Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
We also met with the lady of the "small" colony of 5 today. She is very nice, they are at her house in a trailer park. I only got glimpses of them as they ran but she thinks two of them have potential to be adoptable, one is a pretty dilute calico from her description. There are 3 girls and 2 boys. We are going to make them up a shelter or two to put on their porch out of a Styrofoam cooler and a Rubbermaid tote and some straw and then we will start getting appointments for their spays/neuters!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's too bad about the rain. I tried doing TNR in the monsoon season this year and it was a total disaster. :lol: I should have known better really.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
So someone adopted one of our former ferals and apparently he somehow has gotten into their duct work? I am not sure how that happened, but it is done now. Any tips for getting him out? They said he is peeing in there and its so cold and they can't turn the heat on. I advised them to warm up some tuna and set a humane trap and put a little trail from the vent to the trap and then leave the house. I am not sure what else to tell them. They are a little over an hour away or I would just go over and try to coax him out myself- I still might if they haven't gotten him out soon. He has been in there for two days, so he has to be hungry...

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
They took apart their furnace and were able to get him out- THANK GOD. I am also so thankful that they are willing to crate him for a week or so and give him a chance. Some people would have just sent him back!
Also we went out again to trap the remaining two tuxedo kittens with no luck... we were there for several hours. I am hoping they are someplace warm, we may just have to try again when it is a little warmer. I am not sure if we will be able to go out tomorrow because we are going to a different location to try to catch 4 other kittens. Sigh.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Phew! :sweat: Good thing they got him out and giving him another chance. I hope they block up other places before they use the same excuse to not own him.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I know :/ and I warned them he would be scared and hide for at least a week because he was a former feral. He hid here the first month. I am not sure why they didn't block that access off before. But I am glad that they are going to put him in a dog crate, that is what I had to do the first month with him.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens are at locations where they are being fed and have shelter. I am just concerned, it is supposed to get down to 15 next week.

On a more positive note Ghost is doing AMAZING! He purred today! You can go to Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue and watch the video I just put up of him. He is a little hesitant still about me petting his head and he likes to swat my hand with his paw but he does it with claws in !

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank goodness those little mites have each other to snuggle up with. That may well be what saves them.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my. So tonight.... I was supposed to trap at this lady named Lindas house. She has 4 small kittens under her porch from the colony down the road. I have been able to trap at this colony for about three years. The caretaker/ feeder who's house it is is very stubborn and uncooperative and said he would scare the cats out of the traps/let them out etc.
So tonight We went to Linda's to trap the 4 kittens under her porch. Well they weren't there but when I looked down on Ralphs porch I saw a small kitten. Since he was inside I went down and set a kitten trap and was able to get it. I brought it up to Linda and she said it definitely wasn't one of hers . So I'm not sure if there are more little kittens at his or not... sigh. I'm coming back tomorrow evening to try Linda's again and maybe secretly trapping his if I see any more

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Look at this cutie! Probably only 8 weeks old. Not very feral, she lets me pet her through the trap. Before I trapped her she let me get pretty close before running. She will tame quickly...
20171207_175721.jpg

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Looks like Linda’s house is another bag of surprise!

Wonder why the caretaker/feeder is scaring the cats out of the cage. Could the cats be his? :think:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Ralph is very old fashioned and thinks they are happier this way. I've been arguing with him for years. Someone called thr city on this colony so I think I can convince him of if I tell him the city wants to remove them... I'm working on a plan now.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We had been going by pretty regularly and arguing with him but I decided to refocus my attention on colonies where I was welcome to trap..

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Think better not argue with him. He might be just making you entertain him by arguing with him. I know people like that and they find it fulfilling their ego and these people just waste your time.

Yea, best is concentrate on your trapping.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
She is a cute little girl, I think she will socialize easily. She let me pick her up out of the trap to flea treat and worm her ( she has a HUGE wormy belly). We will be that way tomorrow evening to try to get Linda's 4 kittens again... she said they are even smaller than this girl and this girl is small :/ so they have to be 6-7 weeks. They definitely will freeze next week. And then again if I see anymore kittens of this size at his house tomorrow we will be trapping that way again without permission. He rents so it isn't really his property anyway and we are trapping on the sidewalk... so I don't think it is illegal? lol. Either way someone did call the city on them and the city told me to trap and remove as I please because he is breaking codes.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It can be really hard to convince people that TNR is the best option for these cats. I've had a few run-ins with elderly locals myself. Good to know the city is on your side.

That little kitten is such a sweetie! Lucky that you got her so young.