What's The Weather And Temperature Like Where You Live?? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather is absolutely crazy here. There's a huge storm covering the entire state; most of the state is getting snow but this corner got rain instead. We had about a foot of snow on the ground. It rained all day today so most of the snow is melted but the ground is still frozen, and all the drainage ditches are frozen, so the water has nowhere to go and we're getting flooding. About half an hour ago it was lightning and thundering.

The mail carriers got called in early because the dirt roads aren't passable and the paved roads are all running water. I don't know if I can get to work tomorrow. The wind is supposed to come up, 50 or 60 mph, and it's supposed to rain a lot more, so basically it'll be an inland hurricane. At some point it's suppised to suddenly switch to snow, and then anyone who's driving at the time won't be able to see anything.

Yikes! I hope this is it for the winter. After the storm it should be warm and calm. I hope this isn't a sign of how bad the storms will be this summer!

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had an actual blizzard here today.

30-60 mph winds (sustained, not gusts) since sometime last night. I don't even know how much snow we got because it is all blown around, but I have a drift in front of my garage door higher than my knees, and several neighbors are worse than that. Huge drifts in the streets, nobody can get through them. Pretty much the entire state was shut down today. Most major roads will be closed through the night. I can't leave my house because the drifts are taller than my little snowblower can handle, and my dad has to get himself shoveled out before he can bring his snowblower over here.

Perhaps it's a good thing I'm unemployed at the moment. No reason to even leave the house at this point. Brrr.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Since last weekends snowstorm we have had a rapid and darn near perfect spring thaw. Temps in the 40’s, staying above freezing overnight and several days of continuous rain have probably dropped snow depth by half.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely miserable here! 50 MPH wind with gusts 70 - 80! Highs in the thirties with occasional snow. It was almost 60 yesterday. Nicer days coming, after today, highs in the fifties. We did get almost an inch of rain the last couple of days, really welcome. Rather have the rain then the huge amount of snow my sister got near Denver!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah: I'm jealous you have higher lows then our highs!!!!
That's typical for here. DD's moving back home and I had her stuff brought back to the house Sunday. The mover told me that he didn't think it would be as hot out as it was already. It was low 80's. Summer will be here any day now.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
56F-ish but the sun is out and it feels warmer:sunshine: It cools down tonight and stays that way for the week with rain :sigh:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was 25F this morning, with windchills it felt like 15, but I don't mind because my friend, aka Sun, is out and shining brightly. :sunshine:It's supposed to get up to 41F so we shall see.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had 1/2 of rain yesterday. . .the ground is fully saturated and there's still flooding in some areas. We're supposed to get 4 more inches in the next week :/. We should just give up now and build floating houses.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now It's 41°, with a high overcast. A rain/snow mix is predicted for overnight into drive time tomorrow morning. It makes me glad that I don't have to go to work any more.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It warmed up to the low 60's today. One minute it was raining and the next the sun came out. :dunno:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now it's 35, and we have a mix of sleet, snow and rain (it changes every time I look out the window).
I need sunshine!!:sunshine:I'm starting to think it doesn't exist anymore. :(

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is going to be a disastrous storm here starting tomorrow night. Maybe---of course everything depends on the temperature---at least an inch of rain then 1/2 in of ice then a foot of snow! If not cold enough for the ice and snow, it'll still be several inches of rain, which we can't handle already because everything is already flooded. It's gonna be bad!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We lucked out today, i.e. the temp rose to 72F with full sunshine. We really needed a break, if only for a day, because it's supposed to get down to 40F by mid-week with possible snow/rain mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.