be in the same room but would be close.

irishmammy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, Elsa will go to be spayed and a home has already been found for her too.

Don't worry there were be at least a few thousand more photos!!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many kittens does Pippin's foster mom have? Sounds like that arrangement could be feasible. Unless there's another pregnant cat who needs you more?

irishmammy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pippin's foster mom has 4 of her own plus Mac and Pippin so 6 in total but she's very confident and appears experienced so is managing very well with 6. Her 4 were big chunky babies (bigger at 2 days than Pippin at 10!!)

The person who found Elsa as a stray has asked to adopt her when she was finished raising her kittens. She will be a wonderful pet as she's such a lovely girl.

irishmammy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is currently another pregnant mama in the shelter that shares my name (they named her after me! Lol) so it's possible she might come to us instead of Sully, Pippin's foster mama.

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Such great news! And exciting to think the fostering will continue, thanks for taking us with you on this journey!

irishmammy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey all
It's confirmed Elsa's babies are leaving on Tuesday. Elsa will be staying with me a few days longer till her spay appointment as they have no room in the cattery for her. Then she will go to her new home.

I hope she's ok on Tuesday and won't be too upset about her babies leaving. Is there an easy way to do it?

Silky had a good day in terms of feeding. All 4 kittens gained weight. They aren't the cleanest though so I gave them a wash and replaced all their bedding to freshen them up.

The kittens ears have popped open and they are trying hard to use them! We also have some very wobbly crawling up off the belly. They just turned 2 weeks tonight!
20170427_204422.jpg
20170427_204203.jpg
20170427_204144.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
irishmammy irishmammy

How sweet at 2 weeks! :redheartpump:

Elsa will probably be miserable after her babies leave looking for them and calling for them. She'll be uncomfortable with her milk backing up. This is always sad! Babies miss mom too! :(

Last edited:

irishmammy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They said no to staggering the kittens as the new owners had already been told about Tuesday and they have been waiting a long time so are very keen to meet their babies.

I'm bringing Elsa in on Thursday evening to be spayed on Friday.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Will Elsa recuperate with you? Or is that it?

We want pictures before they all go!

irishmammy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, she's going to her new home then so that'll be it. I'll get photos over the weekend.. ..we have a big family day tomorrow (youngest son is making his communion) so bit hectic here at the moment. Don't worry though, there will be pics!

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw poor Elsa that's a lot of change all at once. But she seems like a tough girl I'm sure she'll get through it. Hopefully the new homes will provide updates for us!