Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
She'll be going back to Clyde's 48 hours after her spay is the plan for now!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
She certainly is beautiful! I had posted this picture of her on Clyde's porch a couple months ago... I believe she is the only calico there. The lady that TNR'd here a couple years ago said there was a tortie here that she spayed but I haven't seen her...
IMG_4850.jpg

Her spay went well... there was a little complication before the spay. I guess the sedative that they gave her before they got her out of the trap was not the correct doseage and she was too awake and got very frightened and bit one of the techs. So now we are supposed to quarantine her for 10 days per law for rabies. She will stay with us for 2 days and then I might see if I can set her up in one of the rooms at Clyde's for the other 8 days...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
She is so pretty! It's a pity she's a bit too wild to consider re-homing. Oh well, I guess she gets a few extra days indoors to recover from her spay.

Poor vet tech! I hope he/she is OK.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I know... maybe after her quarantine she will be a little more receptive of us... Nemo and Smokey Joe are definitely two that I think would be easy to socialize. Any that I can get out of there will make it so much easier on Clyde... He is still admitted to the hospital as of now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is beautiful. I hope she does not get too crazy or depressed being quarantined. It really does not sound necessary, but I guess you need to follow orders.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree, Sarthur2 Sarthur2 , but I suppose from a "better safe than sorry" standpoint, ANY animal that does not have proof of vaccine and who bites should be quarantined, just in case.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I am hoping she will be ok if we just quarantine her to a room in his house so that she is familiar... she is doing great today, eating and everything!
Our next appointment is next Thursday and we will be trapping next Wednesday! We still have the drop trap from the other rescue so I am hoping we can get the long haired gray and white one whom I believe to be a girl and the momma of the long haired black and whites!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Got an update from David- he is the caregiver of Park Colony that started this thread. He said he sees the older kittens every day now, there are three of them. Which is good because we will have to trap them for spays/neuters soon. I hadn't seen them before but they weren't coming around when we were there daily. They are probably too old for socializing now... He said Elise (the main momma) must have been attacked by something, but she is healing. I am going to see if I can get out there soon and see her to see if we need to trap her and get her to the vet. She is the last female (to my knowledge) anyway so she needs trapped regardless. Once some of the trapping craziness calms down at Clyde's I would like to start trapping at Park Colony again soon.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully I can go out one day soon and assess her. She needs spayed anyway so if we can trap her and get her to the vet that would be the best anyway!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I went out to our Sabraton Colony (Clyde's) today. I brought my camera because I want to get a better idea of how many cats we have left and it seems like there are a lot of different black and white cats so I figured pictures would be best. It was a lot less overwhelming to me to sit there and watch the cats come and go and see all of the ear tips! We saw a good many cats today and only saw three that still need altered! I know there are lots more that still need done, but we are getting there! Now for the pictures
IMG_5748.jpg

Everyone's favorite, Nemo!
IMG_5750.jpg
Jeeves!

IMG_5754.jpg
This is a new black and white cat, I think it is a girl and I am a little worried that she looks pregnant? Maybe she just eats a lot lol
IMG_5771.jpg
Nemo being cute again
IMG_5773.jpg
Jeeves and Nemo
IMG_5789.jpg
Smokey Joe
IMG_5808.jpg
Olive!
IMG_5809.jpg
Dottie! The one Black and White girl who is already spayed!
IMG_5816.jpg

Not named yet, we suspect it is a girl though!
We also saw Benny today, which was nice. It was the first time seeing him since we had him neutered. He was the blond and white medium hair boy. We saw one more black and white cat while we were here too, I know it was diffferent because Dottie has a spot on her nose and chin, the other one we got a picture of has a spot on her chin and this other one had a spot on her nose. I wish I would have gotten a picture. I think there are 5 black and white cats. We also saw the gray and white that I think is a boy that we havent gotten yet but I had a picture of him before... here it is
IMG_4812.jpg

I am a little less overwhelmed knowing we have trapped 11 cats from this colony in a few short months! (I am counting the three kittens we caught and removed).

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're making wonderful progress. :thumbsup:

Hopefully the chubby girl isn't pregnant. And if she is, hopefully you can get her trapped so her babies are born with you, and then can be easily socialized.

Love seeing Nemo. As I scrolled down the pics, I'm like "isn't that Nemo, again", and it was. :biggrin:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I just love them all so much! We have a spay appointment Thursday so we are going to be trapping Wednesday. I think I will try to get the black and white girl. I think it is going to be more likely that I catch the grey and white long hair though, she has been hanging out around me more. We are going to use the drop trap again, I still have it borrowed from the other rescue, I really need to buy my own though- they are awesome!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
pleasepleaseplease let the little dancer (I call her that because she is wearing go-go boots!) NOT be pregnant! It is such a perilous time of year for her to give birth!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Finally got a decent picture of Mr. Fluff. Mr Fluff is Clyde's favorite cat! I know we arent supposed to have favorites but Fluff was Clyde's original cat, he actually was his late wife's cat. Fluff has been neutered for a while now and is social and hangs around but I haven't been able to pet him yet.
IMG_5845.jpg

I have been spoiling/bribing this colony with wet food this week to get them more used to me so I can see how many more we have left. We are trapping tomorrow evening! I am going to ask my vet about getting some antibiotics for Nemo... I think we *should* be able to get some in his wet food every day. He is the first one to come out to eat when I put the wet food down.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mr. Fluff is gorgeous. But he does have a sad or weary look in his eyes. Maybe he's missing Clyde.

What's wrong with little Nemo?