What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
28 degrees F without the windchill & 11 degrees F with it. We got approx. 1" of snow overnight, just enough to show that winter is officially here.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far no snow. But the last few nights it's been in the 10°F range. So, winter is definitely here.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are getting our first snow of the season. So far only the grass is covered. They said last night that So. Md. might get up to 7 inches but I doubt it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The sun peeked out for about one hour this morning then the rest of the day was cloudy and windy, temp. 34 F.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what the actual temp was, but it was cold enough to freeze the pipes. That's with a heater in the pump house and double insulation on the pipes. Oh well, at least it waited until now. Usually gets real cold at the end of October.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
38F now. It's still warm-ish inside so I haven't turned the heat on. Well, I could but I have the thermostat set on the cooler side to save energy so the heat won't turn on until the indoor temp gets that low. I prefer to bundle up with sweaters and blankets and the cats :winkcat:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Temperatures are in the low 20s right now but the wind is brutal out there! :cold: The girls were sitting up from the noise so I figured I better go pull in some of my Christmas things outdoors. It was a good thing too because the Joseph part of the nativity was about bending backwards at the middle. I put a good coat on but I didn't think I'd be out long to need gloves. My hands were hot and tingly after I came back in!

Of course the sky is gorgeous! The stars are bright and just beautiful right now.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Snow fell on Sunday/Monday, then it cleared up, temperature today -7°C / 19°F
Up there, under the two pine trees in the center of the pic, there's a feral mom cat with her three kittens :(

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man, it's cold. It was 18 F when Rick took The Beast out this morning; he says it's a very rude awakening, going outside into that. And it's windy, really gusty. 1-2 inches of white stuff possible tonight into Thursday morning.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
About 3 inches of snow overnight. Started around 9 last night and it had all but stopped when I drove into work this morning. It's a really fine snow; it's too cold for the snow to have much weight at all. We were down to around 14 last night, up to about 24 now. It's official....I'm an icicle. :cold::cold::cold:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's been very cold here and we've been getting a few inches of snow every other day.

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are getting our first snow of the season. So far only the grass is covered. They said last night that So. Md. might get up to 7 inches but I doubt it.
None in Sussex yet !

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Winter is trying to make an appearance and it is chilly once it gets dark and until the middle of the day, when it varies from 60s to low 80s. So layering is the rule of thumb, unless you want to look foolish! I'm so excited, I found my gloves (little things make me oh so happy!) When I dress at 5am and leave work atv12:45 there is alot of temp changes and we need RAIN so badly!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bit windy.

Little Colorado River Valley in Apache County; White Mountains...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM MST THURSDAY...The National Weather Service in Flagstaff has issued a High Wind Warning, which is in effect until 10 AM MST Thursday. The Wind Advisory is no longer in effect.* TIMING...Strong winds have developed as of 11 pm and will persist through mid morning Thursday.* WINDS...Southwest wind 35 to 50 mph with gusts to 70 mph.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Ozzy says it's COLD today! :cold: I put the covers over him when I got up, and he stayed there napping for two more hours. :sleepycat:

IMG_3344.jpg

It was 38ºF here when I woke up.

IMG_3343.png

Status
Not open for further replies.