What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seeing all the talks about USPS gave me a laugh cause when I first switched my fluffy friends to canned food the USPS lady asked my brother what was in the boxes that made them so heavy and wanted him to find out because the mystery was too much for her :lol: I have never been one to go halfway so my first order was 4 cases of Wellness then they refused to eat it and I learned to buy a couple cans first.

So yesterday I was in a car accident- don't even want to talk about it right now..... no one hurt and no damage to the idiot who pulled in front of me and slammed on his brakes except for my fiberglass Mustang hood & bumper ...... always something

My auto body guy who did all the custom paint on my little Pony will try to locate used parts for reasonable $$$- he's the first place I went after the incident..... I'm pretty aggravated
I am so sorry Kwik! People who do that drive me nuts, it’s already stressful enough driving without people doing stupid things on purpose.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Seeing all the talks about USPS gave me a laugh cause when I first switched my fluffy friends to canned food the USPS lady asked my brother what was in the boxes that made them so heavy and wanted him to find out because the mystery was too much for her :lol: I have never been one to go halfway so my first order was 4 cases of Wellness then they refused to eat it and I learned to buy a couple cans first.

I am so sorry Kwik! People who do that drive me nuts, it’s already stressful enough driving without people doing stupid things on purpose.
Yep,he put in his claim- my ins called me and then she tried to pull a fast one and said the adjusters don't come to estimate any more- you need to download their app and take photos- I said: " no,I don't do apps nor do I work for Progressive " I told her I had my own body shop I'll be going to - so she Saud I'd first have to go to their drive through adjuster to access the damages and msdd me an appt

I called my body guy he Saud call her back and tell her no,tell her tye car will be at the shop and give her the address etc.... he Saud they try very hard to get in between the insured an the auto body shop to jerk you around instead of just giving you the check above the deductible- I said that she told me the adjusters no longer come out---- he Saud " Tommy is Progressive adjuster and hes always here" he was just here this mornjng!!!

I called her back and said my car will be at such n such.. oh,okay she said
Hmmph

Is there anybody that doesn't try to scam you.... he told me that place she was sending me to is a shop they work with,it's not an adjuster center and then they tell you they make payments directly to the shop---- a scam a minute

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I officially started what I am now calling the great tent war of 2024. Lilith has completely taken over the new tent. Sophie was using it after breakfast yesterday but when she left it to use the litter box, Lilith left her old tent and grabbed the new one. Sophie, being the sweet soul she is, just let it go and went to her recliner to relax. Since I started the war, I had to figure out what to do to end it. I bought ANOTHER tent. This one isn't really tent like but it's super cute.

1706885223394.png

It's coming tomorrow and already has a soft cushion at the bottom so it's ready to go. I know what will happen. Lilith will claim this one too and that's OK. That means Sophie can use the camper because Lilith cannot be in two places at once. At least I don't think she can but I never underestimate that girl when she has her mind set on something. :lol:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I officially started what I am now calling the great tent war of 2024. Lilith has completely taken over the new tent. Sophie was using it after breakfast yesterday but when she left it to use the litter box, Lilith left her old tent and grabbed the new one. Sophie, being the sweet soul she is, just let it go and went to her recliner to relax. Since I started the war, I had to figure out what to do to end it. I bought ANOTHER tent. This one isn't really tent like but it's super cute.

View attachment 469369

It's coming tomorrow and already has a soft cushion at the bottom so it's ready to go. I know what will happen. Lilith will claim this one too and that's OK. That means Sophie can use the camper because Lilith cannot be in two places at once. At least I don't think she can but I never underestimate that girl when she has her mind set on something. :lol:
So funny- I always say mine play musical chairs- they do it to me as well when I get up

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep,he put in his claim- my ins called me and then she tried to pull a fast one and said the adjusters don't come to estimate any more- you need to download their app and take photos- I said: " no,I don't do apps nor do I work for Progressive " I told her I had my own body shop I'll be going to - so she Saud I'd first have to go to their drive through adjuster to access the damages and msdd me an appt

I called my body guy he Saud call her back and tell her no,tell her tye car will be at the shop and give her the address etc.... he Saud they try very hard to get in between the insured an the auto body shop to jerk you around instead of just giving you the check above the deductible- I said that she told me the adjusters no longer come out---- he Saud " Tommy is Progressive adjuster and hes always here" he was just here this mornjng!!!

I called her back and said my car will be at such n such.. oh,okay she said
Hmmph

Is there anybody that doesn't try to scam you.... he told me that place she was sending me to is a shop they work with,it's not an adjuster center and then they tell you they make payments directly to the shop---- a scam a minute
I hate dealing with Progressive. Some years ago, I got into a minor fenderbender- icy street, car backs out in front of me- you know the drill. Anyway, she had them for insurance, and they jerked me around for weeks before the body shop could start work on my vehicle. Fortunately, it was still driveable. Between them and Allstate, it was a real PITA. Afterwards, as soon as I could, I dropped Allstate for the same company that insures our house, and I had been with them for almost 30 years. Customer service? What's that?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate dealing with Progressive. Some years ago, I got into a minor fenderbender- icy street, car backs out in front of me- you know the drill. Anyway, she had them for insurance, and they jerked me around for weeks before the body shop could start work on my vehicle. Fortunately, it was still driveable. Between them and Allstate, it was a real PITA. Afterwards, as soon as I could, I dropped Allstate for the same company that insures our house, and I had been with them for almost 30 years. Customer service? What's that?
Now that's the karma I'm talking about(;oh dear I don't mean for you but you know that,right?)

I don't wish it on the man but I really wouldn't mind if my insurance company jerks him around for months- especially because there is nothing wrong with his TANK that a fiberglass hood and bumper could possibly incur! A smidgeon on red paint is all

He probably backed into a cement guard rail or something months ago- doesn't deserve a red nickel but with no fault insurance unless you've got a deal on the ball broker they will simply pay

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

View attachment 469369

Calling it now she will drag them together and lay in-between both 😂

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 I will be eagerly waiting for the next update. :lol:
Lilith has been in the camper tent since breakfast time this morning. She sat in it for a while just looking out the front door. It's very close to my desk so we had a little chat. Well, I did. She just looked at me while I chatted at her. I told her about the new tent that was coming and if she wanted it, it was fine. She, of course, already knew this as she does exactly as she pleases and that's just the way it is. I told her that her sister deserves nice things too and if she wants to use the camper to please let her when the new tent gets here. I got two slow blinks in return. Hopefully she will decide to allow peace for all of us.

The smaller a cat is, the bigger they think they are.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right after I posted my reply this morning my Mom text me a picture of the wrong cat in the bed she'd bought her other cat to replace his ruined one. I told her she should have gotten 2! :lol:
:lol:

DD told me to tell them that the unicorn tent is hers and they can't use it. I'm going to do that. I told them that the camper is mine and they were all over it.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
This scares me as someone who recently got my full license. I've never heard good stories from people getting help after accidents of any kind. From the tow truck to the repairs and getting a new vehicle, just scam scam scam everywhere.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This scares me as someone who recently got my full license. I've never heard good stories from people getting help after accidents of any kind. From the tow truck to the repairs and getting a new vehicle, just scam scam scam everywhere.
The business of insurance companies is to take your money and turn a profit on it. Do you really think that they are eager to part with any of that money?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't be scared- they're not all bad- - many times everything falls into place without a hitch.....don't ever fear what msy never even happen,enjoy the privilege of having a driver's license sweetie and be the lovely person you are,hopefully you will never be in any incident or accident ❤

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
The business of insurance companies is to take your money and turn a profit on it. Do you really think that they are eager to part with any of that money?
Absolutely not- you're 100% right about that!That's why it's really a Blessing to have good people around to help,thst know the game well- like Roy,the guy who owns the body shop and has done my custom paint and work for many many years with many of my rides

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The unicorn tent arrived today. I first put it on the living room floor a few feet from the camper tent. Lilith was relaxing in the camper at the time. She got up to have some lunch and I moved the unicorn to where the camper was and vice versa. When she came back I told her that Sister (DD) wanted her unicorn tent in that spot.

It worked. Lily is currently snuggled up in the unicorn looking quite content. The camper is available for Sophie if she wants it.

:yess:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DeJoy happened.
While I'm no fan of DeJoy, I have to be fair and say it's not entirely his fault. The pandemic messed up SO much. A lot of Boomers/older Gen X are retiring. Cars cost too much. Pay isn't keeping up with the need for more employees (Walmart starting pay is like $1 less than rural carrier starting pay, and who wants to go wreck your car in a blizzard when you aren't being paid more to make up for it?) (Ok that's probably partially up to DeJoy but also Congress). We just had a carrier go out with knee surgery and simply do not have enough substitutes to go around so some parts of some routes are just not getting delivered. So yeah it's kind of a multi-faceted disaster.