Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the city does not want them TNR'd... The city wants them trapped and put into foster homes. Which is not realistic. We have hard enough times finding fosters for social young kittens let alone feral adults. For now my priority is the babies. I am going to have to figure out the adults later. I don't think they are at risk if we do TNR them because I don't think that the city cares too much unless someone else complains...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
On a more positive note Ghost is doing AMAZING! He purred today! You can go to Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue and watch the video I just put up of him. He is a little hesitant still about me petting his head and he likes to swat my hand with his paw but he does it with claws in !
Awwww... so happy to see Ghost is doing well. For anyone who, like me, forgot which kitty he is, he's the sweetie pie with the previously-broken leg. Here's the video, as well, for anyone who might have missed the link in ashade1's post.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
No luck trapping at either location tonight unfortunately...
Our two new charges are doing better though! The tuxedo is going to be a tougher nut to crack but he/she is coming out more. The tabby is adorable. She was purring when I was holding her already today.
IMG_5634.jpg
IMG_5638.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Well the city does not want them TNR'd... The city wants them trapped and put into foster homes. Which is not realistic. We have hard enough times finding fosters for social young kittens let alone feral adults. For now my priority is the babies. I am going to have to figure out the adults later. I don't think they are at risk if we do TNR them because I don't think that the city cares too much unless someone else complains...
Yea, it’s tough job by trapping them and to get them into foster homes isn’t another challenge. Looks like the city needs to take a look at other options.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Awwww... so happy to see Ghost is doing well. For anyone who, like me, forgot which kitty he is, he's the sweetie pie with the previously-broken leg. Here's the video, as well, for anyone who might have missed the link in ashade1's post.
That’s great to see Ghost doing so well!
69C7631A-EA8B-4DC4-8437-A776EB7257C5.gif

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can totally see the anxiety in the tuxedo's eyes, whereas the tabby has the "I need a hug" look in hers. :catrub:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That little tabby is a doll. I've seldom seen a sweeter face.

Good luck on getting those kittens! I'm fretting over them.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Still nothing... hours and hours spent trapping this week and only two of the 8 known kittens caught. I was hoping to have more progress.
So Clyde came home this past Wednesday, he was doing great. We were still coming by daily to help him feed and water the cats... well today we came by and he called an ambulance to take him back to the hospital. He is not feeling well again. They admitted him as Observation for now. I hope he gets better soon, his cats sure do miss him!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We all have weeks like that.

:alright:

Don't let it get you down, I'm sure your perseverance will pay off in the end. Hope Clyde is feeling better soon.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
At least I got two of them I suppose. And really had I caught all of them I probably would be feeling extremely overwhelmed right now. I just pray they are staying warm...
We are trapping at Clyde's on Monday for an appointment Tuesday. I am borrowing a drop trap, I am fairly certain we can catch one of the ones I believe are girls if we set the drop trap in the kitchen and I sit in his chair in the living room.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
An update on the two black and white fluffy kittens we got from Clyde's house... they are doing great! Look how healthy! And friendly! I am so glad that this rescue was able to take them in!
FB_IMG_1512932459234.jpg
FB_IMG_1512932449737.jpg
FB_IMG_1512932447190.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Finally caught the calico girl! Been trying for WEEKS. Borrowed the drop trap and caught her in less than 5 minutes! So happy! Named her Izzy. I think she is Nemos mom... He resembles her.
IMG_01761.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks injured. Was she going nuts when first trapped? I hope she's settled down now. Poor kitty.

You should put a piece of cardboard on the floor of the trap. It's more comfortable on their paws.

Happy you got her though!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah that is just from her losing her mind when the drop trap came down, she is fine now! Benny did the same thing a couple of weeks ago! She settled really quickly when we put the blanket on top. I put two puppy pads in after to make it more comfortable for them! I don't put them in before because I worry about them messing with the trigger plate.