What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As soon as I got up this morning Lilith went over to the sliding glass door and started hollering for out. I opened the door to let her out into the screen room and that got the attention of the squirrels and birds. Snacktime! I grabbed some peanuts and gave them their treat. 3 squirrels and many birds stopped by. :cloud9:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small update on Hobbit and Simon.

Hobbit has his autism evaluation on the 25th. His speech therapy starts in August.

Simon is doing a little better now that he is on anti-nausea medication. The vet could not find anything exactly "wrong' with him but said that this might very well be our last months with him. He used to weigh 14 lbs, and we would say he looked like that buff kangaroo picture that circulated a few years back. A couple of months ago, he was down to just over 9 1/2 lbs. He is currently just over 8.

Here is a picture from this morning of him on his favorite blanket.
20220403_134101.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We’ll, the good news is my Kohls package that went to UPS, then USPS then Amazon was delivered on time. Bad news is my drapes which were ordered from Amazon and then shipped via USPS are missing. They were supposed to be here today and Amazon says if they don’t arrive by Tuesday they will give me a refund.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a walmart package delivered by Amazon years ago. Or maybe it was the other way around. I was so confused! It was boxes of chalk for school and I couldn’t decide if someone else sent them to me or what! :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a walmart package delivered by Amazon years ago. Or maybe it was the other way around. I was so confused! It was boxes of chalk for school and I couldn’t decide if someone else sent them to me or what! :lol:
They all seem to be working together, which probably reduces their costs but confusing for us and too many places things can get lost or mislaid.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes: wish i could teach graycie to actually poop in the huge hole she always digs in the litter box kinda defeats the purpose of digging a huge hole only to poop ontop of the giant mound of litter then having it rool all over the place to be buried but scattered all over:lol:i make a bigger dust cloud than she does digging when i clean her litter box

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you figure out how to teach them that; you could get rich off training all the worlds cats!! :anticipation:Noodles used to bury her mess by beating on the side of the washing machine. :headscratch::dunno: Not very effective. But she had a rhythm to it.:rolleyes2:

*boom boom boom boom boom boom boom* then *loud mad dash/gallop across the house like it was after her*

I miss that cat!:lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small update on Hobbit and Simon.

Hobbit has his autism evaluation on the 25th. His speech therapy starts in August.

Simon is doing a little better now that he is on anti-nausea medication. The vet could not find anything exactly "wrong' with him but said that this might very well be our last months with him. He used to weigh 14 lbs, and we would say he looked like that buff kangaroo picture that circulated a few years back. A couple of months ago, he was down to just over 9 1/2 lbs. He is currently just over 8.

Here is a picture from this morning of him on his favorite blanket.
View attachment 415837

Poor Simon. I know you'll give him all the loves for however much longer he has.

Glad things are moving forward with Hobbit. Speech Sisters on Instagram might have some tips to help you guts

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, so do I! I try not to get the dust all over, but it's impossible. I wish they would make the litter less dusty, it gets on everything.
This is one of the main reasons I switched to pine pellets. When the pee hits the pellets it turns to sawdust, but not dusty. When they scratch they are just scratching pellets. All you really smell is pine.
You do need a special box with holes in the bottom and not all cats take to the consistency, so it's a slow switch, but well worth it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does Tahini taste like? I saw this Vanilla one and had to order it because I collect anything vanilla:
1649102916896.png

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does Tahini taste like? I saw this Vanilla one and had to order it because I collect anything vanilla:
View attachment 415948
I use it quite a lot..favorite of mine in sauces. (Store bought..to lazy to make my own..lol)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tahini has a strong flavor and I don't think it would be good plain, like spread on toast or something like that. It's great if you make your own hummus (I highly recommend it---so easy and much better than storebought), if you want to make a sesame salad dressing, etc.

Just like how you generally don't eat a spoonful of sesame seeds, you just have them sprinkled on your hamburger bun, lol.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tahini has a strong flavor and I don't think it would be good plain, like spread on toast or something like that. It's great if you make your own hummus
Huh. I don't want to make my own hummus or salad dressing, I only like Thousand Islands Dressing. Can I put the Tahini in stir fry or Mexican food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Can I put the Tahini in stir fry or Mexican food?
I think a vanilla flavor would be odd in either. I've used regular tahini in salad dressings, hummus and soups. You coudl probably use it in a stir fry, but not the vanilla flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.