Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
So change of plans, long story but we didn't trap at Clydes this morning. Instead we are out trapping the three tuxedo kittens that are in a buisness parking lot. The caretaker finally got ahold of us today and we are out trapping now, we already caught one! I'm a little worried about catching two and not catching the third... It it doesn't get too cold tonight so i think if we do catch another one and dont have time to catch the third it would be fine tonight and we can try again tomorrow, but it only gets colder this week...
20171204_164121.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Well we only caught one little guy/gal tonight. We could only stay about an hour and a half because I had to go in to work at 7 tonight. We will be going out tomorrow night when I can stay longer and it will be colder. Teddi from MSNAP said they would pay for moms spay if we end up catching her while trying to get the kittens. Hopefully we can get the other two tomorrow night, it is only getting colder this week :/ I am guessing them to be 12 weeks old, I don't know how they have survived this long with the cold and the place they are living isn't the safest. It is in a parking lot by a busy road. I tried to scruff this kitten when we got it home to see gender and put flea meds and wormer but he/she is older than the feral kittens I have handled before and it was not having it lol. I set him/her up in a crate and we will try again later lol.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
They are all tuxedos. The person feeding them thinks all three are still alive, she used to see them all together but now she usually sees them one at a time. I saw another kitten when I was checking the traps in the alley but I think I spooked it because it never went into the trap before we left. It had a white streak on its face. Then the girl who feeds them said before she left work, (after we left) she saw another one and it didn't have any white on its face, so maybe all of them are still alive!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
And lets hope we catch both of the siblings tomorrow!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
What do you think if I only catch one tomorrow? Do you think the last one will be ok? There is a Styrofoam shelter with straw and the mom is still there somewhere as well as three younger cats from her last litter apparently.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, just go for it. I don't see that you have much choice. Get who you can.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, go for it. Even if you just catch one it's still worth doing.

Do you have Feliway spray? I squirt my hands with that when I handle new rescues. They're less likely to freak out, particularly the younger ones.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I had tried the Feliway diffusers one time, but I haven't gotten the spray before... I will have to get some and try it!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Out trying to catch the other two tuxedos now! It's raining so I'm not sure how much luck we will have!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
No luck tonight, I think they were hiding somewhere out of the rain (I hope). No rain tomorrow so hopefully we can get them both then! The weather is in the 30s after tomorrow for the rest of the week and next so I so hope we can get them. Fingers Crossed.