What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't complain much about my local post office or our carrier. He's been delivering here for years and is great.

When Amazon started doing Sunday deliveries it was through USPS. They hadn't started their own deliveries yet. I had an order coming. One item. DD heard the driver at the door so she went to get the package. She came into the living room and asked me what the heck I ordered. I told her what it was. She had SIX packages in her arms. One was mine but the others belonged to other people. The addresses weren't even close. It was like the driver said, "Close enough" and left them all. The next day, DD went to talk to our regular carrier and he took the other five packages. She said that he was shocked and told her that he didn't do it. We already knew that. He does a great job. It was a substitute carrier who didn't care I guess.

Anyone else notice that Amazon hardly ever uses USPS anymore? I wonder why. Not really. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They aren’t technically ALLOWED to come in anymore from what I know. Everyone is afraid of lawsuits. It ruins things for everyone. :disappointed:

Back when I was in high school we moved into a new house with no fence. Our lab loved being out on her lead so we would leave the garage door open enough for her to go in and out on it (in nice weather; it was a different time). Id come home to find her with a new tennis ball from our mail lady. :lol: They loved each other! I’m pretty sure when my mom started leaving a Christmas gift for her in the mailbox she signed it from the dog. :lol::redheartpump:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How cute is this??? Lilith loves her tent and has recently been napping in one of those catnip scented paper bags. I was shopping at Target.com for more of the paper bags and saw this. I had to get it for her. When I get it, I'll make sure to tell her that it's mine and she can't have it. That way she will want it for sure. :lol:

View attachment 469185
The new tent arrived today. It really is cute. I set it up and as soon as I put it on the floor, Sophie ran over to check it out. She was playing in it. Lilith was in her tent but when she realized that her sister had something new, she went over to investigate. Sophie loves her new tent and Lilith went back to hers. I'm kind of surprised that Lily didn't try to take it over. She must be feeling generous today. I need to find some kind of cushion to put in the bottom to make it a bit cozier like Lilith's has.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just recently I had ordered a new modem and my neighbor had some packages being delivered UPS also.
They delivered the whole area to one of my other neighbor's (who was in Phoenix for awhile). Fortunately, she came back in a couple of days and delivered everyone's packages to them.
This is NOT a gated community where we all live close to each other. Every package within a 3/4 mile radius ended up at her house. UPS drivers need to get with it or get a new job.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's mission was to buy some food Boone and Gracie would eat because both Tractor Supply stores on the way home from work didn't have any Paws and Claws and the cats only had enough food for tomorrow. Problem is that Boone and Gracie hate pretty much 90% of the brands out there.

Took a chance and got some Pure Harmony. They loved it!! Maybe as much as Weruva which was their absolute favorite. I only bought a couple cans just to make sure they would eat it. Have to go back tomorrow and pick up more. Hopefully being from a grocery store, it will be more easy to come by than the Paws and Claws seemed to be.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They aren’t technically ALLOWED to come in anymore from what I know. Everyone is afraid of lawsuits. It ruins things for everyone. :disappointed:

Back when I was in high school we moved into a new house with no fence. Our lab loved being out on her lead so we would leave the garage door open enough for her to go in and out on it (in nice weather; it was a different time). Id come home to find her with a new tennis ball from our mail lady. :lol: They loved each other! I’m pretty sure when my mom started leaving a Christmas gift for her in the mailbox she signed it from the dog. :lol::redheartpump:
That is so cute!
I groomed a Goldendoodle who had "stranger danger". She was very afraid of new people. The UPS man befriended her with treats, and from then on out the dog would see the UPS truck and make every attempt to run and jump into the truck, and a few times, succeeded!
I saw a story on the news a few months ago about a mail carrier who left a note at a house, saying that seeing the home owners cat in the window every day was the highlight of their route, and when the cat passed away the home owner left a note for the mail carrier so he was made aware.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Another USPS story. In November, around Thanksgiving, I picked out 2 pairs of glasses: one daily, and one for distance: as in watching TV at night.
The frames were sent out, by optician, using USPS.. now this guy has been in business for 40 years and never had an issue. It should have taken 10 days, at most, for turnaround time. I waited 3 weeks.... I called, He panicked-- called the lab-- they NEVER received them! He was frantic.. He said to wait a few more days, at the labs suggestion before I picked out new frames. I waited. The day before I was going in to pick up new glasses, He called me. He said the lab had JUST received them.. a total of 4 weeks after being sent out!!!

Bottom line, I got my glasses within a few days. The lab put a "Rush" on them, and did an overnight delivery...
The order also had a few other clients glasses in them... OMG! absolutely ridiculous..
~~
Regular mail.. Our mailman delivers daily.. every day. When he has time off, there is NO ONE to substitute for him. One time they sent in 3 guys to deliver the main to my building. When the regular mailman is not here, We do not get mail.. Perhaps once a week-- if lucky..

And USPS has the nerve to increase rates... ridiculous..
It is ridiculous, what happened to " rain,,snow or sleet"? Guess thst ended with the Pony Express!!

People just don't seem to care anymore,I'm sure they show up for their paycheck though -rain ,snow or sleet!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So yesterday I was in a car accident- don't even want to talk about it right now..... no one hurt and no damage to the idiot who pulled in front of me and slammed on his brakes except for my fiberglass Mustang hood & bumper ...... always something

My auto body guy who did all the custom paint on my little Pony will try to locate used parts for reasonable $$$- he's the first place I went after the incident..... I'm pretty aggravated

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so cute!
I groomed a Goldendoodle who had "stranger danger". She was very afraid of new people. The UPS man befriended her with treats, and from then on out the dog would see the UPS truck and make every attempt to run and jump into the truck, and a few times, succeeded!
I saw a story on the news a few months ago about a mail carrier who left a note at a house, saying that seeing the home owners cat in the window every day was the highlight of their route, and when the cat passed away the home owner left a note for the mail carrier so he was made aware.
Check out LisaandFrannie on Youtube. Frannie's a little dog who loves Dan the mailman and waits for him by the door every day. He stops to see her and she runs out to greet him every day in one of her cute little outfits. It's so adorable.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So yesterday I was in a car accident- don't even want to talk about it right now..... no one hurt and no damage to the idiot who pulled in front of me and slammed on his brakes except for my fiberglass Mustang hood & bumper ...... always something

My auto body guy who did all the custom paint on my little Pony will try to locate used parts for reasonable $$$- he's the first place I went after the incident..... I'm pretty aggravated
I wouldn't be suprised if that accident wasn't caused on purpose . Considering where you live. I believe their are people whom are looking to collect in some matter of form.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't be suprised if that accident wasn't caused on purpose . Considering where you live. I believe their are people whom are looking to collect in some matter of form.
No doubt- the guy had a smidgen of red paint on his jalopy steal bumper- thsts it! Insisted on calling policd,making report bdcsusd all his bumper sensors ruined and look at the big dent( the opposite side with rust on it!!!)

I said- do what makes you happy fellow but go do it your car ,I've got lunch to eat

Police woman gave me a case number as I told her I'd like to get home- " sure she said ,I'll run your tag first so you can leave " since I wasn't fussing or screaming..... screaming thst his daughter overdosed!Uh,ya think he was a bit pre- occupied?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

So sorry about your accident. certainly can ruin your day.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise

So sorry to hear about this 😞
I hope the parts are located and are reasonably priced for you so that it's not too much of a financial hit.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No doubt- the guy had a smidgen of red paint on his jalopy steal bumper- thsts it! Insisted on calling policd,making report bdcsusd all his bumper sensors ruined and look at the big dent( the opposite side with rust on it!!!)

I said- do what makes you happy fellow but go do it your car ,I've got lunch to eat

Police woman gave me a case number as I told her I'd like to get home- " sure she said ,I'll run your tag first so you can leave " since I wasn't fussing or screaming..... screaming thst his daughter overdosed!Uh,ya think he was a bit pre- occupied?
Given the circumstances, this sounds like an insurance ripoff. I wouldn't be surprised if you hear from some jack-leg lawyer claiming 'injuries' to his client. It's been done before, with the usual practice of the company paying what amounts to nuisance money to the 'victim' to make them go away. Unfortunately, that seems to be the world we live in today.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Given the circumstances, this sounds like an insurance ripoff. I wouldn't be surprised if you hear from some jack-leg lawyer claiming 'injuries' to his client. It's been done before, with the usual practice of the company paying what amounts to nuisance money to the 'victim' to make them go away. Unfortunately, that seems to be the world we live in today.
Exactly what my auto body guy said- he Saud don't be surprises if he starts claiming his back hurts

So I did call the Ins Co and they said I can wait & see what the cost is ( whether it's worth putting in a claim or not because of deductible)& not to fret becausd if he does put in a claim they will contact me----

They were very helpful

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found a soft plush cushion to go inside the new tent. It's just the right size. The tent is made of nylon and didn't come with anything soft at the bottom like the other tent does. The cushion came today. I put it in the tent and at first Lily grumbled about it but she's now snuggled up on it for nap # whatever she's on today. It's been chilly here (by our standards) and I think she likes having something warm and cozy for her naps.