What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I already bought the vanilla one. What can I do with it? On toast?
I just googled and found this :

Use as a sweet dip for fruit, pretzels, or your favorite crunchy snacks. Perfect in baked goods, over pancakes, or as an ice cream topping. The possibilities are endless!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm the vanilla one might be mellowed down a bit, being flavored and sweetened I assume they mean for it to be used differently than regular tahini. So, yeah, try it on toast or graham crackers and see if you like it, if not, I'm sure there are sesame-based desserts it could be used in.

Their website shows it spread on a rice cake. The sugar probably mellows it a lot.

I once ate a chunk of plain tahini off the spoon like peanut butter. I don't recommend it, lol. But flavored would probably be good.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
She is home now. Overweight, coat overgrown (and matted), nails too long, but I'm working on it. I couldn't get my clippers to go through her coat so I used my hair scissors to cut as much of it off as I could. I had to cut some of the matted hair out and then I carefully combed until I got them out. Then, I gave her a bath (lots of conditioner). Will see if the clippers will go through easier this time when she dries off. She bit me yesterday because I didn't realize that she suddenly doesn't like her rump being touched. Probably pain from the matted hair. I worked slowly and kept telling her it was okay and eventually, she stopped getting mad about me cutting it. She's sleeping by my feet now.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Walmart is once again shipping the peanuts I buy for my squirrel and bird friends so I ordered some Wednesday. They are coming today.

As I was typing that I got a message that my order was delivered. I still have some from my last Target order so I have enough now to last a couple of weeks. The girls came out with me to give them their snack during my morning break. 3 squirrels and lots of birds were waiting. :cloud9:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got my bird seed orders and refilled the feeders and the cereal containers I use to make pouring easier. The pig birds have been coming by and literally dumping the seed from my main feeder so I switched it to safflower for a bit. It seems to be helping. They didn't have safflower or thistle in the store at my Walmart and it was much cheaper online so I ordered that and some mealworms with a small bluebird feeder. They are nesting in my tree so I'm hoping it'll help them out. They seem to make a nest there every year but I've yet to see young leave it. I've got the worms but the feeder is still on it's way.

I did find a partial bag of thistle I missed when I was looking the other day. Oops! Oh well. It'll get used. And right now my birds are happy. DH may be mowing the grass in a little bit so they better enjoy before they need a break.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I just ordered my second set of luggage ever, and it came in! For years, I used an old Samsonite set that my parents gave me when they got a new set. Finally, the latches gave out, so I bought a set of two suitcases and a carry-on bag from Walmart...so long ago that it was only about $35.00 or so! I realized the other say that I was down to just the BIG suitcase and the carry-on satchel, and ordered a four-piece set. I really like this one, and I'll have the right size to take to the hospital, once my ablation is rescheduled! Kinda funny, knowing that I'll never buy luggage again. Sorta sad, but sorta comforting! I'm SET!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a topical that kills fleas, tapeworm, and roundworm? I've never seen one for all three.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a topical that kills fleas, tapeworm, and roundworm? I've never seen one for all three.
I would doubt it. The biology of the three mentioned is to different that I don't believe that this would be possible without some very serious side effects.
Fleas live on the skin so a topical is your solution. Worms however live in the stomach and intestines and I don't see a topical working for these. A topical strong enough to kill worms, especially tape worm, I just don't personally see it ending well.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are spot-ons for worms. Profender is for hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms. I don't know if any brands have combined that with a flea med for cats yet though.

Edit: ok, Bravecto for cats is for fleas, hookworms, and roundworms, but not tapeworms. Revolution, Advantage Multi too.

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are spot-ons for worms. Profender is for hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms. I don't know if any brands have combined that with a flea med for cats yet though.

Edit: ok, Bravecto for cats is for fleas, hookworms, and roundworms, but not tapeworms. Revolution, Advantage Multi too.
Not doubting you at all, just surprised. I personally wouldn't want something that is strong enough to kill all of that in my cat/dog/horse's bloodstream.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Family went away on a weekend trip up to Pennsylvania to watch a hockey game. Worried about Boone and Gracie before the trip as they have never been left alone overnight and they wouldn't be getting their wet food at night or in the morning. Plus I thought they'd miss me like crazy and be so happy to see me when I got back. I worried for nothing. They seemed to care less that no one was home for 24 hours, all they had to eat was dry food, and that mommy was back home. :disappointed:

Status
Not open for further replies.