What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Every day I realize that my lil LiLi is also just going to be a tiny girl. She doesn't look thin despite the lack of calories...
I agree,she is a tiny little thing but she looks great imo - it's amazing with all she goes through that she maintains her weight and looks so healthy( because of you for sure)

But yeah,I think she will remain a petite little girl- cute as a button too

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree,she is a tiny little thing but she looks great imo - it's amazing with all she goes through that she maintains her weight and looks so healthy( because of you for sure)

But yeah,I think she will remain a petite little girl- cute as a button too
I got to tote her around town in my backpack today and at the pet store someone finally noticed “IS THERE A CAT IN YOUR BACKPACK??” 😂 everyone wanted to say hi to her and I whipped out my phone to show photos because she blended into the gray backpack.

Thankfully this is the city North of us and surprisingly was not as stressful driving. Sadly, the pet supply there was more aimed at dogs and only had one freezer of cat foods (they do have a backroom freezer though so had a lot more of the few things they did sell, the other city to the South had more variety)

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I got to tote her around town in my backpack today and at the pet store someone finally noticed “IS THERE A CAT IN YOUR BACKPACK??” 😂 everyone wanted to say hi to her and I whipped out my phone to show photos because she blended into the gray backpack.

Thankfully this is the city North of us and surprisingly was not as stressful driving. Sadly, the pet supply there was more aimed at dogs and only had one freezer of cat foods (they do have a backroom freezer though so had a lot more of the few things they did sell, the other city to the South had more variety)
It does seem most pet supply stores are aimed at dogs. Ours has a really nice cat section (as well as a nice section for fish and other pets), but it's definitely smaller than the section for dogs. When I brought my Papillon Livie home, she was so tiny every dog collar in the store was too large for her. We went over to the cat section and she got to wear a little cat collar for a few months.
1707270604192.png

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It does seem most pet supply stores are aimed at dogs. Ours has a really nice cat section (as well as a nice section for fish and other pets), but it's definitely smaller than the section for dogs. When I brought my Papillon Livie home, she was so tiny every dog collar in the store was too large for her. We went over to the cat section and she got to wear a little cat collar for a few months.
View attachment 469764
It's puppycat Livie!She has no idea she's a dog.... Don't tell her,she'll never know

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
View attachment 469764
Just makes it even more special finding someplace that has a lot of cat stuff :hearthrob:

Such an adorable baby! Honorary cat 🐈 It cracks me up watching cats and small dogs play together. They’re on such different wavelengths.

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Too much is “on my mind” right now. Quit my job of 4 years today. It became such a toxic atmosphere but change is hard. Now job hunting and figuring out insurance. Adulting is hard. Anyone else wish they were a cat sometimes?! :p☹

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Too much is “on my mind” right now. Quit my job of 4 years today. It became such a toxic atmosphere but change is hard. Now job hunting and figuring out insurance. Adulting is hard. Anyone else wish they were a cat sometimes?! :p☹
All the time!!
Toxic atmospheres are not good for anyone. Good on you for getting out of there. They wear you down and suck the life and soul right out of you. It's not worth it.
I hope you find the right job for you in a happy and enjoyable work environment. :)

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All the time!!
Toxic atmospheres are not good for anyone. Good on you for getting out of there. They wear you down and suck the life and soul right out of you. It's not worth it.
I hope you find the right job for you in a happy and enjoyable work environment. :)
Thank you so much. I cannot express how much this means to me right now ❤

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm,only if I had a wonderful owner

It is hard to leave anythingfamiliar,it becomes a comfort zone even in a toxic environment because of the " unknown " if you leave. That is all to often what hinders people from moving on upwards into better positions....so I'm confident you'll be less apt to settle for just anything now and get something much better since you've already made the hardest decision and followed through....

Praying you get a wonderful job thst checks of all the right boxes you're hoping for 👍❤

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Anyone else wish they were a cat sometimes?!
Every. Single. Day.

Good for you for having the courage to quit a job that was draining you. Not everyone has that. Lighting a candle for you to find JUST the right job, one that has moments of joy, a sense of belonging, of being valued.
00LitCandle.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I once quit a job after one day...after being laid off for 5 months. It was a bad fit all around and I found out that it wasn't all clerical like advertised. I felt like a fish out of water. When I realized they had other girls pulling motorcycle parts from the warehouse; I had another legitimate reason to leave. (I'd hurt my back a few years earlier and still had difficulty with some things.) I literally got home, shut the door and sat on the doormat and sobbed. About 6 weeks later I was hired for a job I was actually less experienced/qualified for; but man it was a completely different feeling and I did well there until it was time to move on. People did not understand why I quit and tried to talk me out of it; but I do not look back with any regret. Fortunately it was before we had kids and a regular mortgage; so I was able to draw my last month of unemployment and wait out those last few weeks on one income. DH was always supportive and he was supportive when I left that job too. That one only had a few weeks between jobs thankfully.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes you just have to do it. I quit a job of 13 years and it was absolutely the scariest and best career move I made. When it comes to insurance you have two choices. You can choose COBRA from your employer, which can be really expensive or you can see what is available in your area under the Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare. it is frequently the best choice because it is based on your income so while you are unemployed it is heavily subsidized. You only have like 30 days to enroll after job loss so you want to check it out right away.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I worked at a place that was very toxic for a multitude of reasons. It wasn't a typical job but the mental gymnastics I had to play just to show up was horrible. I got in big trouble for doing as I was told, and bigger trouble if I didn't. The mind games were ridiculous. It was so confusing and horrible I walked out. I decided I'd rather live in my car than put up with that crap.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most definitely, give me the spoiled cat life.

I think I just hit 4 years at my workplace, team lead offered to train me for advancement but seeing what they go through everyday...I'll stay a worker drone thanks. 1. I can't ignore people under me suffering 2. I don't like being forced to do things in the most backwards ways possible because "corporate" said so.

I worked at a place that was very toxic for a multitude of reasons. It wasn't a typical job but the mental gymnastics I had to play just to show up was horrible. I got in big trouble for doing as I was told, and bigger trouble if I didn't. The mind games were ridiculous. It was so confusing and horrible I walked out. I decided I'd rather live in my car than put up with that crap.
I relate to this so strongly. Had to stay for the insurance but at some point I just bawled my eyes out regardless of the time or place. Working conditions and my treatment improved a bit because they were forced to or look even worse. One of the biggest bullies in the place half heartedly apologized even. After that I got on anxiety meds and life was so much easier (even though it did cause the huge problem of making me want to cuss at coworkers/rude customers instead of cry lol). Now if you manage to make me cry you must have done something SERIOUSLY wrong.

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I worked various jobs throughout my life, working some 50 years. It doesn't matter what you work at, there is fantastic, there is awful and most is in between. If your at a job that is always awful, get out if you can or try to change it to make it less awful. When I changed things for the better, it always came at a cost, but it made things better. When I moved on, it always came at a cost, but it made things better eventually. Work like life can be an enigma, we have to navigate it day to day based on the information we have at that moment. Some days the only thing that made me smile was my cat jumping up in my lap and purring. But it made that day better.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading everyone's experiences in the work field and it always proves true that unless you are willing to step out,knowing your worth then you can easily miss the opportunities that await....people do take people for granted unfortunately and a good worker should be treated like gold ....

I've had one mind set when it came to being miserable in any setting" I was looking for a job when I found this one" I've always put alot into my profession,all of me and if whoever hired me did not treat me as I should be treated then someone else will

Just like iPappy iPappy -I'd rather sleep under a bridge than put up with nonsense from anyone- I don't bring any to the workplace and I don't get paid to deal with anyone who does

Lol,feel the same way about relationships " I was single before I met you" ....know your own worth👍

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I just hit 4 years at my workplace, team lead offered to train me for advancement but seeing what they go through everyday...I'll stay a worker drone thanks. 1. I can't ignore people under me suffering 2. I don't like being forced to do things in the most backwards ways possible because "corporate" said so.
Both my dad and stepdad have turned down promotions to stay with "hands on" work. My dad was just a few years from retirement and now my step-dad is also. They work/ed in the same field where they are licensed and the responsibility for their work follows them even after leaving jobs. It's better to let that burden rest on the shoulders of people with more career ahead of them. And stay where you are productive. My step-dad also left a place that refused to be organized for the same reason. He was so miserable at that job! I had a co-worker turn boss once and things went south quick. She was great with the clients; not so much in management.