What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Phone is re-charging now, so far the power holding but this wind is incredibly bad. It's 2 below (F) with a wind chill of 39 below. I honestly couldn't tell you if it has snowed since last night or not, it's a complete white out. The few cars I've seen have been going slow with their 4 ways on, and there have been pile up accidents (and unfortunate casualties) all over the place. Stay safe, people!
1671825684457.png

1671825708887.png

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
iPappy iPappy its a winter wonderland nitemare here . high winds and lots of snow everywhere.. the hubs walked to work instead of using his electric scooter
I can't imagine walking anywhere in this :( I hope he has a short way to go and is carrying a fully charged phone.
The winds are just getting worse! 42 below wind chills, this is insane. And the MOST insane part is, next weekend it's going to be in the 50's. It will literally feel like we jumped a whole hundred degrees....wow....

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had been watching the evening news. While the Blizzard Conditions are to end on Saturday. More snow is expected Christmas afternoon . I'm glad the power is still on, plus I don't have any need to travel.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Had been watching the evening news. While the Blizzard Conditions are to end on Saturday. More snow is expected Christmas afternoon . I'm glad the power is still on, plus I don't have any need to travel.
Stay in and stay safe. It would take a life or death situation to get me behind the wheel of a car right now.
Another thing that's on my mind is on Monday, two five month old twin baby boys were abducted in Columbus via a stolen car. One twin was found a day or two later at an airport in Dayton, and last night the second twin was found in Indianapolis. Both babies were unharmed and the person who did it is in custody. The family is so relieved that those two babies are back home, what a scary thing to have to go through.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd fake a sore throat. Or, lie extravagantly and see what her reaction is. ;)
Halelujah! I drove 2 towns away (the only place w/ a free appointment near me) and the first words out of the woman’s mouth were: “I hope you don’t mind, but…I don’t do small talk, I just like to concentrate on giving a good haircut.” I have struck the mother lode.

PS: sorry…I see I disrupted a conversation here…hope everyone is safe, snug, stocked and loin girded!!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't imagine walking anywhere in this :( I hope he has a short way to go and is carrying a fully charged phone.
The winds are just getting worse! 42 below wind chills, this is insane. And the MOST insane part is, next weekend it's going to be in the 50's. It will literally feel like we jumped a whole hundred degrees....wow....
I would be worried about getting Frostbite being out in this cold even for a short period of time.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Halelujah! I drove 2 towns away (the only place w/ a free appointment near me) and the first words out of the woman’s mouth were: “I hope you don’t mind, but…I don’t do small talk, I just like to concentrate on giving a good haircut.” I have struck the mother lode.

PS: sorry…I see I disrupted a conversation here…hope everyone is safe, snug, stocked and loin girded!!
Small talk is fine, but when it turns into a gossip-y feel, I nope right out of that. I hope you found a stylist for life, and like the hair cut you got! :)
I'm texting my Mom and a friend that lives nearby and we all agree, the winds are worse than they were a few hours ago. This is crazy. The local paper put out an online notice 2 hours ago to not expect a Saturday paper, and the hospital has closed several non-emergency units. It hasn't snowed (apparently) since early morning but it looks like a blizzard outside.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching the 5pm local news. It was mentioned that the several areas across Iowa have road closures due to the Blizzard. Two Counties just south of me have warnings that no emergency help will come if you get stuck out on the road. I'm glad I was blessed with common sense to heed warnings.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was watching the 5pm local news. It was mentioned that the several areas across Iowa have road closures due to the Blizzard. Two Counties just south of me have warnings that no emergency help will come if you get stuck out on the road. I'm glad I was blessed with common sense to heed warnings.
We have similar warnings here in Ohio. Unless the cars were disabled or there was threat to life, you're on your own. I don't see the sense in risking it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just 20 degrees here, but that is VERY cold for coastal NC! The ferals are tucked in the Secret Feral Shelter, with an extra fuzzy blankie, and two hot rice bags, well-wrapped in old towels. Last time I sneaked in to change the rice bags, nobody even moved, and I counted five, I think. There may have been six, but they were pretty piled up around the rice bags. I have two more rice bags standing by for microwaving. I'm swapping them out every four hours.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
im just thinking about my father in law and hoping that he has a nice smooth ride to my town to come pick me up tomorrow morning .
im going to take my sturdy cane to walk with cause im having some pain in both of my legs and my mom thinks its a sign of arthritis and i totally agree with her . i am nearly 50 years old and everything seems like it wants to fall apart on me :sigh:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
im just thinking about my father in law and hoping that he has a nice smooth ride to my town to come pick me up tomorrow morning .
im going to take my sturdy cane to walk with cause im having some pain in both of my legs and my mom thinks its a sign of arthritis and i totally agree with her . i am nearly 50 years old and everything seems like it wants to fall apart on me :sigh:
I hope you both have a good, trouble free trip.
I've been saying for awhile now, in the past few years I feel like I've aged 10 of them. :(

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
27 degrees here tonight, so a bit warmer. STILL rice bagging the feral shelter, though, and fixed them eggs scrambled in bacon drippings for their Christmas Eve dinners. Almost started a small riot! Same will be forthcoming for Christmas dinner. I'm getting ready to cook my own Christmas Eve dinner now.

Wishing a most wonderful Christmas to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.