What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Still supper muggy. I put AC on 70 last night at midnight-woke up in pool of sweat with AC at 72-it was off-I had it set at economy=Jon complains about the cold air blowing on him-I offered to trade places--I prefer the wind on my feet!
The sun was out this morning but more storms coming. I weeded for 15 min last night-sweat pouring down-laid down and read instead afterwards...so much weeds!! OMG

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Terrible storm here overnight and into this morning. Hail was hitting the windows just a little while ago with wind gusts up to 65 mph. Rainfall in our area 6.75 inches and more expected later today. Super humid, temps. supposed to reach 92.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It feels as if I am on a Caribbean Island! So humid!! I have to keep putting the thermostat lower, and it still does not help!! Not a breeze in sight.

Now I am back from errands, so I am staying put. Washing some clothes now.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Terrible storm here overnight and into this morning. Hail was hitting the windows just a little while ago with wind gusts up to 65 mph. Rainfall in our area 6.75 inches and more expected later today. Super humid, temps. supposed to reach 92.
I spent my summers in Oklahoma growing up. Hail in the summer is never good. Keep an eye out for a green sky and be careful and stay safe.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching a video of Stephen Colbert from early this week and he said it was suppose to get up to 127 in Death Valley. He said that was OK because it is a dry heat. LOL.

It's 91 here now. Tomorrow it is suppose to get up to 98 and they say with the heat index it will feel like 106. I really need to go to the grocery store tomorrow because I'm running out of a few things but I may just wait until this weekend to go out in the heat. I have COPD and cannot handle the heat. I keep my AC at 70. I don't understand how people have AC but won't use it in this kind of weather. They are saying on the news to keep an eye on your elderly neighbors and make sure their AC on.

Muffy

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A dry heat (rolling eyes).
Have you ever opened your oven after an hour of baking and stuck your head in it?
That's what a dry heat feels like.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what dry heat feels like. I've been to Death Valley.
Here I go again. Making people roll their eyes.
I didn't mean that in a nasty way and sorry if it came off like that.
I just think it's funny when people say "but it's a dry heat", like that makes it any cooler.
(and I've heard that line my whole life)

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
100 yesterday. 100 today. 100 tomorrow. 100 the day after that. 100 the days in the foreseeable future. :sweat:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is true that dry heat feels cooler. If you drew a line down the center of Texas, the west-side has dry arid heat and the east side is humid/muggy. Look as West, Central, and East cities right now. Current temp now in Midland TX 91, heat index 90. Current temp in Austin TX is 93, heat index 98. Houston temp 83, heat index 91.

Sweat evaporates in dry heat, making you feel cooler than being drenched in wet, humid sweat that won't evaporate.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's face it, either one is miserable. In humidity, you're clammy all the time. In dry heat, you combust.
I need to move to Greenland. lol

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't mean that in a nasty way and sorry if it came off like that.
I just think it's funny when people say "but it's a dry heat", like that makes it any cooler.
(and I've heard that line my whole life)
That's OK. I thought you were being sarcastic. I'm good at pissing people off.
Having dry heat does not mean it is any cooler but without the humidity it is a little more comfortable.

Muffy

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Fortunately it finally cooled off here today, a very mild and comfortable 72 but many areas are still under water from the storms on Wednesday and some roads are closed as a result.
It's supposed to heat up again into the 90's next week but for now I'll more than appreciate the cooler weather and get out for a nice long walk.:walk:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It feels as if I am on a Caribbean Island! So humid!! I have to keep putting the thermostat lower, and it still does not help!! Not a breeze in sight.

Now I am back from errands, so I am staying put. Washing some clothes now.
The 58 degrees sure felt good last night though!

Status
Not open for further replies.