Elsa's babies

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You've been quite busy!

Are your children back in school now? Ours have started classes here in the U.S. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

irishmammy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all
Sorry been mad busy getting back into our routine now that the kids are back in school!

My house is quiet for the first time in over 6 months. All the kittens (Sooty, Chance, Mabel and Sophie) have gone to their new homes. Mabel and Chance went together, which I love to see.

Silky has finally been adopted too! She had quite a wait but now has her own home.

Do you remember little Timmy? He was one of Elsa's babies, born on March 8th. He was surrendered back to the shelter and is looking for another home. (No fault of Timmys, he's a fabulous handsome boy.)

Sminky my Siamese girl is really struggling with the litter tray. She sometimes manages to get the poo into the tray but always stands at the corner so sometimes it goes out over the side. She doesn't bury it - doesn't even try!

She won't pee in the tray at all. Pees on my carpet or if I leave out those absorbent puppy training pads, she'll pee on that. Luckily I have found the most amazing spray for neutralizing the pee as otherwise my room would stink!!

Is there any way I can teach her to use the tray?! She's thought to be about 5 years old so not a young kitten by any means. She's very nervous so while I thought about putting her into a crate for a bit, I'm not sure she'd handle it.

Timmy @ 6 months
20170905_191721.jpg

Timmy as a kitten
FB_IMG_1505156434318.jpg

Sminky
20170912_103011.jpg

Attachments

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Timmy is gorgeous! His adult shape is amazing, reminds me of a Maine coone! Just catching up on all your updates, wonderful news :) I'm glad everything has worked out so well. For sminky you could try a litter box with tall walls so that her but can't hang over when she poops. As for her urinating there are "cat attract" products that you can add to litter to make them want to go to the bathroom there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

irishmammy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions. We've been doing really well. Combination of a crate, 2 litter trays, new litter, high sided litter box and we are having lots of successes! She's using the trays every time (though still overshoots the low tray...need to give her another high sided or maybe just take the low one away!)

She's burying her poo in the new litter. Yay! I'm taking it slowly, one change at a time. We've all the time in the world to get this right!

Timmy was offered a new home so he's gone off again. He is extremely handsome so it's not surprising!

My 5 girls!

IMG_20170921_005317_061.jpg

Sminky happy in her crate
20170921_193856.jpg