Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I actually (years ago) got through to a feral by reading "The Rubaiyat of Omar Khyyam to her, repeatedly. I think she really like the very end, that says,

Yon rising Moon that looks for us again -
How oft hereafter will she wax and wane;
How oft hereafter rising look for us
Through this same Garden – and for one in vain!

And when like her, oh Sáki, you shall pass
Among the Guests Star-scatter'd on the Grass,
And in your joyous errand reach the spot
Where I made One – turn down an empty Glass!

She seemed to like it. And she eventually went off to a lovely home, where she lived for a good 16 years after I worked with her. She must have been just over 20 when the Moon looked for her in vain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, I sit with her a couple of hours a day and talk to her. She "hides" as much as she can with that watermelon belly and mostly doesnt move. Every now and then I get a couple promising blinks. But when I have to get in the cage to feed or clean we are back to hissing and spitting. So we arent quite there yet lol

I am going out of town tomorrow. So she will probably have them then- go figure. And the baby monitor I ordered wont be here until tomorrow evening after we are gone so I cant even check in on her that way.
Tomorrow we are driving three ferals that needed relocated to a feral cat sanctuary and then in turn we are getting 14 friendly kittens and a mom from them to adopt out. (7 kittens 7 weeks old, no mom and one mom with 7 kittens) apparently this is the year for large litters. Apparently the 7 kittens that are 7 weeks old are coming from a mom that had ELEVEN KITTENS. And they all survived! They were getting rid of the kittens in a parking lot when this rescue got them, they had already given away 4. They are getting the mom spayed.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! It is going to be a very long day. I work tonight then when I get off we are getting the three ferals crated up and ready to go. Then we are traveling three hours down, we will probably be there a few hours (I actually am from this town so I am planning on visiting my mom briefly while I am there) then heading back three hours with kittens and mom then attempting to sleep a couple of hours then I work that night too :sleep::sleep::help: lol

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I walked back and found 7 kittens. She is pissed with my presence lol. I hope she is done. It must have been a very fast labor .everyone is still wet, I feel like normally my mom's have time to clean everyone off in between. I hope she is done!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seven! She will settle soon. Weigh all seven and make sure they are nursing well before you leave tomorrow. There are sure to be runts. Leave mom plenty of food too!

Will she let you replace the bedding tonight?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Woo hoo. :banana1:
Mia must have heard you were going out of town, so had her babies before you left. Then again, she does look rather angry in that pic. Maybe she thought you were already gone. ;)

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
She is settled and nursing! With some tails for you tail junkies ;)
Resized_20180410_210057_269.jpg

She let me get three of them out to weigh before she got too pissed lol.
These three had GREAT birth weights. Little black is 95, by sight he looked the smallest. Tortie was 100 and the tux was 108!
Resized_20180410_210027_1988.jpg
Resized_20180410_210023_8488.jpg
Resized_20180410_210022_9407.jpg
Resized_20180410_205932_6561.jpg

This ones little toes!
Resized_20180410_205902_7881.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh of course! I am a picture junkie lol.
I am hoping to get weights on everyone tomorrow and better pictures before we leave!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We'll see if I come home this morning and there are still only seven! Like I said I am not sure if I walked in while she was still in labor and she stopped because I frightened her... Fingers crossed it is only seven! lol Seven was my guess from the beginning!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Well momma Mia has made it clear that I will not be touching her babies today lol. Now that they are cleaned and fluffy I see that there are two adorable dilute torties. It looks like 2 solid black and three tuxedos. I grabbed one of the torties to weigh and get pictures and she swatted at me, gathered her remaining babies and laid on them to hide them from me lol. That's my best guess on numbers...