What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting for a call back from the city to see if they will do the cleanup or at least branch haul away of the pile of branches that fell from the pines in my alley. The alley is sort of no man’s land which technically they are supposed to maintain since it is “unimproved”. But in reality in the 17 years I have lived here they have done nothing, so we will see.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Another yarn ball bites the dust…or the litter. Iris is obsessed with these things and carries them around the house, crooning to them. But when she carries them to the litter box and then poops beside them, they’re history!
F88710C0-DB55-4902-A53F-E89C5459191A.jpeg

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of minish. I'm away for the weekend and we have been together longer than usual since I work from home most days. We have this rhythm of she napping, I on the computer, giving breaks of balcony time, hide and seek time, arguing about the appropriate time and portion sizes for her food.. I've missed her already. we will reunite tomorrow and I will bring her some smells of where I've been

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, if you leave food out Raccoons will come. Mine show up late at night so I set some food out in early evening and the cats seem to have figure out show up early or get nothing.
Back in 2011 I had a outdoor Cat that I would feed on my deck. On one particular day Mom & Dad Raccoon and the kids all showed up for the Cats meal. The Cat sat perplexed on what to do. The Male cat sat about 5 feet from the Breeder Raccons hissing. Fortunately the Raccoons never challenged the Cat.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I got an invitation to a baby shower! My cousin's daughter..

They are requesting that we bring in a favorite book--instead of a card... and sign it...

OMGosh!! It has been years since I was involved with babies... Now, if this is a request for a favorite baby's/toddler/kid book, I am at a loss....

I need ideas..
HELP!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

They are requesting that we bring in a favorite book--instead of a card... and sign it...

OMGosh!! It has been years since I was involved with babies... Now, if this is a request for a favorite baby's/toddler/kid book, I am at a loss....

I need ideas..
HELP!!
I absolutely love to read a child or baby the book Goodnight Moon.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
That's a nice, huge litterbox. What brand is it? Got a link?
It’s this one. I have several and have been very pleased with them.
FRISCO High Sided Cat Litter Box, Extra Large 24-in (Free Shipping) | Chewy

game misconduct game misconduct it’s amazing how those toys can disappear, isn’t it! One of Iris’s yarn balls went missing a few weeks ago, and I have looked everywhere. Crawled around on my hands and knees, slithered around on my stomach, looked under chairs and beds and appliances. Looked in baskets, under pillows, in drawers. It’s just gone.

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I need ideas..
HELP!!
Dr. Seuss is always good. I think I still have the Dr. Seuss library from when my son was a baby/toddler. He's saving them for his eventual child.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My son recently rediscovered Dr Seuss. My mom never liked his books so I didn't have them as a kid. (I think it was just a personal preference thing.) I used them in our school when teaching basic grammar and writing. DD used them for her first copy work. DD used him as the topic for her research paper last year too. It was easier to find articles and biographies about him than a lot of other authors.

Children's books are so fun. My kids are getting old enough now that I'm having to screen what they read and that stinks. Some stuff published for older kids and especially teens is just awful. I miss the innocence of children's books!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr Seuss. My mom never liked his books so I didn't have them as a kid.
My Dad hated reading us Dr. Seuss because of the tongue twisters. He would always groan when we brought the books home, and we would laugh. :lol:

I wonder how this spicy Indian snack Bhakarwadi would taste. It sounds amazing! "Delightfully crisp, irresistible crunchy snack is made with wheat flour, gram flour, chili, cumin, coriander and other spices."
Bhakarwadi - Indian Snacks - Nuts.com
1648928149541.png

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This just made my head spin. I ordered a product from Kohls day before yesterday. They sent me a notice saying it was being shipped via UPS. I checked tracking on UPS and they gave me a USPS tracking number. I checked USPS tracking and they showed it being delivered tomorrow by AMAZON!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad hated reading us Dr. Seuss because of the tongue twisters. He would always groan when we brought the books home, and we would laugh. :lol:

I wonder how this spicy Indian snack Bhakarwadi would taste. It sounds amazing! "Delightfully crisp, irresistible crunchy snack is made with wheat flour, gram flour, chili, cumin, coriander and other spices."
Bhakarwadi - Indian Snacks - Nuts.com
View attachment 415738
I don’t know. I lived with a girl who did a lot of Indian cooking and I always found the spice combos just a little strange so that I couldnt eat it. I don’t know exactly what Coriander taste like so maybe it was just unfamiliar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This just made my head spin. I ordered a product from Kohls day before yesterday. They sent me a notice saying it was being shipped via UPS. I checked tracking on UPS and they gave me a USPS tracking number. I checked USPS tracking and they showed it being delivered tomorrow by AMAZON!
I ordered something online for my mother from Walmart and Amazon delivered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.