What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They're calling for blizzard conditions and 65 mph wind gusts tomorrow and into Saturday. Wind chills dipping into the minus 30 ranges. I cannot find my gloves! I have a heavy pair I retired as garden gloves that I might have to use. We're preparing for power outages (just in case). We might have to have Christmas Eve by candlelight! :lol:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm staying home today as -8F is no joke. I was outside 2 minutes this morning to retrieve my garbage can. That is my outdoor activity until the weather temperatures improve.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
a friend of mine, had 3 negative rapid tests, and then a positive PCR...

Got results back, last night.. Neg for Covid, and the Flu... so it is 'other'.. still sick.... wish I could sleep.. But, when I get sick, I do not sleep.. just one of my symptoms..
I hope you’re feeling better now. DS and I have had one of the “other” nasties for about a week. I haven’t been sick in years! Its put a wrinkle in Christmas stuff; but we’re making the best of it.
Mom says he's okay for now, but they're doing blood tests to rule out something toxic. If it happens again, he'll be started on medication.
Poor baby. Please keep us updated. I love his pictures! :redheartpump:
im thinking about how i am going to clear out the plastic shelving to make room for the new wood shelving that will go in its place
I’ve been working on that myself. For some reason its easy to visualize, hard to follow through, but SO satisfying when its done. I have one corner of our school area left to do and the current bookshelf will go to DD. But her spot for it is where shes got her tree all arranged so that’s my excuse for waiting. :lol:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles the plastic shelving is not very sturdy and my hobbie stuff is sort of heavy so we got the wood kind and i just have to try and plan this out a little at a time due to my left leg having some strange feeling to it

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He's only a year and a half, but I'm reading that the onset of epilepsy in sheepadoodles generally happens when they reach adulthood.
I've known a handful of dogs who develop it younger, and most of them were Poodles unfortunately. Care of epileptic dogs has come very far in the past several years, and there are more options than just phenobarb now, so if it is epilepsy, it can hopefully be managed well.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The temp is dropping and it's raining and the wind is starting to slowly pick up. I got everyone out and made sure I locked and dead bolted all the doors (all 18 of them!) and double checked them about 4 times because the winds are supposed to be explosive overnight. The only door that won't dead bolt is one in my sunroom, and luckily it just leads to the catio which is sealed up tight. So if that door should happen to pop open overnight, it will be bad for the heating bill but if any of my cats sneak out they can't go anywhere at least.
They're predicting 2-4 inches of snow on top of a flash freeze (it's been raining on and off all afternoon), followed by 30mph winds with gusts up to 65 mph all through Friday and Saturday. Windchills -40. We are all prepared as best as we can be, this could be a very dangerous storm. Anyone else in it's path, please stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.