Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This doesn't sound good, but...Clyde has those cats to live and get better for. Sometimes that makes all of the difference between "come home" and "never come home." I shall light a candle for Clyde, for you, and for those cats!
000000000000000.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking over the care of Clyde's cats has been as great as I was hoping! Most of the cats hang around when they see our car pull up now and many will eat while we are still there! I am confident that this will help us when we are trapping this Monday- we have to catch 4, which I am a little nervous about!
Here are 4 of them eating this morning while I was filling food and water bowls!
20171125_143601.jpg

Starting at the bottom we have little Nemo. As soon as a couple more of our adults get adopted he will be coming home with me... Then this gray and white fluffball I believe is the mother to the two black and white long haired kittens we caught. It just looks like a girl to me. I am hoping to catch her soon. Next in line I believe is a big tom cat that still needs neutered. He is a handsome tuxedo. He used to run and run fast and far when he saw us. Now he runs but then stops and watches lol. Finally at the top of the picture is Clyde's favorite cat, Mr Fluff. Mr Fluff was one of Clyde's original pets. He got hit by a car many many years ago and lost his tail as a result.
I got to talk to Clyde on the phone today and I let him know I was still stopping and feeding every day. He is so happy. I told him we were going to try to catch 4 cats on Monday and I would update him on which ones we caught. He laughed and said the big tom cats would always run around in the yard when it was raining and then hop up in his lap to cuddle and get him soaked lol.
We are still needing some funds to help with the spaying/neutering this Tuesday... just a reminder if you were thinking about donating you can here Please Help Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue.
The clinic we are going to is $35 for males, $50 for females!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! By my count of the ones I regularly see and can remember there about 8 cats that still need fixed. Three of those ones I am certain are girls. I am not sure if there are many more that I do not see, or how many solid black cats that I am counting as one. It is hard to see an ear tip when they are running lol.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't remember how you found out about and got involved with Clyde's cats, but it was such good timing, with him ending up ill and being hospitalized. You are not only helping the cats, you are easing Clyde's mind so he can concentrate on getting well.
Clyde's cats are gorgeous, btw. Good luck trapping on Monday. :petcat:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I am still a little anxious about trapping 4 cats tomorrow but I guess if it comes to it we will be trapping all night!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Well so far this morning we have caught three cats... that we have already trapped and altered. Go figure. The two black cats Jackson and Olive, and of Course Mr. NEMO had to go in a trap this morning as well. Sigh. Hopefully that gets them out of the way and now we can catch some new cats!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have to admit that I am entranced with that lovely long-haired dilute tux! She looks "girly" to me, too, but I've been wrong before. Just sent you a tiny bit to help, just wish it could have been much, MUCH more!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Every little bit helps a LOT! THANK YOU! We caught one of the grey and white short haired cats, I've suspected it to be a boy, but he isnt sharing that info lol. I'll post a picture later, off to get KFC to try to entice them!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Shy, is s/he? Well, you'll get it figured out! I still have no clue what Little Bit's kittens are, and wasn't even sure about Little Bit till she showed up with the family in tow! Dear LORD, I wish there were TNR groups here! There are so many "Wanderers" in the area. But no, it's Trap/Kill here. Any cat that isn't demonstrably domestic within 24 hours of trapping is murdered. I canNOT call the killing of a healthy animal "euthanasia."

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my. What a long night. These cats clearly miss Clyde very much. So we first caught this adorable short haired gray and white cat. I am assuming male because s/he is very large.
IMG_5350.jpg

Then we reset traps and left to get KFC. When we came back we caught this gorgeous long haired blond and white cat. S/he is so upset that they banged themself on the sides of the cages and got a bloody nose/mouth. Poor baby.
IMG_5346.jpg

Then I rebaited the traps with KFC and sat in Clydes chair and turned the light off. The cats started coming in and ran up to the chair until they realized I was not Clyde. Soon after we caught this tuxedo guy!
IMG_5356.jpg

I stayed after for a couple more hours and watched the cats come and go. The calico and the long haired gray and white one are the two I really wanted, the calico went in the trap and ate twice but didn't go in far enough to set it off unfortunately. So we decided to bring these three back home and dose them with advantage ii and go back and check the trap in a couple of hours, hopefully we will have someone new!
While I was sitting and watching I realized my count was off.. there are about 5 black and white cats that all look pretty identical and similar sizes :( So we definitely have many more to go.
I think we have three boys so far, I would love to get a girl tonight. Wish us luck!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We went out all night. We caught Mr Fluff who is already done. Reset the trap and hopefully there will be a new cat in there this morning before we head to the clinic!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Reading your posts often make me cry. Sometimes happy tears, other times not so happy. Today's tears are a mixture as my heart breaks for the kitties missing their caretaker, Clyde. And for the poor little one who bloodied its mouth. But also tears of relief knowing that thanks to you these kitties are going to have healthier and happy lives.

On behalf of all the cats you've helped, and will help, thank you. :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
On our way back! We didn't catch another cat so we took one of our fosters at home for his neuter today so we didn't waste the appointment. All the Ferals were boys! I named the tuxedo Jeeves, gray and white Joe, and Blonde and White boy Benny! The surprise is that Jeeves and Joe were already neutered! I went ahead and had them ear tip and update their rabies. I guess more of these cats were dumped on Clydes property than I realized!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a little upset that we didn't get more that actually needed altered, but now we know they are done! I wonder how many others are actually spayed/ neutered and we don't know...