Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning we got an urgent message from Nancy . She is the lady that is caring for the colony that Mia came from, they are outside of her house. Two of the ferals came into her house a month ago. One was friendly and was spayed. The other lives under her couch all day and comes out when no one is present. Well apparently she was pregnant. She had kittens under Nancy's couch at 430 this morning. She is only 8 months herself and she did NOT want these babies. She was growling and hissing and having nothing to do with them. We went over and found 4 cold kittens. One with the placenta still attached. We tried to use them as bait to trap the mom but she went to the trap and growled at the kitten. It became obvious that she wasn't going to mother them so we pulled them, got them warmed up and now they are with our bottle feeder. She has colostrum for them- I didnt even know you could buy that!
Here they are! Mom will be spayed ASAP
IMG_7286.jpg
IMG_7273.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Pursey, dream you deep. Your silver shadow will walk in more hearts than you can every know.

OH WHAT PRECIOUS BABIES! Yes, VERY good thing that you have feeders lined up. Poor Baby Mama (boy is that phrase appropriate!). She just had no clue. She will be far, far happier now, and her precious little Ink Blots will have a chance for wonderful homes.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! those little kittens were so lucky. I wish I could praise your post twice, once for the kittens and once for your fantastic manicure. Did you do that yourself?

Sorry, random off topic girly moment here.

:crazy:
No, I am not that skilled! lol I had them done! Every now and then I do something for myself!

Tiny ink blot bottle babies are doing great- gaining every day!
Mia is STILL Pregnant! I want to touch her belly so bad to feel the babies but that is DEFINITELY a no no lol

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
This feral girl was ironically named snow white by her caregiver. She was at an unsafe location and was brought inside to try to socialize, it's been several months and that hasn't happened. She will be spayed today and combo tested and returned to her crate inside until we can find a safe barn home for her. I have a lead on one fingers crossed!
Resized_20180404_180943_3067.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good to hear that our Big Boy won't be out fighting and loving any more! I imagine that it will be a relief to him, as well. Nothing to do but hunt and snooze in sunpuddles!

What a pretty girl "Snow White" is! It's a pity that she didn't socialize.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
HOW IS MOMMA MIA STILL PREGNANT?
I am starting to think maybe she isn't and she just swallowed a watermelon seed lol
20180407_195211.jpg
20180407_195148.jpg

She is HUGE! These pictures don't even do her justice. I mean HUGE.
I cleaned her crate out yesterday and when she stood up to hobble over to the other end that I wasn't cleaning I was so shocked by how low her belly is!
I would be worried but she is still eating and drinking and using the litter box... no way to tell if she is in pain because I can't touch her and she generally doesn't move when I see her lol.
Someone asked if I had taken her to a vet, but there would be no point. They would have to sedate her to do anything and that would put the babies at risk. I haven't really been able to see the babies move but its hard for me to tell... she hides herself as much as she can when I am there lol.