What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh.. think I caught something... ugh... after all the stress I have been through, and how I am surrounded by Covid, I guess It was expected ...

I have not tested myself today.. but I will. I was tested on Tuesday and was negative.
Having a dry cough for a few days, that I attributed to the dry air in here. Yesterday, it was NOT dry-- heavy rainstorm.
I woke up at 4am hacking.. deep hacking.. took a bit to stop.. Felt feverish when I woke up. temp not considered fever.. 98.3. -- but my temp is usually 97.8. so within normal limits.. but feel feverish..
And a somewhat scratchy throat with PNDrip.. teary eyes. ugh.. I have asthma, so I am not suer what is going on with me.. The stress catching up to me, or really sick..

I have been wearing a mask, everywhere.. except for PT.. I did on Thursday.

I have laundry that I MUST do... as soon as I finish typing this, I will take a shower, and be off. no morning regular stuff for me. I will test myself ...

We currently have 14 cases of Covid in the building, and rising each day. There were 2 more yesterday. strongly advised to wear a mask.. masks are on a table in the hallway.. Yet, many, many idiotic people are refusing to wear them!! These people are despicable.. I mean it..

They had a "Holiday" party on Thursday night... I did not attend due to all the Covid out there. What I saw from the pictures were that NO ONE who attended the party, wore a mask!! OMG.. These people are so stupid..

There is a Choral Club concert on Tuesday.. I have to attend because a friend is doing a solo. I will sit in a corner, distancing from people, wearing a KN95 mask.

With the triple threat all around us (Covid, RSV, and Flu) it will be a miracle if I do not catch something..

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I came home to DD watching White Christmas the other day. I guess I’m doing something right! :lol:

I’m really hoping to finish decorating for Christmas today. Its been a slow process but I think I only need to do my China cabinet and the top of my kitchen cabinets now. Then I can do cards!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watched "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" tonight. I know some of you will think I'm a bit off, but I swear I could feel my dad sitting there with me. Oddly, Hek seemed to sense something there on the sofa, as well.
I don't think that at all. I know that my DH has been by at least a few times since he passed away. I saw him twice in the first 6 months after. I saw him as clearly as I see someone in the store or walking down the street. About 6 months later, I felt his presence very strongly when I was in the living room. It was a feeling that someone was watching me from his recliner (which is now Sophie's). I got up and walked into the kitchen and the feeling got stronger as if whoever was watching me was walking behind me. He was there with me. I know he was.

I got the girls almost 2 1/2 years after he passed. Not long after they came to live with us, they were both in the living room with me. Both of them walked to the middle of the room and sat side by side. They both seemed mesmerized by something and kept looking in the same direction. Just above them as if someone were standing there right in front of them. Their body language was identical. They were both looking up. then to the right or left as if they were following someone's movements. DH was allergic to cats but they were drawn to him like magnets and he loved all animals. I know that he stopped by to meet them and ask them to look after me for him.

Your dad was with you. I believe that 100%.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Christmas Specials we've watched so far have been:

Rudolph
Frosty
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
A Muppet Family Christmas
The Nutcracker: Starring Elmo and Tango
Once Upon a Sesame Street Christmas
A Sesame Street Christmas Carol

...I'm starting to sense a theme.

My husband downloaded the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas special, so I'm looking forward to watching that with J.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am Sick.. Guess it was about time.. especially since I was so stressed out. My resistance was low.. and I am surrounded by Covid and RSV in this building.. People are idiots-- refusing to wear masks..

I swear, I have not been sick at all, since Covid hit. I have been very cautious. I am always wearing a mask.

Very frustrated. I tried to get a PCR Test.. had to jump through hoops with the online forms.. If it was not a Sunday, I would have contacted PCP for help.. but..
My rapid tests have been negative for 2 days now. But I am having the RSV symptoms; feeling feverish, fuzzy brain, scratchy eyes, PN drip, cough--which sounds asthmatic (bronchial)... running nose.. not able to sleep (my sign when I am really sick).. I am taking temp, but no fever.. I feel sick.. I really do..

I finally got the PCR test this afternoon. Still have incorrect insurance on file.. dam.. have to call the CVS Minute Clinic tomorrow..
I have been using my rapid test kits for 2 days---negative.. I wanted the PCR because as I said, 14 cases in one week is too much for me. The ambulance was just here, also..

Not resting much.. too much to do.. I had laundry yesterday.. Went out for more cold supplies, and some chicken noodle soup today. Trash both day.. Had to vacuum today.

OMG.. I am such a whining, mad person, when I am sick.. I really am.. just venting..
sorry

Geoffrey cannot understand why I am ignoring him.. He is afraid of my deep cough. Poor thing. I wish I could help him understand. and I have to cut some meds up for him. I do not know if my hands will be steady enough to cut at least a couple of tiny pills into quarters, to put in gel caps.. have to do it now...

Did not even go to Church this morning. I have it recorded on DVR, but I have been so busy, that I have not had time to watch it. I will later... I feel bad about that.. seems as if everything is just crazy..

Thanks for listening...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am Sick.. Guess it was about time.. especially since I was so stressed out. My resistance was low.. and I am surrounded by Covid and RSV in this building.. People are idiots-- refusing to wear masks..

I swear, I have not been sick at all, since Covid hit. I have been very cautious. I am always wearing a mask.

Very frustrated. I tried to get a PCR Test.. had to jump through hoops with the online forms.. If it was not a Sunday, I would have contacted PCP for help.. but..
My rapid tests have been negative for 2 days now. But I am having the RSV symptoms; feeling feverish, fuzzy brain, scratchy eyes, PN drip, cough--which sounds asthmatic (bronchial)... running nose.. not able to sleep (my sign when I am really sick).. I am taking temp, but no fever.. I feel sick.. I really do..

I finally got the PCR test this afternoon. Still have incorrect insurance on file.. dam.. have to call the CVS Minute Clinic tomorrow..
I have been using my rapid test kits for 2 days---negative.. I wanted the PCR because as I said, 14 cases in one week is too much for me. The ambulance was just here, also..

Not resting much.. too much to do.. I had laundry yesterday.. Went out for more cold supplies, and some chicken noodle soup today. Trash both day.. Had to vacuum today.

OMG.. I am such a whining, mad person, when I am sick.. I really am.. just venting..
sorry

Geoffrey cannot understand why I am ignoring him.. He is afraid of my deep cough. Poor thing. I wish I could help him understand. and I have to cut some meds up for him. I do not know if my hands will be steady enough to cut at least a couple of tiny pills into quarters, to put in gel caps.. have to do it now...

Did not even go to Church this morning. I have it recorded on DVR, but I have been so busy, that I have not had time to watch it. I will later... I feel bad about that.. seems as if everything is just crazy..

Thanks for listening...
So sorry! It just sucks to be sick.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sorry

Thanks for listening...
I tested every day after my husband got his positive and isolated as best he could. That was on a Saturday and I felt mostly fine with maybe a slight headache and was getting stark negatives. Then Thursday night I got a really sore throat and Friday morning the test line was darker than the control. I know it hits everyone different, but I would think with those symptoms if it's covid, you'd have enough viral load in your nose to get a positive on a rapid at this point.

That doesn't rule out RSV or the other nasty viruses around, obviously.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read on a baby sleep Instagram that people snore when their tongue isn't touching the roof of their mouth. And when you're congested, you're more likely to breathe with your mouth open and your tongue is out of place. That's why snoring babies should be checked for tongue ties.

Not sure how to train your tongue to go in the right place when you're an adult, though. If my husband ends up snoring and isn't sick, usually nudging him gets him to switch positions enough to stop it without h even really waking.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't think that at all. I know that my DH has been by at least a few times since he passed away. I saw him twice in the first 6 months after. I saw him as clearly as I see someone in the store or walking down the street. About 6 months later, I felt his presence very strongly when I was in the living room. It was a feeling that someone was watching me from his recliner (which is now Sophie's). I got up and walked into the kitchen and the feeling got stronger as if whoever was watching me was walking behind me. He was there with me. I know he was.

I got the girls almost 2 1/2 years after he passed. Not long after they came to live with us, they were both in the living room with me. Both of them walked to the middle of the room and sat side by side. They both seemed mesmerized by something and kept looking in the same direction. Just above them as if someone were standing there right in front of them. Their body language was identical. They were both looking up. then to the right or left as if they were following someone's movements. DH was allergic to cats but they were drawn to him like magnets and he loved all animals. I know that he stopped by to meet them and ask them to look after me for him.

Your dad was with you. I believe that 100%.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and Kat0121 Kat0121 I've had similar things happen, and IMO they are NO coincidence. A day or two after a friend of mine passed away several years ago, Tag and I were doing our nightly bedtime routine. He always just curled up and went to sleep or would spend a few minutes playing with a toy. That night he was staring at the top of one of the windows. My bed was near those windows and he was trying (unsuccessfully) to climb into the window sill. He stopped trying to climb in the window, and then for about 20 minutes, he stared at this spot, ears up, tail wagging and just watching. A few times, he would slowly shift his gaze to look OUT the window, and his tail would slowly uncurl and stop wagging, like he was sadly watching something leave. Then he'd whip his head up and stare back at that spot above the window, ears up, tail wagging again.
This friend loved all animals of all sizes, and was close to mine. She had me and my 3 dogs to her house many times over the years, and spoiled the cats at work like crazy. She helped bottle feed our bottle baby kitten in his first weeks of life. I think she stopped in to let us know she was OK, and had fun playing a little game of peek-a-boo with Tag as well.
During the time I lost Tag, I had two human deaths happen at almost the same time. I had a dream days later and all 3 of them were there, and all 3 of them were well. They are absolutely still with us.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
sorry
I tend to think that with ALL of those symptoms, you'd test positive by now, if it were COVID. But there are plenty of other nasties going around, flu (several varieties), hard winter colds...

You take good care of yourself!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to think that with ALL of those symptoms, you'd test positive by now, if it were COVID. But there are plenty of other nasties going around, flu (several varieties), hard winter colds...

You take good care of yourself!
a friend of mine, had 3 negative rapid tests, and then a positive PCR...

Got results back, last night.. Neg for Covid, and the Flu... so it is 'other'.. still sick.... wish I could sleep.. But, when I get sick, I do not sleep.. just one of my symptoms..

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I realized that this year, I don't feel the "Christmas spirit". When I was living with my parents, I'd get it because it felt like I didn't have much else to look forward to so I'd get a burst of energy around this time of year and be full of positively. But now that I'm not living with them, I feel full of positivity everyday and content. It's just something I noticed and it's both a nice and terrifying feeling. Not sure how else to explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.